• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 8: #22 Florida Gators vs #14 Missouri Tigers

miltongator

Gator Fan
We are as dysfunctional as the boys in D.C. I don't see any attempt by this staff to correct the problems on this team. I think I'm done with them until we get some coaching changes. Damn, I hate that.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Looks like the D is tired of the ineptitude on the offensive side. Can't blame them.
As I said earlier, danger is full-on split in team...OH! Well, there went a TD-opportunity...D HAS to "take it to the house" when they get their hands on one, I figure--I'm not kidding anymore. Shameful. After everything that's happened \leading up to it, the GROWING ineptitude on offense , THEN 2 performances in a ROW of this low caliber, how do you NOT at least consider "pulling the trigger"? I mean, you talk about pulling the kicker when he isn't getting the job done...How about a similar public musing regarding an OC who hasn't accomplished anything, whose offense continues to devolve as the 2nd season he's in charge--and they give up the ball on 3rd down, blowing ANOTHER chance the defense gave them I cannot stand this anymore. What do we need to say? We had a chance to tie things up before the half, now we're suddenly lucky if we're not down more (and that hit on a defenseless referee is the offense's best one of the day so far) Aw HELL! ANOTHER missed chance at a Pick-6. These are the only chances at TDs we are gonna get with this team, so when they miss 'em (as they have several times today), it's BIG.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Send in Morhinweg.
I totally agree--and not 'cause I blame all this on Tyler...We're just seeing why he WAS a Walk-on scout-team guy--has skills, but ultimately not enough of 'em, and too inconsistent. No, he's no answer for a Championship SEC team.
Again, I say pull the red shirt off of Grier and let he and Mornihgweg go at it for one/two getting ready for NEXT year (my GOD, those two defenders BANG KNEES and we lose 'em both maybe)...

awebbf5

VIP Member
I totally agree--and not 'cause I blame all this on Tyler...We're just seeing why he WAS a Walk-on scout-team guy--has skills, but ultimately not enough of 'em, and too inconsistent. No, he's no answer for a Championship SEC team.
Again, I say pull the red shirt off of Grier and let he and Mornihgweg go at it for one/two getting ready for NEXT year (my GOD, those two defenders BANG KNEES and we lose 'em both maybe)...
Lol dru grier isn't even there

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
We are as dysfunctional as the boys in D.C. I don't see any attempt by this staff to correct the problems on this team. I think I'm done with them until we get some coaching changes. Damn, I hate that.
I get it. The Gators are having their own government shutdown!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Murphy's not at 100%. We need a QB at 100%. I would take 80%.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
it's not even about 100% at this point, it's paycalling, like it has been all this year. Like it was all last year. Brent Pease is a fucking wart

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
so we called a time out to make them punt, only to drain the clock on purpose?

wtf is wrong with us
Well, they prob don't see it this way, but that offense of ours is a LIABILITY when out there...Meanwhile, by now that depleted D is so banged up, missing more talented guys (back ups just beginning to "catch up" to the speed of play out there and learn their jobs on the fly, PLU Cody getting tossed for the whole game--and prob another half at least of the next, if I understand how that works)...Look, they can use it as an excuse, I mean it IS a "reason", but they can and SHOULD see it as an OPPORTUNITY, as I say: NOT merely to explain why things have turned sour, but to make all the changes, take all the CHANCES that they COULDN'T normally get to mid-season--nit without alienating EVERYONE, fans, boosters, and all the rest. In a way, it is a unique chance at doing what "SHOULD be done", rather than some partial "cover-your-ass" version, for a change. Fire Pease, open up the QB fight that's coming NEXT season (Murphy's better than Driskel for this team, and TYLER isn't really "good enough", so it's not really a gamble or a "controversial decision" to get the two young ones out there getting experience and pushing each other NOW), and begin installing the new offense, both style and terminology, for everyone on that side-of-the-ball to learn and get used to before the end of THIS season...With the D rejuvenated and stronger-than-ever thanks to returning experienced, healed and rehabbed, and incoming new talented players all with varied time on the squad and under our Head Coach's proven excellence in building, training and readying that squad for each week's game, a dynamic offense could make us something amazing next year.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
61 yards of offense guys.

there is your problem, lesser offenses have done more against our fully healthy defense. brent pease has to go or muschamp will take the heat and we will still be stuck with the real problem.

miltongator

Gator Fan
Cou
Well, they prob don't see it this way, but that offense of ours is a LIABILITY when out there...Meanwhile, by now that depleted D is so banged up, missing more talented guys (back ups just beginning to "catch up" to the speed of play out there and learn their jobs on the fly, PLU Cody getting tossed for the whole game--and prob another half at least of the next, if I understand how that works)...Look, they can use it as an excuse, I mean it IS a "reason", but they can and SHOULD see it as an OPPORTUNITY, as I say: NOT merely to explain why things have turned sour, but to make all the changes, take all the CHANCES that they COULDN'T normally get to mid-season--nit without alienating EVERYONE, fans, boosters, and all the rest. In a way, it is a unique chance at doing what "SHOULD be done", rather than some partial "cover-your-ass" version, for a change. Fire Pease, open up the QB fight that's coming NEXT season (Murphy's better than Driskel for this team, and TYLER isn't really "good enough", so it's not really a gamble or a "controversial decision" to get the two young ones out there getting experience and pushing each other NOW), and begin installing the new offense, both style and terminology, for everyone on that side-of-the-ball to learn and get used to before the end of THIS season...With the D rejuvenated and stronger-than-ever thanks to returning experienced, healed and rehabbed, and incoming new talented players all with varied time on the squad and under our Head Coach's proven excellence in building, training and readying that squad for each week's game, a dynamic offense could make us something amazing next year.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema