• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 8: #22 Florida Gators vs #14 Missouri Tigers

awebbf5

VIP Member
te="NaffGutts, post: 71870, member: 2788"]and hire who?

muschamp is defense, he brought pease in to run our offense. no which side of the ball looks like shit? despite injury[/quote]
Whos responsible for this team? Muschamp is , there's plenty of ppl out there who would love to be the head coach at Florida. If your the head guy your responsible that's why you make the big bucks and if you don't address it or have the balls to then someone else can fill your shoes.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Last week I would have blamed the OC. Today, the whole team looks like crap. Blame the head coach.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
te="NaffGutts, post: 71870, member: 2788"]and hire who?

muschamp is defense, he brought pease in to run our offense. no which side of the ball looks like shit? despite injury
Whos responsible for this team? Muschamp is , there's plenty of ppl out there who would love to be the head coach at Florida. If your the head guy your responsible that's why you make the big bucks and if you don't address it or have the balls to then someone else can fill your shoes.
right, but he went 11-2 last year. held every ranked team we faced to their lowest offensive averages to include heisman winner. we busted on Jeff, his backup choose to transfer so he could play, then the injuries, and here we are.

Who says Muschamp isn't looking for an OC? it's not just a point and click decision. I think Pease will be fired, but when his replacement is found.

miltongator

Gator Fan
We may as well not even have an O-line. Maybe if they just lie down at the snap....at least the Mizzou guys would have to jump over them.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Again: We do have some play-makers on offense--we just don't have enough--or involve the ones we DO have as much as we should, given that situation. Oh MAN--GIVE AWAY on the receiver for a ridiculous pick--not Tyler, that one. Oh man--and they WILL score--and have the requisite 14 pts that beats the Gators this year.
Sorry, but but I don't see myself watching much more than the 1st qrtr and a half of this one This kind of unbalance between a depleted defense playing its heart out and an inept offense giving the show away week in/week out often leads to a rift developing on a team, and further cracks showing thereafter...
(Also, my "High Speed"/"Wide Band" cable connection to the internet is has my stuff coming out at a SNAIL'S pace here--I HATE it! Won't be posting up-to-the-second like I normally do...)
Well, we "held 'em", but we also ("we" being our offense) just handed 'em BACK that 3 pts we managed to get from that great ST play earlier. I'm just amazed that this is Pease's response to last week's fiasco on offense: An apparent absolute refusal to CHANGE ANYTHING! I may HAVE to walk away and just let this slow-motion car-crash happen without my having to suffer thru' it play-by-play...I can go to my friend's bar downtown (NOT Champions, several blocks away, where the Austin Gator Alumni club meet and watch the games each Sat.) --Patton AGAIN...Pease said "We've gotta get him the ball", Duhh!, but it isn't enough, even if they were to do it twice as much as this-- May go down to my friend's serious drinkers' bar down there: It IS Austin on a Gameday for the Longhorns, so the monitors (which normally are there for obscure, noir, slasher, Hong Kong-action etc. (and of course anything by Rodriguez, Linklater, Tarantino and you-get-the-literal-picture-cool) WILL have college ball, but I'll be able to mainly ignore everything but the late scores while I admire and if possible in the craziness chat up my favorite bar-tender (Yes, she's a woman--and I've been more or less an admirer--as she well knows--for YEARS)
Why am I going on like this 'bout inane side-issues in the middle of the crucial stretch of this game? BECAUSE it is actually slipping through our fingers while I am messin' around here--and this season's remaining "false hopes" with it pass interference in the endzone on the Gators) with it--and the more I watch this, the more sure I am that this can be a GOOD thing, as I said at the beginning, if only we will USE it that way. It's ONLY because this Tigers team is clearly over-rated (especially their offense--their D is actually hard to rate, so bad is OUR offense against EVERYONE) --Gator should have intercepted that one in the endzone; I mean it, we've missed so many chances to take control here ourselves here, once again WAY too many pts being given away or left on the field--and it's been our D that has ALSO failed to seize its chances-- that this still at least LOOKS like "a close game"...But I'll say it now, as I have more and more, earlier and earlier been cynically able to do: We're gonna lose this one--and it'll be a no-show for the 2nd half (lineman downfield, took to long to develop, tho' nice improvise by Murphy, one of the things he does well--but he's just not accurate enough when it counts. Sorry.)...I'm thinking a final score that sounds like a dominant win by Mizzou--but tho' they'll have "beaten us soundly" on the scoreboard, y'all can see well as I can that they aren't all that: Our team with a healthy D and offensive line could have beaten THEM in our by now typical "shouldn't have been THAT close" type of game we DO win by the last season and a half.
We've become the team that "just does enough to lose".
What do you figure? Maybe a 24-13 final?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema