• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 8: #22 Florida Gators vs #14 Missouri Tigers

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
This will be the Gators' first visit to Faurot Field, where they take on the rising Mizzou Tigers. Last year the Tigers kept it close in a 14-7 game. This year's Tiger team is more talented on both sides of the ball, whereas the Gators are struggling in all phases of the game. Logic tells me that the Gators lose another close one, 14-10, but I think the Gators have better chances of winning this one than they did against LSU--maybe 10-7.

awebbf5

VIP Member
I'm sure we will come out and run some addazio specials on first and second , no way we lose with our unpredictable offense ;) .

Escambia94

I am actually worried about the weather. The Gators tend to look even worse in cold, wet, weather.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This will be the Gators' first visit to Faurot Field, where they take on the rising Mizzou Tigers. Last year the Tigers kept it close in a 14-7 game. This year's Tiger team is more talented on both sides of the ball, whereas the Gators are struggling in all phases of the game. Logic tells me that the Gators lose another close one, 14-10, but I think the Gators have better chances of winning this one than they did against LSU--maybe 10-7.
Yes--I'm sure we have "a better chance". Again, tho', while I know I'm hammering on the same theme again and again now, fact still remains: Nothing short of something impressive, not just from our defense but our OFFENSE this time as well, will begin to show warnings heeded, changes made, an effective beginning in an overall RESPONSE to what has been an unacceptable showing in that area. A "better" showing? A new and imaginative approach, with a general "opening up" and the specific use of underused players AND the few so far demonstrated play-makers in new ways, all leading to some kind of relative "outburst" on the scoreboard, is what we truly need to see, and what I'LL be "looking for". At this point, I don't believe an effort at simply "improving execution and efficiency" in the same old tired sequences is either enough, or at all encouraging, no matter HOW much better it seems to work against THIS opponent. Gotta feeling that's NOT the view over on the Gator sidelines--exactly why I'm getting so frustrated and pessimistic (and why I personally need to see something more than a victory if I'm to begin to see the rest of this season as anything more than the start of a long pre-season run-up to 2014).

Escambia94

New offense: Tyler Murphy will punt on 1st down and let the defense win the game.

On a related note, I ran into punter Kyle Christie and his girlfriend while I was taking the kids through the stadium.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
New offense: Tyler Murphy will punt on 1st down and let the defense win the game.

On a related note, I ran into punter Kyle Christie and his girlfriend while I was taking the kids through the stadium.
(laughing) Wait a minute--isn't that pretty much what we've already got?

awebbf5

VIP Member
ESPN reporting Powell and Jacobs won't play today due to injuries. Well the d line is even thinner now, this season has been horrible for injuries and offense.

Escambia94

It is 2010 all over again, minus the arrests (knock on wood). Lots of injuries means lots of losses. This could be ugly unless the freshmen and veteran backups all step it up.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
It is 2010 all over again, minus the arrests (knock on wood). Lots of injuries means lots of losses. This could be ugly unless the freshmen and veteran backups all step it up.
I don't think we are that far down yet. You gotta understand how well Muschamp coaches Defense, I think all these guys are chomping at the bit to step up.

As far as the injury report goes, think like this. We have lost so many people so far this year, so I think the first sign of a possible injury at this point will warrant Muschamp not playing them. Recruits see this, nobody wants to play on a team that keeps getting hurt. You start scratching your head at a certain point wondering if it's bad luck, or lack of conditioning/strength. I think Muschamp is sitting them to prevent a possible injury, we still have a lot of schedule left.

Escambia94

I did not expect to play for a national championship this year, but I did expect to see three things: better discipline, better execution on offense, strong defense. Irrespective of injuries, I still see problems with two of those three. Add in shoddy special teams, and we are headed for not quite a train wreck, but another disappointing season or shocking season of amazing luck...but no longer among the SEC elite.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
I did not expect to play for a national championship this year, but I did expect to see three things: better discipline, better execution on offense, strong defense. Irrespective of injuries, I still see problems with two of those three. Add in shoddy special teams, and we are headed for not quite a train wreck, but another disappointing season or shocking season of amazing luck...but no longer among the SEC elite.
everything points toward Offensive coaching. Grant it Muschamp is responsible for all, but Brent Pease and his philosophy will not work in the SEC. We look like Boise State, only difference is we play in the top conference in the nation. I've been calling for Brent Pease to be fired since last year. I just hope Muschamp doesn't take too long or he might be in the mix too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema