• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 8: #22 Florida Gators vs #14 Missouri Tigers

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Lol dru grier isn't even there
He's still on our team, right? Oh, you mean didn't make the trip? If so, I'm not even talking about THIS week now...Oh, we're stuck with the hand we're dealt here now--though with Murphy possibly hurting and us maybe soon down a couple of TDs or more and no sign of any improvement or even PLAN for improvement on offense, maybe I don't even wanna see Mornigweg in there yet under those conditions--much as I'd like to get a look at him "sooner-rather-than-later"--No, man, I was reflecting on what I think needs to happen, along with an actual full-on change at OC, iat QB in the weeks ahead, with the rest of this season: To take the red shirt off Grier (who IS still a Gator, far as I know), currently probably the most talented prospect we've GOT here, and get him out there, first to push Mornigweg who's been 2nd string/back-up last couple weeks or so and as such has a BIG head start on him, and I expect catch up, possibly PASS him if he's as good AND smart as they say he is...

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
He's still on our team, right? Oh, you mean didn't make the trip? If so, I'm not even talking about THIS week now...Oh, we're stuck with the hand we're dealt here now--though with Murphy possibly hurting and us maybe soon down a couple of TDs or more and no sign of any improvement or even PLAN for improvement on offense, maybe I don't even wanna see Mornigweg in there yet under those conditions--much as I'd like to get a look at him "sooner-rather-than-later"--No, man, I was reflecting on what I think needs to happen, along with an actual full-on change at OC, iat QB in the weeks ahead, with the rest of this season: To take the red shirt off Grier (who IS still a Gator, far as I know), currently probably the most talented prospect we've GOT here, and get him out there, first to push Mornigweg who's been 2nd string/back-up last couple weeks or so and as such has a BIG head start on him, and I expect catch up, possibly PASS him if he's as good AND smart as they say he is...
Grier is still in highschool

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Murphy's not at 100%. We need a QB at 100%. I would take 80%.
Yeah, that's true--I forgot noticing him not being "right", just the way he was moving, when he went out there at the start of the game, our first possession. Still, not so sure he's got enough on his BEST day, not against a really stout SEC defense,

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Grier is still in highschool
I could be wrong, but I have been under the impression that he was a Gator red shirt freshman all season--have been calling for his possible move to active since Driskel's injury--even earlier I raised the possibility...Won't bother lookin' it up now, midgame, when it is irrelevant to all of this--but if I've been wrong all this time, well, "That explains why he's still not out there" (ha ha)...

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
We are overrated . We don't deserve to me in the SEC Championship Game. Our coaches are a very big disappointment plain and simple. They do not seem to know how to get the best out of our players. WM might be as big as a bust as Zook. Good recruiter but horrible head coach. Why do we have so many problems with guys transferring, getting in trouble with the law, not understanding how to run a route, pass block, understand a play book and the list goes on. I see schools like Mizz and TA&M passing us in the SEC. Without a change and very soon all I see on our horizon is gloom. Can't wait for college football to be over so my stress level can go down.

awebbf5

VIP Member
We are overrated . We don't deserve to me in the SEC Championship Game. Our coaches are a very big disappointment plain and simple. They do not seem to know how to get the best out of our players. WM might be as big as a bust as Zook. Good recruiter but horrible head coach. Why do we have so many problems with guys transferring, getting in trouble with the law, not understanding how to run a route, pass block, understand a play book and the list goes on. I see schools like Mizz and TA&M passing us in the SEC. Without a change and very soon all I see on our horizon is gloom. Can't wait for college football to be over so my stress level can go down.
Agreed

awebbf5

VIP Member
Well now our guys are fighting each other , the staff has lost the team , its over , I dread to see the beating FSU gives us.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
what an embarrassment. no pressure, no offense, dropped picks, missed tackles, no run game, no emotion, just a flat bland football team

awebbf5

VIP Member
I could be wrong, but I have been under the impression that he was a Gator red shirt freshman all season--have been calling for his possible move to active since Driskel's injury--even earlier I raised the possibility...Won't bother lookin' it up now, midgame, when it is irrelevant to all of this--but if I've been wrong all this time, well, "That explains why he's still not out there" (ha ha)...
Nope he is a hs senior

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Everyone is beating the Gators, including the Gators. Let us see if chewing out the secondary fires them up. Probably not.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now: After everything that's happened to start this half, have to say that was our "last gasp" wouldn't y'all?
I mean, that Patton return was our chance back, and we immediately gave it back to THEM--same way we OPENED this game, right? This one is going almost EXACTLY as I predicted at the opening, sad to say. Yeah as has been said by every one of us I think at SOME point, talk about "Woulda shoulda coulda"!!! This team is just a beat-up shadow of what it might have been now ("WOULDA"), even the defense at this point...Now, as I feared, the cracks are starting to show BETWEEN team members--disgust and contempt by the D for the O, now the various parts of that D is getting in each others' faces over there (ANOTHER "COULDA" been picked off)...We aren't coming back, Gators. We "SHOULDA" been able to, had we anything to offer on offense, but ain't happenin'--AGAIN. We're just fading now, slipping further behind and no answer.
(Point: Notice how that "great running game" has deteriorated steadily over the last 3 games: It ISN'T just the loss of Jones. In fact, I don't think that's the main reason at all. It is of course at least to SOME extent our losses, lack of depth and discipline, and underachievement by those left on the O-line, coming in a supposed STRENGTH, that probably set us up for this, but you'd have to say that ultimately it has been the form, style, philosophy, execution and PLAY-CALLING on the part of Pease and his coaches that have undermined everything else...This last TYPICAL play sequence demonstrates perfectly how and why defenses can and have "pinned their ears back" on the obvious sets and plays we run out of them so predictably in predictable situations. When you add in the immature selfishness of individual players drawing dumb penalties repeatedly, sometime 2 and 3 plays in a ROW, well, it's TIME: Throw this whole mess out. Sometimes it's just easier than even contemplating "fixing it". It's that time here.)

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
I just hope Muschamp doesn't blame it on our Defense like in the Miami game. I seriously hope a post game reporter asks a serious question about our Offense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema