• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 8: #22 Florida Gators vs #14 Missouri Tigers

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
I've been watching Tenn vs USC. I sense an upset. East still open, not that it matters to me. Just basically see what team can get beat by Bama

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--Now they decide it's time "to commit to the running game"??? Um, the question CONTINUES to be necessary:
"Have you guys looked at the scoreboard lately?!!" Solomon around end is NOT gonna get it done now.
Now, Taylor's a different story...SHOULD have had HIM running since our opening posession--THEN he and Patton, inside/outside, coulda been wearing 'em down, taking control, shortening the game!
Speak of the MAN! Look at that! Those last 2 runs are exactly what I've been calling for all season--kid doesn't NEED much room, just a brush-block sometimes...He's something special, what this game is all about--NOT just "x's and O's", but the break-out games by great younng players...
Now we give up the big run...our D is TIRED. Been on the field TOO MUCH--and no depth now, not like used to be when we could run in two and 3 guys at each defensive position.
Even our highlights are merely preludes to their answers now. This defense USED to (like a month ago) be able to WIN with 17-to-20 points. Not anymore--and with THIS offense, that spells disaster, doom, and a REALLY "down year"...

miltongator

Gator Fan
We need 2 wins for an "also ran" bowl bid. Georgia Southern should be one, the only other hope is Vandy and I'm not sure we can handle them.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
maybe Kelvin Taylor can spark enough life in us to pull a win out.
Maybe if we'd had a GAME PLAN, one which had Taylor and Patton running inside/outside since the START of the game--but no, they just tried to do the EXACT same things that they made work against weaker competition at the start of the year--when all of us SAID it wasn't "enough of a test" to be confident about the resullts, and when you don't CHANGE anything, well, the results are predictable: Subsequent (especially more talented) opponents whip you at the point-of-attack! No, Maybe some amazing, break-out star-making 4th quarter could get it done for us, but there's just too many other factors contributing to our complete breakdown. I'm sick of going on about it. Now they could get him hurt--and WILL, with those Addazio "Bubble Screens"!!! What are they trying to DO out there? AGAIN: It's just, "Try this, try that, how 'bout we do this old deal?..." OK: I am DONE. FIRE PEASE. NOW.
And if Muschamp won't do it, then it's on HIM too--I don't wanna HEAR the "injury" excuses: Muschamp himself could do that too regarding the defense, but HE gets ON his D instead (not that I agreed with THAT, but if that's HIS reaction, then...). Let's turn to 2014 NOW--and that HAS to start with a new OC, NOW.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I stayed longer than I meant to in such a game, guys...and the reality is worse than I imagined, the "long, sssllloooowwwww death", "death by a thousand cuts", indeed. Talk to y'all after the weekend, Gators...Hopefully post fire/hire? If not, I'LL be into discussing just that prospect, and its various alternatives...(They WILL score here, putting this away for real.)

awebbf5

VIP Member
If Jeremy Foley has any sense he will fire this son of a bitch after the game, this is worse than zook !

awebbf5

VIP Member
firing muschamp will not fix our offensive issues
lol yeah keeping him will help, you really are high on Muschamp, this performance and the way this team is, is embarrassing to the University of Florida and unacceptable. The team is already split arguing with each other. Time to move on!

Last edited:

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Hire Lane Kiffin to replace Brent Pease, just for entertainment value and the off chance that the offense play calling might improve.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
If replacing the OC midseason does not help then fire the head coach at the end of the season.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
lol yeah keeping him will help, you really are high on Muschamp, this performance and the way this team is, is embarrassing to the University of Florida and unacceptable. The team is already split arguing with each other. Time to move on!
I'm not high on anyone, but the obvious problem lies with our Offense, not Defense. Brent Pease should have been gone last season, it's obvious what side of the ball is suffering. Muschamp is technically the head coach but there are way too many things to consider than just firing someone while emotional following a bad loss.

overkill cannot be corrected, underkill can

awebbf5

VIP Member
I'm not high on anyone, but the obvious problem lies with our Offense, not Defense. Brent Pease should have been gone last season, it's obvious what side of the ball is suffering. Muschamp is technically the head coach but there are way too many things to consider than just firing someone while emotional following a bad loss.

overkill cannot be corrected, underkill can
I don't agree, but this team is bad and it isn't all on the players.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema