• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Outback Bowl: Florida Gators vs Penn State Nittany Lions

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here's the thing--the "Good Stuff" is all ahead of us, another team on another field with a WHOLE 'nother staff, right? THIS game is an exercise in self-abuse, at least for us die-hard Gator alumni/fans.
I just think we have no chance to win without Reed in there, and it looks like we've lost him for the rest of this one (it's true that these sorts of things, injuries to key people at key points in key games, and the like, tend to happen to reeling teams, but Addazio sending him on the DIVE one too many times--more like TEN too many times!--didn't help--I REALLY despise that guy for that sort of thing).
Half over. Look, it's that weird old geezer everyone pretends is coaching the N. Lions!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
HALFTIME: Penn State 17, Florida 14. Gators offense: 8 possessions, 1 TD, INT, lost fumble, 87 total yards on 26 plays.

JB4: 4/9, 25 yards, 1 INT
Reed: 2/2, 27 yards; 5 rush/ 18 yards probably will not return
Burton: 0/1, 1 fumble.

Penn State: 47 rushing yards to our 35. 155 passing yards to our 52.

We need to move the ball on offense. We cannot rely on magic on special teams and defense, especially since PSU knows how to adjust. I expect PSU to keep throwing at Riggs and the next injured Gator. Not looking good, but I maintain some hope.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Um, what game have y'all been watchin'? We're about to get a steady, HEAVY dose of #12 the rest of the way! We're only in it thanks to that punt block, mediocre PSU play, and our "D", which was showing signs of getting worn out, tired as the half closed. Now we expect John Brantley to "pull it out?" (Rainey run...Too bad he was caught, 'cause BIG PLAYS would be the one way we might defy the trend here) He's getting NO protection--and he has trouble WITH it.
I'm sorry. I'm getting "mellow" now, but cynically so...I'm the big bring down now I guess. I'm gonna spare you all the "bummer play-by-play", bow out for a while. I'll shut up 'til something good happens (or it's over).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(we had a month to get ready...ok ok i'll shut up NOW for sure)

austingator

Gator Fan
You know the more I watch this game the more I realize we should have a really great D next year. The offense most likely will still suck to some degree but if our D can let us hang, then we might be able to start putting this horrible season behind us.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
We SHOULD have a great D, even if we lose about five starters or so:

94 Justin Trattou DE 6' 4" 255 SR 3L Ramsey, N.J./Don Bosco Prep

90 Lawrence Marsh NT 6' 5" 290 RSR 3L Augusta, Ga./Josey
16 A.J. Jones LB 6' 1" 226 RSR 3L Tampa/Middleton

74 Maurice Hurt T/G 6' 3" 320 RSR 3L Milledgeville, Ga./Baldwin

44 Duke Lemmens DE 6' 3" 250 SR 3L Westlake Village, Calif./Oaks Christian

40 Brandon Hicks LB 6' 2" 228 SR 3L Jacksonville/Nathan Bedford Forrest

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics