• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Outback Bowl: Florida Gators vs Penn State Nittany Lions

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
meyer-vs-paterno-450x378.png

Welcome to the 25th anniversary of the Outback Bowl in the third meeting between Florida and Penn State. Florida has an all-time lead head to head, 2-0. Florida defeated Penn State in the 1962 Gator Bowl, 17-7, in a game that game featured an assistant coach named Joe Paterno and a young quarterback named Galen Hall–the same Galen Hall that coached the Gators from 1984 to 1989 to a 40-18-1 record.

Read more and vote for who you think will win!

Escambia94

One more day! Here are some more stats: PSU bowl record 27-13-2. UF bowl record 18-19. Joe Paterno is in his 45th year and has gone 401–134–3 (.748) with this team. Urban Meyer is in his 6th and final year and is 64–15 (.810). The Lions are 5-6 against the Vegas spread this year. The Gators are 4-6-1 against the Vegas spread. Note: the over/under is 48 points, Gators by 7. Unless the Gators cannot overcome injury losses or its offense comes alive, I do not expect this game to reach 48 points.

Want to read what Penn State fans are saying about us? Check out http://nittanywhiteout.com. They are bragging about their 3-0 record against the SEC in the Outback, and our 1-2 record in the Outback.

Escambia94

Time to quit on New Year's Resolution #1 about quitting drinking. That's a record...12 hours and I'm about to break a resolution. Thanks, JB4.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm gonna wish y'all Happy New Year now, Gators...This is going downhill fast--in fact, we seem to be makin' sure that it's ALL "downhill" for PSU. Interception, Black!!!
I was just about to say it was all on our defense. Here comes Brantley to give it back.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't believe it. Fumble on goal line. I don't think I can watch this, my friends. In considering why there MUST be a "wholesale turnover" on offense at LEAST, these coaches AND players can look in the mirror for an explanation. F*ck 'em. I mean it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema