• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Outback Bowl: Florida Gators vs Penn State Nittany Lions

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
...Not so much in this game...

That should have been a strip by Ahmad Black. He pulled the ball out before the whistle. Whatever. Time for JB4 to jack it up on 3rd and long after Reed drives us. Act surprised, guys.

Escambia94

Is Brantley even going through his progression? It's like he has just 1 option on the pass play.

Wanna know what pisses me off? When it comes time for this clown to get drafted, we are going to hear tons of praise on how much better JB4 is at reading defenses and going through progressions than Tebow. I can recall Timmy reading defenses better than this.

Okay, done with the obligatory Tebow reference.

Escambia94

What a great catch from Deonte Thompson on a piss-poor throw from JB4. Of course, now Thompson was hung out to dry with that throw.

jamestoney84

Gator Fan
another issue with Florida is that with so many three and outs, the Florida defense doesn't have much time to recover and it starts showing late in the games

Escambia94

another issue with Florida is that with so many three and outs, the Florida defense doesn't have much time to recover and it starts showing late in the games

That's the "schedule" that Addazio and Meyer talk about. We are not gaining yardage on 1st, or we are getting penalized. We suck. I mean...we should strive to do better...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(I gotta say: Hard as this is to watch, it is just about IMPOSSIBLE without the luxury of commiserating with y'all. Like we need help from the officials to screw this up! It's not just losing, it's HOW we do it that's just tough to swallow and hold down...)
...I'll hold to my promise not to comment on the specifics for now, but austingator is right: we SHOULD (WILL!) have a good, maybe (with a couple of D-linemen) GREAT defense next year. On offense, never mind the announcers--our only hope is that Reed can be a serviceable enough QB until Driskell is ready, and that our offense under Weiss won't LOSE games, will be tight enough along the line to maybe win T'o'P-battles. FORGET John Brantley. He is a millstone around our necks, an albatross. How many 2-yd. passes on 3rd-and-7 does it take? (yep, I see that INT, another one...this is the only shot we have--but it's like the "D" has to score as well, or it just won't get there...)
Anyway, for the most part, even the way we're stinking things up here offers hope for the future: yes, we should be blowing this unimpressive PSU team off the field, but at least it's clear that the reasons we're not have to do with coaching, inconsistent senior play, lack of leadership and an under-achieving bust at QB--all things that can change quickly from one season to the next.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reed to Burton--gosh, damn near REVOLUTIONARY for this staff.

Gatorfan24

Gator Fan
Trey Burton is so good. Not many people can take a snap a QB, turn around and make a clutch catch as a receiver.

Escambia94

Penn State pass coverage is pretty tight. Passing from JB4 always seems to get our WRs hammered by their DBs.

Escambia94

We also got a break with that Mike Gillislee TD run. It almost looked like he got stopped short. It is not sad that our goal-line power running back is under 200 pounds?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I thought he hit him early at the time--but they didn't show that angle on the replay...Gator ball? That ball was going out before he was down...Urban blew it by not calling the time out! That was ANOTHER blown chance!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema