• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Game Day: 10/04/14 At Vols

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
There is no way we should be losing this game, or even "these TYPE of games".
Well, like I say, even against a less-talented, less-experienced team, the best we can managed is "slow death"--and even that is courtesy of our sputtering, but still VERY talented, defense...They will fade, though, as usual, just too much time on the field--and this time, we'll already be down when that happens.
Can we even score at ALL? Only if the Vols hand us one. With them up 2 scores, ya gotta figure it's over against OUR offense. Only chance was putting Harris in--like TWO SERIES ago! Muschamp will be asked about that, and he'll have the usual at this point mealy-mouthed response about "best chance to win". Spare us, Coach.

Or he will say "we gotta get better on offense, gotta catch better, ect ect" same crap he's been saying sine he got here but nothing's changed.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...and btw:
I don't care what verb we use, how anyone puts it in the angry, frustrated, disappointed and FED-UP moment, I say "FIRE EVERYONE NOT GETTING IT DONE"!!! OK, you can't "fire" players, and there's questions about "who is really responsible for what?"...So you cut thru' the sh*t, go to the heart of it all:
You fire Muschamp, and figure the rest'll take care of itself. Let the new guy do his thing, figure most of the rest will happen as part of that process...
And the D gets us ANOTHER chance. Gators MUST capitalize--and HERE'S Harris. Finally.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@miltongator,
Don't leave before seeing how Harris does here.
This DOES NOT "make or break" him as the Gator QB: He's being put in "at the last possible moment", no higher pressure, probably a full quarter later than he shoulda been put in to give him a REAL shot here of actually WINNING here. I mean , THAT should have been at the core of OUR "adjustments on offense" between first and second halves, for HIS sake as well as ours.
So he shouldn't "lose" the spot now if/when he can't fully pull this out. But he COULD take it away from JD permanently, if he somehow did.
Hit Jones, "like butta", smooth. Kid is cool. Runs 10 to the 5. I mean--he just looks better than JD.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
YES!
You know, everything could change now. I don't know--I mean, that D of ours is pretty gassed by now (again!). May not have enough left to hold em off at home in the 4th qrtr, and that HAS to happen for Treon to finish this right.
But I sense our offense has coupla scores in it still here today--I mean, THEY'RE "fresh", at least (lol--with irony)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Imagine what "could have been", if Harris had been given equal reps at LEAST the past week (they had TWO weeks with the "bye", remember), with JD's probs kept in mind. ANOTHER example of Muschamps questionable judgment, and likely his stubborness too. Think maybe we can make Tennessee D poay for essentially near-ignoring the long pass possibility now?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh oh. Signs of the start of "The Fade" on defense again. For a 1st down. Now another, on a wide run. Damn, it's cominfg too late. And a Gator defense player down. This is what happens to us in these close games in the 4th qrtr now...Just too much time on field before we got here, I guess. Durkin freaking on the sidelines--That's the customary "coaching style" over there these days.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey, STONEFINGERS (Dubose): How 'bout coming through with one of those "things you actually do WELL" on one of these? Be nice if we had something besides "Harris comes in and single-handedly saves the day" in our bag.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Up 'til that last FG (and our apparent inability to kick 'em ourselves), we always had a theoretical chance to pull this out with a score, just ONE score. Now, well, I don't have to say more...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Little bit of a miss on that pass--but Sutton still has to make the good play to break it up. 3rd down, and...he gets it on that quick throw--flip, accurate ENOUGH (more than JD can say), and 1st down...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
NOW the running game starts to break thru'...Keep running, guys, THEN let Treon throw, once they key on it. We can get this done.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah, I AM "into it" again now. I wanna see our "new QB" succeed, of course.
Damn,. GOTTA protect Tron now! (Would REALLY suck if he got hurt).
OOOHHH...ALMOST breaks that last one for a 1st...But can we kick it that far? They'll try--with Hardin.
He makes it!!! 49 yarder, too. We have the lead. Can we KEEP it?
10 straight points since Treon comes in. He plays from the opening down, we already have this one in-hand.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Think I may have hit on a nick-name for Hartis, albeit accidentally, w a mis-type:
"Tron".., too corny? Too retro? Not a big enough movie? TOO NERDY? I like it, anyway, first look.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Too drunk to think of anything interesting to say other than "I hope Driskel only comes in to run the wildcat formation". (Note that a true wildcat is run by a player other than the QB.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
But does that clear things up, or what?!!
Treon Harris comes in finally to replace Driskel, in moments (last third of the third) we go from behind 2 scores, looking hopeless and fading fast, to IN -THE-LEAD!
Even the D has gotten a lift, back to asserting ITS will. 3rd and long...Sack, Fowler and co. Yeah.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, we are Gators, after all. Doesn't take anyything more than seeing a ray of REAL HOPE to crack thru all those heavy clouds, this time in the form of one TREON HARRIS, and, well, not as if all that OTHER stuff is forgotten, or solved, but that's all it takes to give us some HOPE again.
We go play by play, game by game now. Hopw our Head Coach doesn't mess it up.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We're driving again--and there is a new confidence, a snap to the offense.
No doubt about it. Hope the HC gets it--have no confidence that he does, or will.
Aw HELL--is Jones down?!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We've got other guys, but he's becoming our key RB, strong AND fast, sure-handed: Perfect for icing this game now, if they have to/can.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema