• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Game Day: 10/04/14 At Vols

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(For background discussion, see comments on "Pregame"-thread)
Well, here we are. Here I am. I have no idea how this goes. I'm no longer that invested in the outcome--for all the reasons discussed elsewhere, and in the end because I figure only the negative can be proven here, that a loss to the Vols confirms Muschamp's fate. Now, I'm already there, hold little hope now for this season as a whole, and that's not likely to change unless/until we've run off 5 or 6 wins starting today. And I just don't wanna let myself start to care too much again--OK, yeah, deep down it still hurts, and DAMNIT I still HOPE, wanna see us not just win, but do well. Of COURSE I'll revel in the success and joy of our guys going out there and doing well. I just don't care to let myself hope too much, HURT too much, if/when the outcome(s) I really expect, feel I'm at least somewhat "prepared" for, come to pass.
Ready to start here, so I'll shut up and put this up. We'll talk.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...and we hold 'em on their 1st possession after deferring. SO: Here we go...

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Burned a timeout already. That can happen when the entire defense is shuffled.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Unfortunately, I anticipate this offense looking more like last year's. They have to--and I'm not even that bummed about it, 'cause it means (for eg) that Driskel RUNS more, which he's better at, after all. Working so far, too.
Why I say "unfortunately", though, is that I expect to to lead to the same result: Too many plays-form-scrimmage means too many opportunities for f8ck-uos and failures, especially in the Dead, I mean RED zone.

Escambia94

Driskel needs to run in order to make the zone read work. Good pick up.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
See what I mean? TERRIBLE play calling. You CAN'T open with a passing play with JD (and our receivers, I'm also sad to say) at QB. So they can more confidently defend the run, cheat a bit deep and on the outside.
That's ONE opportunity self-beaten. We're just nort good enougfh to win with very many of those--and as we have seen the last 2 games, doing it early, first few series, kills any chance at (what Muschamp calls) "separation". Hey Coach: "How 'bout letting your OC do whatever he needs to do to SCORE???!!!"

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Without our D, espec Fowler, we've got NUTHIN'! Again. (Hey, TD? But penalty flag--prob coming back AND giving up good field possession. Yep. ANOTHER big beat-ourselves /missed opportunity. Terrible.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That's the kind of thing that used to open things up for us, get us going. But we're keeping THEM in the game. At their place. Gonna cost us. Watch.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, Driskel's running like his JOB depends on it. Hope it does. Geez, talk about lowered expectations. And now our best WR drops his 2nd--JD can't even rely on him today.
My friends, we are SUNK. Loss here today. I'm sorry.

Escambia94

Driskel had one good pass dropped, one okay one dropped, and one bad one dropped.

Kyle Christy is our MVG.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, bout to be saved this time by the Vols themselves---NO! Of COURSE it's on us. We are a sack of bumbling fools--and this team, a talented one at most positions, SHOULDN'T be. THAT'S the final, damning fact.
The Vols will eventually pull things together here. And this staff SUCKS at "adjustments", half-to-half. Doubt I'll be able to make it even that far, though. Warned y'all of that, though--so I won't feel as guilty as I might have otherwise.
I. Just. Can't. Watch. The. Inevitable, Unfold. It's like trying to run for your life ankle-deep in wet cement. A bad dream, repeated night after night--or in this case, game after game.
Vols doing their best to give us time, let us "pull it together": first--but they shouldn't worry. AND THERE IT IS--the defensive breakdown I was sure was coming sooner or later. Only the Vols AGAIN blow it with a penalty. They are even worse than us. MORE evidence how bad WE are. And we let 'em get the 1st down anyway.
"Hey Coach, that's YOUR D that's screwing up as time proceeds--Gonna yell at 'em some more? Great job..."

awebbf5

VIP Member
Well, Driskel's running like his JOB depends on it. Hope it does. Geez, talk about lowered expectations. And now our best WR drops his 2nd--JD can't even rely on him today.
My friends, we are SUNK. Loss here today. I'm sorry.
Robinson doesnt look focused, our d is lost!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Driskel had one good pass dropped, one okay one dropped, and one bad one dropped.

Kyle Christy is our MVG.
Hope you step back and look at the "Big Picture" now and then, E-, 'cause here, in this game, the problems are being stripped bare for all to see. Yes, there's "blame" to go around. But the point has to do with what it all adds up to, what it means here today--and seemingly, more and more, EVERY Game Day. On this team, each weeks "different players step-DOWN", as opposed to "stepping-UP" to raise our game.
Coaching, coaching, coaching.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now even Roper is clutching at straws. We're better enough than them to just MOVE 'EM BACK. Instead, well, Jesse Palmer just made the point well: Aw, never mind--Driskel just throws up anoth wounde duck, gets intercepeted and finally, completely "flips the field". Here comes the "official beginning of the end"--but it was gonna come, you could see AND feel it.

awebbf5

VIP Member
BENCH Driskel and Robinson both!!! Get rid of Chump to this is not Florida Gator Football. All you muschamp supporters this is what we are mediocre if you can even say were that!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Our offense just stinks!!
Yeah. Pretty well a given by now--but it still's gotta be said. What else CAN we say?
(On replay, looks like Robinson missed that one too--not all Driskel's fault this time--not a bad throw for someone who can't throw long. Meanwhile, it's our D that looks like a Chines Fire Drill out there every play--like they're panicking every play... And they give up the crucial play in the middle of the field.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Escambia94,
You know, E-? I too find myself micro-analyzing here, obviously, looking to understand WHY thingfs are going this way, whether there's anything that can be done, here, NOW, in-game to get us back on track. It LOOKS like we're just that WEE bit "off"--the crucial "wee bit" though.
But when I step back, I remember: This is who we are right now. THAT is exactly what has to change. Don't you agree. And how do you go about changing THAT? We're starting to slide into "don't lose don't lose don't lose" mode now, earlier each game--and even a young Tennessee team will take the control we should have long since grabbed for ourselves. They're at home, too. All they gotta do is execute, and they win.
Also this: I don't believe OUR team, this team, "believes" in itself anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema