• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Game Day: 10/04/14 At Vols

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
See, Taylor's the "quick/shifty guy", the one when you got the outside controlled...but losing Jones here was another "bad break"--and I hope to HELL that isn't some bad pun, either. Wanna see him back in there--or at least up and walking around. Too much time left still.
Let him throw it?

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Bad play calling... We need to push it with quick passes. I have a bad feeling about our defense stopping TN. Hope I'm wrong.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Guess they figured it was like a punt, worst case. Now make 'em drive field, hopefully can't--we win by 1???
NOT what instills faith or confidence in the Coach, but the big story would be Harris, of course. But the D now wins or loses it. An INT pretty well seals it now...

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
We can only hope there is some kind of second half adjustment.

Just to quote myself. Second half adjustment seems to be working. The key adjustment being Treon Harris.

Now the only thing that worries me is running backs getting injured.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is just NERVE wracking, after all...and he catches it for the 1st! DAMN it! So close to sealing it. Here we go again. And all they gotta do is get fairly close to win this, remember.
#rd and long again. C'mon D.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Just to quote myself. Second half adjustment seems to be working. The key adjustment being Treon Harris.

Now the only thing that worries me is running backs getting injured.
(laughing) OK, man, If THAT'
S the "adjustment", I give it to you!
Now, here's "4th and game"...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't believe it--we let that happen. But---INT!!!!!
Can you believe it?!!!
We get to run out the game!
Unreal.

Escambia94

(laughing) OK, man, If THAT'
S the "adjustment", I give it to you!
Now, here's "4th and game"...

What this tells us is one of two things:
  • The Gators respond better to Treon Harris for whatever reason, hence he is a locker room leader and on-field leader.
  • Treon Harris is every bit as good as the hype, and responds well to game pressure.
Now the question is what will happen if he is inserted as the starter, or if he regresses in practice and Driskel gets put back in as starter?

Escambia94

The Gators almost fumbled the victory formation! What the [INSERT EXPLETIVE HERE].

Worst victory/non-loss ever, but it is a W.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Muschamp still must be fired at the end of the year. He stills tried to defend Driskel. He makes poor choices time and time again. He's a drain on this program. He does not motivate players and brings down the offense. I'm happy for the win but this no way a job saver for this guy. Defense looked good though so that's a relief. I just truly believe Muschamp is not a good head coach. No question about it.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Wow I am so glad we pulled this off. Tennessee is my most hated rival. We looked like a totally different team with Treon in. I am not a big Muschamp fan but I love when he said you see all these people I am glad their disappointed, I have been in that garbage stadium and they are a horrible bunch of fans and have no class!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK: The story here is our D, PLUS Treon Harris, got it DONE. And the D never gets ITS shot , no matter how stout, without the Harris-story--
JD puts it on the ground on the bad snap-exchange...I WAS gonna say that putting JD in now was a BAD idea, that he was GONE now, no matter WHAT Muschamp tries to say to rewrite what happened here. I'm afraid it signals his intentions all around--I SAID earlier that he'd put JD back in even if we \won with Harris, but the way it actually happened I thought not even HE could rationalize that now, not if Roper wants it otherwise. (
Meanwhile, this mess goes back to being "lets find a way to lose this one after all" here. I'm telling y'all, I'm starting to see Muschamp as in fact a POOR GAME COACH. Damn near found REPEATED ways to lose this one.
And who thinks this game shows us ANYTHING good except MAYBE we can get the better QB in there, FINALLY...
(DO like what he says here on the field walking off, the START of it, anyway, "LOVE seeing all these people beingf disappointed..." But sounds very much in rest of his words as already beginning to explain him NOT staying with Harris as the starter now...) Sigh....All that, and we STILL get stuck with Driskel? Doesn't Muschamp see it now--his ONLY chance at staying here is to keep winning--and look a WHOLE lot better than that doing it against the Tennessees, Kentucky's, and so on...Beat LSU, Georgia and FSU however you can (we stunk up all over the field, INCLUDING the sidelines, in the Alabama game: Gotta convince us that was some sort of "anomaly"), but you can't keep playing so poorly everywhere, especially at QB, look so ill-prepared week-after-week for most of games (even against the younger, less-talented ones) and expect to keep your job.
It's as if his "formula for success" was that 2nd season here, 11-and-1 regular season but exposed in the "after season" run ("not so good" in the SEC Championship, "not so into it OR prepared" in the Bowl Game--we're seeing BOTH repeatedly, week-after-week almost every game since). No, man: The idea is to be good on BOTH sides of the ball, be able to win different ways, and ultimately , to WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS, NOT just "win enough". And he knows it. So WHAT GIVES? Where's all that "fight" and "pride" when it comes to your standards for this team? For your SELF?!!
Bottom line: You MUST make the change. No. You must STAY with the change. SO many reasons switching back would be the exact wrong move now. A stubborn chickensh*t move (starting to use that word a lot when talking about our Head Coach, I'm afraid--and that's probably about the last thing I'd have thought of him, even late as a few weeks ago). Has Muschamp himself just gotten to the blinders-on, hunkered-in closed-minded point that he figures he's doomed unless EVERYTHING he came in believing gets him enough to keep his job in ANY event? Talk about a "self-fulfilling prophecy"!, if so.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Actually UcheaT D-lineman illegally caused that fumble by going offsides and grabbing the center's arm.
Yeah, but DRISKEL shouldn't have BEEN in there--not unless you were figuring on him being BACK in there NEXT week, no matter WHAT happened today. I'm telling you. Not only did Treon Harris DESREVE that "Victory Formation" to finish it off, but if anything, he needs experience there too. And anyway, who EVER figures the one who was having trouble out there, who had to be yanked and who's been sitting on the sidelines more concerned with his disappointment, future, self-recriminations and so on and who-knows-what-else (he's young, and he's human--he was going thru a bad time over there, heavy head and heart) is the "more sure-handed guy" to finish it?
No, I'm not sure, but it's my fear and suspicion that Muschamp was starting the "Driskel's still my starter" campaign, right there--and it continued with his comments in answer to the post-game on-field interviewer's Qs regarding Harris--notably NOTHING excited or even positive about Treon Harris himself--who just won the GAME fdor him...Notice that?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, MSU has come further faster, from greater depths, than we, under the "NEXT GUY", would have to do. If it can be done there, it can be done HERE. In case anyone doubted it. We got that QB, turns out. If this Coach is too WHATEVER (choose adjectives) to recognize it, then his exit is all the quicker, all the more certain--and Treon doesn't get injured meanwhile, at least that's one way of looking at it. We got at least one more "pretty damn good one" we can redshirt waiting in the wings already too: Grier is still a bit of a gangly beanpole, needs physical as well as overall seasoning-at-this-level it seems before he'd bbe able to the things Treon has already PROVED he can do here--from the moment he got on the field, remember. Hope young Grier stays, doesn't do like others before--he's NOT near as far along in any way as Cam was (he SHOULD have been ahead of Brantley, not "even", obviously, but it was his OFF-field exploits that got him gone), or Brisset, who had lots of prep and every bit as much experience as JD. He CHOSE his move, prematurely, I say (he STILL should have stayed--I think he would have done well under Roper, this whole offense and Muschamp's chances here radically altered had he been here when JD went down last season). From what I've heard back-channel, and what we've seen from him on-field (contrasted with Treon, who got here relatively MUCH later, had just summer-practice to get "ready"--and look at how far he's come already, how READY he musta been in every way, most-importantly in his head and heart), Grier has all the tools, but needs time, experience, weight and strength and TOUGHENING in every way, has still to "catch up to the game" at this level, before he'll be ready to run Roper's offense. Tron's only gonna get better--and meanwhile he evidently has all the "uncoachables (see E-'s earlier comments above). Harris is already a "team leader". Did you see him on the sidelines , see how the TEAM, "his" offense rallied around him there AND (of course) on the field, in THEIR play? That's what gives me the biggest "lift" of all. That is the first time I've seen that, FELT that kind of "extra something" with and among QB-and-offense since, well, since #15--Sorry, NOT comparing them, but that IS what I saw.
Let's see: Comes in in his VERY 1st game, and immediately does things JD has NEVER done, does it TWICE IN A ROW, gives us back that quick-strike potential we've been lacking since Brantley, and Meyer's last, "I can't hack it" year here (with Addazio, "The Dive Master", in charge of the offense, of course, too). Then comes in in his SECOND shot, inserted 9 points behind to lead a previously SHUT-OUT offense to the 10 points need to win a game that was definitely slipping away until then.
Really hope Jones is OK. He also is really starting to come into his own--does it all. Can y'all imagine what Harris, Robinson (on a good day--which I still believe he'll have a lot more of, today's troubles notwithstanding), and a RB like Jones, spelled by 3 other real good ones who can do at least 2 things REALLY well (Jones looks to be the only one who does them ALL well right now--tho' Taylor has killer "upside", and will get better and better), together with a healthy, deep O-line and an imaginative OC might be able to do? I still think Roper has been hampered by certain realities, NOT free to choose his guy at QB at will ("Will" being the problem, ha ha, NOT funny) nor to open up his offense as far as he might if given free reign. I'd LIKE to think that, anyway--'cause otherwise, he's as blind as the Head Coach.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema