• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Game Day: 10/04/14 At Vols

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Personal foul on key play. Yep, so it goes. 4th and long and they go for it NOW?
Guess it's "Why not?" time.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I mean, it's like waiting for a train at a rusty-siding. Ain't coming.
Here's Muschamp on-field...What'd I tell you?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
History tells us that this was the worst half of Gator football since 1955.

You win, guys. Muschamp must go at the end of the season. We are setting too many new record lows in Gator history.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That business of Durkin being "overmatched (as per @Escambia94, )--it isn't just our offense that needs sp badly to be "adjusted" between halves here. Like last week, Like EVERY week since the SEC-schedule has begun, the DEFENSE needs to adjust in preparation for the adjustments THEIR offense is bound to make now: They can KILL us long, now, as the Tide saw, and DID, last week. Even KY managed it. Only their own defensive weaknesses gave Driskel and co. a chance to come back, given the opportunities--and remember what it took to win THAT one.
You think we'll be that lucky, that "good" (well, high-end of mediocre, eventually), and "get the calls" from the officials here at Neyland???

miltongator

Gator Fan

You win, guys. Muschamp must go at the end of the season. We are setting too many new record lows in Gator history.
That kind of win just doesn't feel good, but he was given plenty of chances....without a positive result.

Escambia94

My observations:
  • Driskel had was 10/18 for 48 whole yards for a 2.7 YPA average with 0 TDs and 1 INT. Out of his 18 attempts, I would rate him a C. Out of his 10 completion I would rate him a B. On his 8 rushing attempts for 33 yards I give him an A. The Gators can recover in the 2nd half if they pull a Leak/Tebow and insert Harris from time to time.
  • Jones gets an A for knocking out a UT defender, but a D in running. Same with Taylor.
  • The secondary gets an F. An F! An effing F! The only effing reason UT has not scored TDs on this secondary is that their offense is only marginally less sucky that Florida's!
  • Special teams gets a B. Come on, Kyle Christy. We need a hero, and you are all we have.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator

I "like" this post because it lets us know, lets ME know, that the STATS, empirical performance and history, agrees with what my mind and heart had somehow come to see, feel already: I just knew I hadn't seen this sort of Gator team, week after week, since the 1979 "0-10-and-one"-season...and I was AT that one, every single game, home AND (all except for one) away. I was a real fan, a traveling FOOL for my school, as an undergrad. So I had to not just endure that season, I LIVED it. Learned to have a good time, even (especially?) at games, in fact. Once you, everyone, stops expecting anything but mediocrity-at-best, the pressures off: Y'all can get drunk, get high, joke with each other, even with the opposition's supporters--we got better at putting our team down that ANYONE. We laughed, partied, chanted with Two-Bits and "partied ON, dude" (um, cultural reference, circa that era).
I just can't return, refuse to go "back", even if I could. Think of everything that's happened since. "The Sleeping Giant" has long since awakened and I resent ANYONE presiding over anything LIKE its return.
That is what I "was" some games back, was sure of by last week early, andwhy MUSCHAMP MUST GO.
Yes, it means a "tear down and rebuild" period--but done right, that means that meanwhile, HOPE at the very least returns. Sure, it's a gamble. Maybe we get it wrong. Still gotta try. THIS, this at best "mediocrity that might come around, show up actually pretty good now and then", THAT'S what we can't return to. We can't "roll over and go back to sleep". We can't let that happen. Hit the alarm!

Escambia94

That kind of win just doesn't feel good, but he was given plenty of chances....without a positive result.

Will Muschamp graded alone has done a pretty good job at cleaning up the program. Will Muschamp graded with his coaching staffs has done a crappy job. I just want to reiterate that for the 10,000th time, since I am effing tired of reading on every effing Gator forum that one man named Will Muschamp is responsible for the Gator football program. There is an entire coaching staff that needs to come together to make this program successful. Keep that in mind when we start putting together our lists of coaches to replace Will Muschamp. What head coach and coaching staff will fix this program?

Escambia94

Another thing to keep in mind is that Driskel was 10/18 passing in the first half with 5 drops! Imagine if the receiver had caught those 5 passes. That would put Driskel at 15/18 without any INTs. If I have to read another jerkwad complain about Driskel I am going to burn my couch. Even if Driskel had 4 of the 5 drops as catches it would have changed the first half.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, there it is. Driskel interception down deep. Horse-calr tackle-in-frustration gets 'em DEEPER.
"Critical Error"??? He never should have thrown that ball--not him, there,
And the Gators GET IT BACK! Hargeaves INT in the ENDZONE. We have got some REALLY good players who continue to savce Muschamp's ASS!

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Muschamp is truly an offensive curse. He's not a good motivator as we continue to see lact of coonsistency in our o-line, d-line, receivers, DB, guess it's easier to say our whole team including coaches. He needs to go. Let Roper intern. That's the least we can do for convincing him to step into this mess.

Escambia94

Muschamp is truly an offensive curse. He's not a good motivator as we continue to see lact of coonsistency in our o-line, d-line, receivers, DB, guess it's easier to say our whole team including coaches. He needs to go. Let Roper intern. That's the least we can do for convincing him to step into this mess.

Note that Nick Saban has been letting Lame Kitten handle the offense more and more with less of his involvement, and note the results. Both Muschamp and Roper have stated that Roper does not have a leash on the offense, but what they did not say is that Roper has unfettered permission to create an attacking offense.

I agree. If we have to keep Muschamp, I would hope we could promote Roper to co-HC of HCIW and bring in a Dan Quinn-like DC.

Escambia94

Don't have a clue who can fix the program, just know this group can't do it.

Only Dan Mullen and most of the coaches he brings from State can fix this, but as I stated earlier, Mullen has found a home in Starkville. Any other coach and staff would set us back a couple years. Then again, a step back from wherever we are now is not that far backwards.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Will Muschamp graded alone has done a pretty good job at cleaning up the program. Will Muschamp graded with his coaching staffs has done a crappy job. I just want to reiterate that for the 10,000th time, since I am effing tired of reading on every effing Gator forum that one man named Will Muschamp is responsible for the Gator football program. There is an entire coaching staff that needs to come together to make this program successful. Keep that in mind when we start putting together our lists of coaches to replace Will Muschamp. What head coach and coaching staff will fix this program?
Yes, he did that, "cleaned up the program", give him that--LIKED that all along...and we've talked about all that elsewhere recently, E-, how that has tpo go hand-in-hand with, well, you know. We'll talk more about this, but here, now, HEY:
I'd put Harris in NOW, but that ain't gonna happen. Roper couldn't if he wanted to. I'm tellin ya--Muschamp has made up his mind, it's me and Driskel, and either he succeeds, "or I'm gone in any event--I can't prepare a young QB for the next guy".
So we're stuck, and it all becomes a slow death, self-fulfilling failure. Can't, won't watch much longer. Just 'til the inevitable "dagger" plunges in for good.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema