• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 7: #17 Florida Gators vs #10 LSU Tigers

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Just give him some time, guys! Tyler has more freedom right now than he'll likely get again this season, just the situation. I have this feeling that if they gave him some time and he can pick up Burton or Patton breaking free, we'd get a quick score and at least put a scare into this ongoing La.-party.

miltongator

Gator Fan
I wonder who is to blame for this lack of O. Is it really Pease or is it Mussy holdin' him back. I guess the bottom line is that it falls to the head guy.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I wonder who is to blame for this lack of O. Is it really Pease or is it Mussy holdin' him back. I guess the bottom line is that it falls to the head guy.
As I sorta came out with earlier, I finally am thinking there's a kind of "disconnect", a lack of cohesion between two separate philosophies: Run it to shorten the game/rest and depend on our defense, and open up the running game VIA the passing game when they key on our RBs (bad punt, we got it back at mid-field--and if we could just mount ONE QUICK DRIVE, we could still make this interesting, after everything). And btw, out of apparent necessity, they've brought in Taylor and made him a part of this--and he looks good...DAMN! Beautiful Patton run wiped out by ANOTHER stupid penalty (holding right in front of the official, AFTER the runner had passed him). Penalties have killed us today--Without 'em, well, it's a different game...but then, we'd be a different TEAM--one that could more afford this "stop-start offense".

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I am torn between writing off Florida or acceding that a loss to an SEC West team is okay.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Can we just score a TD here, guys? I mean, let's all remember what it was like. Used to be rather common, did it 5 to 7 times a game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am torn between writing off Florida or acceding that a loss to an SEC West team is okay.
Don't DO it, man! All or nothing here--we get this done or we face our flaws and tear it down, then rebuild it as something better...OK, that's over-stating it, but I think we are SO close to having the parts, but it isn't being used correctly at all.
OK--we get a break here: NOW GET IT IN THERE, PRONTO!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh COME ON! (This announcer is almost always wrong, I notice). Pass it here, NOW--but no: Now they are gonna get stopped, and kick the 3pts u watch...and if they'd JUST given him a second longer, it'd have been a TD. So we've out-gained, out-possessioned, and above all OUT-PENALTIED them on our way to reversing last year's score.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If anything, this one may be even MORE frustrating than the Miami game...certainly more "fatal" to our season's goals. Not one damn TD. What does it take to get THROUGH to our Head Caoch? Y'all know I'm a big Muschamp-supporter, love most of what he's done here and the character of the team he's built--but this is just ridiculous. WhoEVER's "fault" this is, wherever responsibility (no let's use the right word for this kind of mess: "blame") for being short on skilled WRs AND any kind of imagination on offense, with little discipline nor proper plan apparent on the field, game in/game out (we're not just unable to score TDs, all too often we're not even trying for them!) Whether it's you, or the guy you turned that job over to, it's time for a BIG CHANGE, 'cause all that fine work by your excellent defense is going to waste. If nothing else, "Save Yourself, man!" Find someone who has some definite ideas about SCORING OFFENSE, nopt just "trying not to lose"-offense.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Only chance for a TD is a pick 6.
That describes our scoring potential every week, it seems. Horrible, let's face it. I saw this coming--and STILL find it kind of shocking to actually watch unfold: Just inept and devoid of any imagination or will-to-win. I mean, just look at this series--FINALLY Some balls, after it's just about slipped away...Now, just score a TD--I wanna remember what that feels like--and NOT after a long drive--GOTTA GET INSIDE OF ONE SCORE (oof--more silliness).

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Let's here Muschamps excuses on this loss. You know he'll have something to say, which he sees to repeat game after game; yet never fixes. I'm really starting to not like the direction of this program. No offensive creativity what so ever. When is he gonna learn running up the tackles along will not work??? So freaking pitiful. We have a collection of pansies , who seem to not be able to stay healthy for a complete game. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that Muschamp does not got what it takes. Ship him to Texas and let's go after Gruden.

miltongator

Gator Fan
Let's here Muschamps excuses on this loss. You know he'll have something to say, which he sees to repeat game after game; yet never fixes. I'm really starting to not like the direction of this program. No offensive creativity what so ever. When is he gonna learn running up the tackles along will not work??? So freaking pitiful. We have a collection of pansies , who seem to not be able to stay healthy for a complete game. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that Muschamp does not got what it takes. Ship him to Texas and let's go after Gruden.
I'll second that!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
'Nother badly timed, unforced penalty...How can they be thinkn ANYTHING but TD now? They have no chance without a TD NOW...(not that they really had a chance here anyway) Got it--but it's taking too long (but if they could just give him that kinda time, this would be a less-than-one-score already

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema