• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 7: #17 Florida Gators vs #10 LSU Tigers

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Poochie...Sad when that's our best play of the 2nd qrtr, certainly our best special team performance in weeks. Give Tyler credit for some athletic skills not every QB has.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Best play of the day is a dadgum quick kick.
Great minds, and all that...but we're still down 11 heading to the break--unless maybe THEY "pull a Gator"? (Oh man, what am I doing? Coining a phrase I NEVER want?!!)
And more homer signs--that clock kept goin', and goin'...

miltongator

Gator Fan
Hope we've got some big ole hosses comin' for the O line with the next class. The ones we've got just can't cut it.
That being the case you'd think our offensive guru would come up with some better play selection.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Maybe @DRU2012 is right about Pease. Bad play calling, except the quick kick.
I don't WANNA be "right", I swear...I keep waiting for him to prove me wrong--and I keep seeing flashes here and there that he could, THEY "could", and that's the most frustrating part of all here: I don't know why, but there's a seeming disconnect, a "push-pull" no coordinated balance between our "ball-control" aspects and "opening up the running opportunities with the pass" when they key on our "pat plays". There are too many of those "pat plays", too.

This muschamp offense is not made for big comebacks.
Like I said, we had to keep it to one score each, down 7-3 (Hey, whatta ya know--Chomp just said the same thing, walkin' off the field...Uh, that's not some brilliant insight or anything; Falls more in the category of "the sad truth", Will)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Halftime grades: QB - C. Hard to throw when the backfield is swimming with Bengal Tigers and #94 is swatting down the screen passes. RB - C. Just hit the hole and quit dancing behind the line of scrimmage. OL - D. Block somebody or the OL coach needs to stop the slow counters. WR - ? Not sure what to grade them. Defensive front - C. No push at all. LB - B. Secondary - D. All hype. ST - C. Overall - C. They look flat, like the Louisville game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Does anyone get the feeling this team, this day, is gonna come back against that one, in their place, here in the 2nd half? Now, if we run back the kick here, I'll scream and yell and happily, hypocritically jump back on the bandwagon (well, not quite that optimistically uncool--but yeah, something LIKE that, a quick, early score, might just change "the mojo"...take the crowd out of it etc long enough for Tyler to buckle down and get us an offensive drive-for-TD and the lead...mmmmmand then I'll eat this big pile of wings that m,agically appears before me, all different flavors, a case of Heinikens chilled to 37 degrees F, and---wha--??? Oh damn...Nice dream, too)

miltongator

Gator Fan
Does anyone get the feeling this team, this day, is gonna come back against that one, in their place, here in the 2nd half? Now, if we run back the kick here, I'll scream and yell and happily, hypocritically jump back on the bandwagon (well, not quite that optimistically uncool--but yeah, something LIKE that, a quick, early score, might just change "the mojo"...take the crowd out of it etc long enough for Tyler to buckle down and get us an offensive drive-for-TD and the lead...mmmmmand then I'll eat this big pile of wings that m,agically appears before me, all different flavors, a case of Heinikens chilled to 37 degrees F, and---wha--??? Oh damn...Nice dream, too)
It ain't happenin'

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Halftime grades: QB - C. Hard to throw when the backfield is swimming with Bengal Tigers and #94 is swatting down the screen passes. RB - C. Just hit the hole and quit dancing behind the line of scrimmage. OL - D. Block somebody or the OL coach needs to stop the slow counters. WR - ? Not sure what to grade them. Defensive front - C. No push at all. LB - B. Secondary - D. All hype. ST - C. Overall - C. They look flat, like the Louisville game.

Hope we've got some big ole hosses comin' for the O line with the next class. The ones we've got just can't cut it.
That being the case you'd think our offensive guru would come up with some better play selection.
@Escambia94,
I'm too close to it, AND too frustrated by this "worst case scenario" here, where all I feared (and yes, warned about the last few weeks--but as I say, I take no pleasure in it, WANTED to be wrong) has in fact come to pass so that we ARE "beating ourselves", to even consider grading that performance. Something tells me that all-in-all, yours is fair and pretty accurate, done dispassionately--But that way we "beat ourselves", as I say find new combinations of the same old ways to do that, this time with missed assignments and horribly timed (dumb and selfish) penalties on Defense to match our OC's inept play-calling (worst yet, btw), well, OK, I'll stop, already...
@miltongator,
Let's hope so--but the O-line was (again) supposed to be one of our strong points THIS season. OK. We obviously have/are in the process of losing a game we could have won, have already lost one we SHOULD have won. Now our main "goals and expectations" have been booted in those two losses, and here's that question again: If we don't suddenly pull it together and play to our true capabilities, executing a pan that so far has not shown any sign of existing, and therefore LOSE THIS GAME, "Do we now begin to turn our attention and priorities to what we are going to BE, and getting ready to be that NEXT season? " Of course, that leads to a whole bunch of follow-up questions and plans, starting with "Is this going to be our OC?", and things like "Maybe personnel isn't the ONLY factor in winning after all...Maybe how you use them can make a big difference." Hey, speaking of those last two questions, Taylor is out there, finally.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They should go for it here on 4th and one, no matter WHAT the announcers are saying...But Coach waffled, couldn't make up his mind. Oh man, now he's actually gettin' caught out there with his pants down, and that IS unusual.
It's funny, in a sad sorta way: Five-plus minutes remaining in the THIRD QUARTER, down 11 points, and we all feel this Gator team is in a "gettin' killed" situation, at least feels that way. Can't imagine what SS woulda made of this.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The way these Tiger guys are celebrating, they feel it too...DAMN, I'd like to shove this right back in their faces.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema