• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 7: #17 Florida Gators vs #10 LSU Tigers

awebbf5

VIP Member
Let's here Muschamps excuses on this loss. You know he'll have something to say, which he sees to repeat game after game; yet never fixes. I'm really starting to not like the direction of this program. No offensive creativity what so ever. When is he gonna learn running up the tackles along will not work??? So freaking pitiful. We have a collection of pansies , who seem to not be able to stay healthy for a complete game. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that Muschamp does not got what it takes. Ship him to Texas and let's go after Gruden.
Gruden wont go back to coaching, but I agree muschamp must go, Charlie strong would probably love to come back.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Let's here Muschamps excuses on this loss. You know he'll have something to say, which he sees to repeat game after game; yet never fixes. I'm really starting to not like the direction of this program. No offensive creativity what so ever. When is he gonna learn running up the tackles along will not work??? So freaking pitiful. We have a collection of pansies , who seem to not be able to stay healthy for a complete game. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that Muschamp does not got what it takes. Ship him to Texas and let's go after Gruden.
(ANOTHER one of those from Humphries...HORRIBLE, man--wtf??? Oh man, they just have no answer when it counts--and it's all on Humphries, who oh never mind...we SUCK!!!) I keep saying this again and again: These aren't long time pros; This ain't the second coming of Lombardi's Green Bay Packers--the more plays you run, the more chances for bad things to happen with these kids...more penalties, breakdowns, fumbles, etc.--and on a bad day it just keeps getting worse---Should have gone to the end zone ten plays back...I'm not where YOU are Ufgfan, but I AM getting sick of this failure both to see this inevitability, and going INTO such games with little real plan except to "control the clock and the ball". How many times does he have to see the dangers realized before he actually makes changes in how his team does things?

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Would welcome him with open arms. Muschamp is the reason our offense is so bland. He wants a "run down your throat" kinda of team, " blue collar" , yet it's clear we can not run up the middle consistently . I loved the hire at first but to hear him game after game make excuses and say we need to work on this in practice then see the performance on game day is is pitiful. No and I mean no improvement in our receivers is totally on the coaches. Bet spurrier can take our revivers and make them productive in one year but we have guys who have been here for three years and they ain't worth d$&ck. Muschamp is. Not a leader. He talks a good game but can not back it up. Horrible head coach.

awebbf5

VIP Member
We will never be on top ever again with the way muschamps play calling , I think he is a good d coordinator but not head coach. Honestly as much as I love my gators , losing next week might be the best thing to seal the deal for us to get a new leader.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--How 'BOUT it? Here's the question I'm posing to all of you for the week(s) ahead (for me, this season is now "preseason, 2014":
What are the changes YOU believe need to be made? Are these aimed at somehow "saving " this one, or aiming at the future and how we prepare for a Championship run NEXT year? ANY person, philosophy and/or approach is acceptable, fair game.

(Oh MAN, that went down badly--stuck in my throat and probably needs to come back up, right into the toilet where it belongs...a new low for this offense and its misuse of its personel AND the wasting of another great defensive effort, even WITH the penalties and mistakes (something like half attributable to ONE GUY, Roberson...Similar on offense, where Humphries just stank up the place, even among a number of fellow-under-achievers, and MAY have gotten our young fill-in/budding QB HURT there on our last play-from-scrimmage.)

miltongator

Gator Fan
If we had an offense and lost, at least it would be fun to watch. What we've got now is no fun at all....AND we lose.
There is no upside.

miltongator

Gator Fan
Sadly, there is no way they will make the needed change(at the top) because he has a built in excuse....lost the starting QB. So failing to get rid of the real problem leaves only to start playing for next year. We obviously need a mobile QB because we can't block anyone. Just throw it around every down until our receivers learn how to play.

awebbf5

VIP Member
My opinion to kill a snake you cut the head off. Muschamp must go, if anyone thinks we will be dominate like the Spurrier and Meyer era with him your crazy. Yeah having a great d is great but there will always be miscues and if another team scores and you can't at least match them your screwed. Football is all about offense in this day and age. Its time to start looking at who we can get to come in and turn this around. Like I said earlier if your fed up the best thing that could happen is to drop the next one against Missouri. #imfedup

miltongator

Gator Fan
My opinion to kill a snake you cut the head off. Muschamp must go, if anyone thinks we will be dominate like the Spurrier and Meyer era with him your crazy. Yeah having a great d is great but there will always be miscues and if another team scores and you can't at least match them your screwed. Football is all about offense in this day and age. Its time to start looking at who we can get to come in and turn this around. Like I said earlier if your fed up the best thing that could happen is to drop the next one against Missouri. #imfedup

I'm with you!!

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
What kills me is that I don't expect miracles. I'm realistic. I don't expect to go undefeated. I understand we are young and we now have a back up QB starting. But I expect to be in it get game. I expect that our offensive line man understand a freaking snap count. I expect that our defensive lineman to know when not to hit a QB . I expect at Florida we have a freakin kicker who can hit a 35 yard FG pretty consistently. I expect WR to know how to run the correct routes and the ones who have been here for 3 plus years to make strides. I expect our freaking coaches to correct mistakes and make improvements every game . In WM 3 years I see none of this. Other then our defense which forgets how to play defense when it comes to big games, Muschamp tenure at UF has been a bust. All I want is improvements game after game year after year yet it seems we only fall further behind the rest of the country. All I want f for our team to be competitive, to leave it all on the field both offensively and defensively. I have yet to see a complete game in three years of Muschamp rule. He is not a good motivator. Gonna be a tough year fellas. God bless beer, cause we gonna need it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I mean this: I am so put off by the whole approach/philosophy, such as it is (and it ain't much) on this team now that I have reached my limit of patience. It does NOT take any deep thinker or football guru to see that you couldn't do much worse with a TENTH of the talent that's already here, and if we ARE lacking both talent and depth at a number of the "skilled playmaker"-positions, well, where does THAT responsibility lie??? Just can't help but feel there are any number of young, energetic innovators out there who'd DROOL at the chance to work with our players, teach and send 'em out there to SCORE POINTS IN BUNCHES. This Head Coach , as I say, has put together and molded a SUPERB Defense, one that has depth and flexibility and will only get better and better under his oversight, and I love his energy and the no-nonsense, no "look-the-other-way" coddling that has made this a team of higher character. However, he has to see that SOMETHING is still wrong, several "somethings", even in the area of "discipline": Then there's that atrocious offense. So: He CAN'T handle, monitor and "fix" each and all of these areas. He already clearly is more personally involved in the Defense, along with being the main spokesperson and "Ultimate Authority" and final decision-maker for all the rest. If he wants to be here for the eventual realization of all he came here to accomplish, he MUST delegate: Get the right folks finally to handle and execute their expertise in these areas. No where is this more obvious than with the offense. So here's my direct plea, if I had the chance to talk to him this way:

"Please, Will: You can't win if you don't score. Obvious? Yeah, that's the point. Get yourself an OC who has the same kind of thorough attention-to-detail that you have on the other side of the ball, get together with him on recruiting issues, make sure y'all understand and like each other, can communicate when things are hot and crazy mid-game, then LET HIM DO HIS JOB. He'll make you look GOOD, make you the next "Genius" out there. Imagine what'd it be like for your D to have at least 28 to 35 pts out there to work with, every week. On the other hand, stubbornly 'stay-the-course' and you'll find yourself seeing someone else finishing off your half-finished 'project' here at UF, and reaping all the rewards and benefits that 'woulda/shoulda/coulda' been yours."

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sadly, there is no way they will make the needed change(at the top) because he has a built in excuse....lost the starting QB. So failing to get rid of the real problem leaves only to start playing for next year. We obviously need a mobile QB because we can't block anyone. Just throw it around every down until our receivers learn how to play.
You have a point...I was thinking much the same thing...add in the games we'll go on to win with our defense, and talk of "how CLOSE we came in those losses" (never mind how frustrating, inept and in truth unnecessary if only we HAD an offense--not to mention "no fun" to even watch, win OR lose, as @miltongator, put it), and you just know nothing short of a full on collapse will force change...and it shouldn't have to COME to that: I keep thinking Muschamp will take a page/lesson from his one time mentor, Mack Brown at UT, and realize he HAS to cut loose his OC here if he wants to survive himself. I just can't understand why the offense's complete and repeated failures in crucial games is itself not cause for such a change. Makes me wonder: Would he have kept Weis of the Fat Man hadn't jumped on his own to Kansas? Or is it that this IS all on Will, he knows it, and if anything LIKES that his OC does what he's told to do even when it makes HIM look bad? Fact is, we just don't know--but at a certain point, it won't matter, "it" keeps happening and finally the whole regime is out. I simply dread us having to go through all that repeated disappointment and frustration, above all all that TIME, before the necessary changes are made. It's all such a waste, seems to me: His defense and the way he fronts and leads the overall program and its image I think is mainly first rate; With a compatibly efficient and even moderately exciting offense, we'd all be happy winners, and no one'd be hollering for his head.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gruden wont go back to coaching, but I agree muschamp must go, Charlie strong would probably love to come back.
Strong's another defensive guy--and I have NO complaint about the defense Chomp's built here, OR with the overall way he's handled himself and his treatment of the program and his young charges, our image as a team that he fronts/leads--but if he can't or won't learn and evolve how and what he oversees taking place on the offensive side of things, which he came IN granting was NOT his area of expertise, and gave the very strong impression that his approach there was to get someone who had compatible ideas of what that offense should be about, spoke about us "getting a whole lot tougher all around, and be the best Conditioned team in the 4th quarter" (all of which you've gotta say has come to pass under his leadership), and otherwise let that OC "handle and run" that offense as promised, then he either fires and replaces that guy when it ISN'T getting done (and it ain't, obviously), or finds himself on the hotseat when he (in what seems a fit of mulish stubbornness) won't make that change. We can't help but get the idea after a while that maybe it IS "his way" that the OC is carrying out, or at least they are close enough in their thinking that he won't bring in someone else whom he'll be expected to surrender ANY kind of control to. Given the inept results against competent rivals in big games, that kind of tight-lipped, stone-walling refusal not only to change but to answer for the failures in any kind of detail begins more and more to look like putting pride ahead of victory--which, in addition to being baffling to us "dummies" who were here long before him and will still be here well after he's gone no matter HOW it all turns out, is frankly downright stupid.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(Now, I don't really care to go to that "Who shall we go after?" stuff at this point, when it'll realistically mean setting us back at LEAST a year, more likely 2 or 3, over where we can be if Muschamp stays, and (depending on what is truly going on behind-the-scenes) either turning our OC loose or getting a new one, and begin doing everything from here on out with the frame-of-reference being "preparing for our run to the 1st 4-team playoff in 2014", but I suppose we all have someone in mind that if there WAS a "wishlist", they'd be our choice. First name that occurs to me, maybe only one that might fit far as I can see, is Gruden's--but he's had and turned down any number of plum job offers; Why would he choose US at this point? However, his grasp of the college game, his ability I think to relate to and deal with these young-barely-men and their respect for him and his pro-connections and experiences, and his overall perspective and flexibility, his media savvy coupled with (maybe most important of all) his sense of humor, might well be a winning combo at UF)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I will be okay if the Gators smash Mizzou. They kept LSU under 20 points, so there is hope. The offense looked better with designed roll-outs and the offensive line moving laterally. Do more of that and the offense should thrive within the Pease constraint.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I will be okay if the Gators smash Mizzou. They kept LSU under 20 points, so there is hope. The offense looked better with designed roll-outs and the offensive line moving laterally. Do more of that and the offense should thrive within the Pease constraint.
Well this is truly interesting:
On a now-established line between the two opposing positions, the "we were still close, we can salvage something" position well-articulated here by Escambia94, and the multiple versions of "Fire Muschamp and sweep the whole group of coaches responsible for that offensive offense OUT of here", I actually fall somewhere between the two: I gave my conditional reservations and reasons for sticking with the Head Coach for now above, but I'm far from in any WAY seeing any kind of path to a "satisfying season" from here either, at this point. I wanna see us begin using the rest of this season to begin getting ready for and building TOWARDS the 2014 one, as I warned would be our remaining salvageable goal for this one, if/when our still-not-ready-for-primetime offense (and that's actually a relatively kind and gentle way of describing it: In its present form/attitude/underlying philosophy it'll never BE "ready", for anything but failure and mediocrity) began/continued to cost us games like this one against LSU.

miltongator

Gator Fan
Mizzou just smashed Georgia, so don't hold your breath. Still.....I love to see Georgia lose.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema