• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 2: Florida Gators vs Miami Hurricanes

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, either something happens FAST, some big play that turns this thing, or we got the ol' "deat by a thousand cuts"--and I can't watch that. Either we get back in this thing BEFORE the half, or I'm not gonna stick AROUND to "see if we can do it after the break". I know, not exactly "loyal fan" stuff--but I hurt too much watching this...We SHOULD have the lead by now, THINK about it: We've been dominating on TOP since that last big Miami TD--but we just fart around too much. GO for it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, they're obviously NOT gonna do this MY way...gonna TRY to grind their way back into this. Don't think it'll work, even if they DO make this one (yeah, they did--barely)...TOO. MANY. PLAYS. Completes to Patton--but had Dunbar deep. JD is gunshy.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We're driving it again, and I know I'm belaboring this, but THESE ARE KIDS. Get 'em to the endzone and off the field, Chomp! This is NOT the '60 Packers!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Look, I KNOW what Muschampo is trying to do, what he's saying to his team here: We are going back to what we DO. But that's my point: What's so great about THAT, at least today? And anything wrong with "flexibility"?
(Then again, Pease has YET to impress me with a gameplan.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, here we are again...Can we get it IN this time? Hey, I got an idea: Throw it to the endzone! Oh, big surprise...another crucial penalty. More room for the fade?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm tellin' ya--this works against RUNNING it in, but there IS more room for a med-pass. Show us something, MR. OC!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Our guy didn't even go for it. This won't be reversed. We will lose, guys. THREE TIMES DOWN THERE--and NOTHIN'!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@miltongator, @awebbf5, @totenkopf13, @Dale J. Rodriguez, @mjfan23, @Ga8or22, @Escambia94,
This is even worse than the Cocktail Party. We are just stinkin' up the place. Not sayin' ANYTHING y'all don't see for yerselves. This WAS "our game", clearly--and we have done everything to give it away.
If we had an offense that could "score in bunches", this would still be doable--but as it is, , well, I gotta ask everyone here...We have our choice of players, and real talent all over the field (better than theirs, easily), but this offense can't get it together and get it DONE--JD is now officially a ":bust", in MY book, but at a certain point, IT'S on the coaching, too--which starts at our OC...so here's my question (yeah, "finally..."):
At what point do we consider PEASE a bust, too?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
It is taking all my strength to hold back some emotion here.
  • Offensive line - C. They are not doing well on pushing the pile. They get some credit when pulling traps, stunts, and counters.
  • Quarterback - C. He is still hesitant unless he is running the zone read.
  • Running backs - D. If Matt Jones is not 100%, then they need to be creative in getting him action.
  • Wide Receivers - B. They are getting open.
  • Defensive front - C. Crap.
  • Linebackers - B. That running back is killing us, but they are adjusting well considering the poor push from the DT and DEs.
  • Secondary - C. Crap. Need turnovers and better coverage.

miltongator

Gator Fan
@miltongator, @awebbf5, @totenkopf13, @Dale J. Rodriguez, @mjfan23, @Ga8or22, @Escambia94,
This is even worse than the Cocktail Party. We are just stinkin' up the place. Not sayin' ANYTHING y'all don't see for yerselves. This WAS "our game", clearly--and we have done everything to give it away.
If we had an offense that could "score in bunches", this would still be doable--but as it is, , well, I gotta ask everyone here...We have our choice of players, and real talent all over the field (better than theirs, easily), but this offense can't get it together and get it DONE--JD is now officially a ":bust", in MY book, but at a certain point, IT'S on the coaching, too--which starts at our OC...so here's my question (yeah, "finally..."):
At what point do we consider PEASE a bust, too?

I think they are BOTH a bust. Unreal to me that this is the best QB we are capable of putting on the field. Pease may know that JD can't handle it, but, he needs to let him go out and make or break. If it's break, then turn it over to the next guy. Too much $$$ involved for that to happen.
Need a wide open OC like the old days of Gator football. At least that would be fun.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
There is only one way out of this basically ruining our season from practically the start, and that's for Driskel to come out with a mandate to throw it around the field--he does, the D shows up, and we blow them off the field.
This isn't just about this game: It's about this TEAM, and the whole season ahead. I just wonder if our head coach can step outside merely the usual "This Game" mentality and SEE the big picture here. Hope so--but don't know how much I can watch of more floundering. I'm still here, but I'll be ready to flee soon.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I think they are BOTH a bust. Unreal to me that this is the best QB we are capable of putting on the field. Pease may know that JD can't handle it, but, he needs to let him go out and make or break. If it's break, then turn it over to the next guy. Too much $$$ involved for that to happen.
Need a wide open OC like the old days of Gator football. At least that would be fun.
Like the old days of BOISE STATE football, for God's sake! Can't ALL be Muschamp holding him back.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We gotta stop 'em here, get it back QUICK and score. PERIOD. Anything else is slow death. I won't watch it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema