• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 2: Florida Gators vs Miami Hurricanes

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
It is taking all my strength to hold back some emotion here. Here are my grades for the first half.
  • Offensive line - C. They are not doing well on pushing the pile. They get some credit when pulling traps, stunts, and counters.
  • Quarterback - C. He is still hesitant unless he is running the zone read.
  • Running backs - D. If Matt Jones is not 100%, then they need to be creative in getting him action.
  • Wide Receivers - B. They are getting open.
  • Defensive front - C. Crap.
  • Linebackers - B. That running back is killing us, but they are adjusting well considering the poor push from the DT and DEs.
  • Secondary - C. Crap. Need turnovers and better coverage.

After calming down a bit (an entire case or two of beer will do that), I decided to evaluate the second half and overall game:

Second half:
  • Offensive line - C. Same as the first half.
  • Quarterback - F. I am quickly losing patience with this guy, even though he had the best day of his career in terms of statistics.
  • Running backs - B. The running game got better out of the Dana Holgersen Diamond Formation and some edge runs.
  • Wide Receivers - B for everyone but Burton. Sorry, Trey. Fumbling the ball away puts you in my dog house. You get a D for the second half.
  • Defensive front - B. It got better in the second half. I guess.
  • Linebackers - B. It got better, but I hesitate to raise their grade to an A.
  • Secondary - B. They got better in the second half, but not good enough. Maybe we just expect miracles from these guys.
Overall:
  • Head coach: D. I expected the head coach to prepare his team better than this.
  • Offensive coordinator: F. WTF Addazzio? Okay, so Pease is slightly more creative than Addazzio, but he is more fucking stubborn!
  • Defensive coordinator: D. WTH happened to strength, conditioning, and second-half adjustments?
  • The other coaches: pass. We have a great coaching staff, but the coaches need to spend more time preparing players and less time making crap-tastic PhotoShop pictures on Instagram and Twitter.
  • Jeff Driskel: D. I have run out of excuses. Lucky for you none of the other QBs on the team are D1 caliber. If I were king, I would put the Gators in a zone read offense. This does not mean we would not throw downfield--it just means we would throw downfield out of a zone read.
  • Matt Jones: A for effort, but a B. Get back to the gym, dude.
  • Trey Burton: A, up until the fumble, then a D. There is no excuse for a fumble.
  • Everyone who committed a buzzkill penalty: **** you! Enough with the stupid penalties! If you want to get a penalty, it had better be one for being too mean and nasty to the opponent.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I didn't see the game but saw the highlights and the box score and thinking how in thee heck did they allow the UM receiver wide open for that 52 yard TD bomb, Seriously? Driskel needs to cut down on the turnovers especially in the red zone. Minus the turnovers, he actually had a good game going 22-33 for 291 yards but you can be 25 of 28 and still have a bad game if you have two or turnovers and lose. Also why did Muschomp, go for two after the first touchdown IN THE FIRST QUARTER? THAT'S BEING DESPARTE. Also they needed more balance after rushing it 44 times for 2.8 yards a carry (not good). Game balls to Solomon Patton who rolled in like his name was well Patton (also the same name of a famous WWII US General). Also true freshman Vernon Hargreaves III getting his second interception in as many games. I hope he starts soon.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
  • Defensive coordinator: D. WTH happened to strength, conditioning, and second-half adjustments?
  • Jeff Driskel: D. I have run out of excuses. Lucky for you none of the other QBs on the team are D1 caliber. If I were king, I would put the Gators in a zone read offense. This does not mean we would not throw downfield--it just means we would throw downfield out of a zone read.

I thought our Defense was lights out in the 2nd half, if not for their performance, then Miami could have hung another 14 points on us with no problem. 1st half is where we needed our tough D.

I don't get why we keep trying to turn Jeff into a pocket passer, he is not comfortable there. If you look at his H.S. film, he was never known to sit in the pocket. Not sure who is missing the bus on this.

Although Muschamp is head coach, I expect Brent Pease to be in somewhat of a hot seat.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I thought our Defense was lights out in the 2nd half, if not for their performance, then Miami could have hung another 14 points on us with no problem. 1st half is where we needed our tough D.

I don't get why we keep trying to turn Jeff into a pocket passer, he is not comfortable there. If you look at his H.S. film, he was never known to sit in the pocket. Not sure who is missing the bus on this.

Although Muschamp is head coach, I expect Brent Pease to be in somewhat of a hot seat.
I wanted to give the D credit for limiting the Cane offense in the second half, but I saw how easily they were beat in the red zone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema