• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 2: Florida Gators vs Miami Hurricanes

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
I wouldn't blame JD.

If you look at the playcalling, it's sapped the confidence out of Jeff the ENTIRE GAME.

this is bullshit, we have NO EXCUSE for our offensive playcalling in the 2nd half.

awebbf5

VIP Member
There's the loss. Didn't want to say anything but there's been a rumour that some high ups want strong as our coach , and I'm not the type to say fire the coach, but I'm entertaining the thought.

mjfan23

VIP Member
^ Im not buying your argument...

Has it been great? No... But at the end of the day if the players execute we are fine regardless.

JD cant play at this level. Hes proven that.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
What kills me, and it's just my opinion, they don't put JD in enough pass plays to get this kid ready to make consistent pass plays. We ran the ball way too much last year and he doesn't have good pocket presence. He rushes passes. Granted two big fumbles killed us as we'll.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh, this was really pitiful...I can't get over how badly this was called, AND how badly Driskel played. We had this game, but made EVERY mistake we could. This is a hard one to swallow. Five turnovers--2 interceptions inside the redzone by the QB--on the road, hostile crowd, over-hyped Gator-team, I could go on...and on and on and...Aw HELL, we all saw THAT comin'....See y'all NEXT week, guys, when we open up SEC play and hope there are some changes made. Trouble is, they ARE still "playin' for the SEC-title", so so I can't SEE Muschamp making the BIG changes that can get us started for NEXT year's success. I am serious: I'd start building what we NEED-to-be-now (as this team continues to dilly dally around--then runs it into the middle: They've given UP--sad--now 2 quick plays and we score--just too late now, that's all--WHERE WERE THESE PLAYS ABOUT TEN MINUTES AGO???!!!)
...With only one TO left, GOTTA onside kick now--STILL don't think we can score another one quick, even if we got it, but it's our only hope now)

jamestoney84

Gator Fan
What kills me, and it's just my opinion, they don't put JD in enough pass plays to get this kid ready to make consistent pass plays. We ran the ball way too much last year and he doesn't have good pocket presence. He rushes passes. Granted two big fumbles killed us as we'll.

I think JD had enough chances. He just can't perform under pressure well and doesn't have what it takes at this level.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
There's the loss. Didn't want to say anything but there's been a rumour that some high ups want strong as our coach , and I'm not the type to say fire the coach, but I'm entertaining the thought.
No, Muschamp's the guy--that's not good thinking, canning Chomp--but it IS how certain alcohol-sodden-brained boosters with too much time on their hands THINK, it's true. Foley won't do it.
However, it IS time to start discussing PEASE's tenure here, I believe. He's NOT calling good games, he DOESN'T have his team ready to play, and he ISN'T "doing the most with his personel"...(Can't BELIEVE we are getting the ball back here, at least--BLOCK???)

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
guys, please look at the bigger picture than just blaming our QB, even though I do agree he has HUGE flaws.

if you looks at the playcalling, none of it favored building a momentum for our offense and most importantly our QB. especially the plays that call for the play to develp BEHIND the LOS. we need to play like we're behind in the QB position.

i really hope we start thinking big picture, what has Brent Pease done to elevate our offense?

^answer that and I'll agree that our issues are more at QB than OC

awebbf5

VIP Member

Has it been great? No... But at the end of the day if the players execute we are fine regardless.

Idc

mjfan23

VIP Member
He cant be a D1 QB... thats a JOKE.

UF had no chance of winning with that time, but that shows me everything I need to kno. Completely embarassing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema