• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread Week 7: Florida Gators vs LSU Tigers 10/15/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Agreed. The interception would have given the Gators an opportunity to score and maintain momentum for 5 minutes. Still, this is not a good football team.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I WANT him to be...but THIS was painful.
I just DON'T LIKE this team, to be honest.
That is my bottom line "GESTALT" of what we see out there, week in/week out:
I do not like WATCHING THIS TEAM PLAY.
Even when we WIN, it is somewhat excruciating to watch...like "slow death".
But tonight was just horrible.
I mean it: I cannot WATCH this ongoing torture any longer. I MUST see more than theoretical "signs of POSSIBLE improvement".
It is time NOW for bold moves--and do NOT "wait til NEXT year"!!!
We couldn't beat THIS team? I don't care to be around for the various beat downs ahead--the inevitable pride-shattering, rub-your-face-in-KAKA surrender to Georgia, the gloating disaster coming around Thanksgiving at Doak--and whatever humiliations are in store BETWEEN those two.
I guess I didn't realize how truly BAD we were and ARE. AND I really DID want to believe in our new Coach.
I don't know now that ANYONE could "FIX" the complete WRECK our program had descended to by the end of 2021--so I cannot SAY if we were fooling ourselves to think this was ANY COACH'S potential "fixer upper"...
But my question hangs,out there, resonating:
CAN BILLY DO IT? CAN ANYONE??!
And if not Billy, then WHO?
FOR NOW, HE'S ALL WE GOT.
What do we look for from here to at least BEGIN
picking up the pieces and beginning to assemble something whole, promising and REAL that we can believe in, watch it grow and improve steadily in the years ahead? We can't help but take whatever words are spilled from here as "small consolation" at the very most.

Personally, what I need right now more than anything is honest, open and frank assessment, a no bs, no-holds-barred analysis of what is to be DONE from here. Where are we headed, what do we DO--and how long will it likely take to GET there?
No more "big talk"; no more "smoke and mirrors".
I am so sick of all that. Stake out a path and FOLLOW IT, DAMNIT!

Escambia94

I WANT him to be...but THIS was painful.
I just DON'T LIKE this team, to be honest.
That is my bottom line "GESTALT" of what we see out there, week in/week out:
I do not like WATCHING THIS TEAM PLAY.
Even when we WIN, it is somewhat excruciating to watch...like "slow death".
But tonight was just horrible.
I mean it: I cannot WAT H this ongoing torture any longer. I MUST see more than theoretical "signs of POSSIBLE improvement".
It is time NOW for bold moves--and do NOT "wait til NEXT year"!!!
We couldn't beat THIS team? I don't care to be around for the various beat downs ahead--the inevitable pride-shattering, rub-your-face-in-KAKA surrender to Georgia, the gloating disaster coming around Thanksgiving at Doak--and whatever humiliations are in store BETWEEN those two.
I guess I didn't realize how truly BAD we were and ARE. AND I really DID want to believe in our new Coach.
I don't know now that ANYONE could "FIX" the complete WRECK our program had descended to by the end of 2021--so I cannot SAY if we were fooling ourselves to think this was ANY COACH'S potential "fixer upper"...
But my question hangs,out there, resonating?
CAN BILLY DO IT? CAN ANYONE??!
And if not Billy, then WHO?
FOR NOW, HE'S ALL WE GOT.
What do we look fo from here to at least BEGIN
picking up the pieces and beginning to assemble something whole, promising and REAL that we can believe in, watch it grow and improve steadily in the years ahead? We can't help but take whatever words are spilled from here as "small consolation" at the very most.

Personally, what I need right now more than anything is honest, open and frank assessment, a no bs, no-holds-barred analysis of what is to be DONE from here. Where are we headed, what do we DO--and how long will it likely take to GET there?
No more "big talk"; no more "smoke and mirrors".
I am so sick of all that. Stake out a path and FOLLOW IT, DAMNIT!
What can they do? They cannot trade for new players. They cannot force freshmen to play better. This is the team. 65 athletes recruited by Mullen. 20 recruited by Napier.

Escambia94

Remember that correlation does not equal causality. Since the Gators started the “Won’t Back Down” tradition we have gone 25-9 at home with a 1-3 record vs. LSU. The issue is not the song, but the coach who quit in the middle of the season (Mullen) and the new guy still trying to figure out how to fix a decade’s worth of damage.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah. Penalties are still a problem.
Yeah--but fact remains that there is ridiculous amount of variability in these no-getting-AWAY-from-it "SUBJECTIVE" CALLS...and they are in the process some will say of "RUINING THE GAME"--exactly as they have already long since "ruined" the PRO GAME.
It seems that somehow an EQUIPMENT-BASED solution would be the proper and superior, non-invasive way to solve this--to take subjective "judgment" out of the equation (and possibly eliminate the hint of bias or even CORRUPTION from the equation!).
No one SAYS it, but we all KNOW that is the "dangerous line" out there, waiting to be crossed and hurled about!
Blame? On Purpose? Permanent Damage? Cumulative Damage? It goes on and on--a real thicket of thorns! And who is to say "when" or "if" something WAS ANY OF THAT??!
But even with better equipment, you'll NEVER eliminate ALL RISK! The history of improved equipment perfectly parallels the corresponding development of wildly more proficient and risk-extending play. It all gets more difficult and exciting to play and improve upon. The game and play THEMSELVES evolve, GET BETTER.
I don't have the answer--but I think a conscious CHOICE needs to be made--between how the rules are to be drawn and enforced, on the one hand, and in the mean time of what the limits will be of standard equipment and protection.
For now, the "gray area" is messing with The Game!.
But all this leaves us far afield from our original "basic problem":
"WTF is with our sad and sinking further Gators?"
I have been up, down around and THROUGH every part of it, and I am beyond a thoughtful, manageable solution.
I want to see our COACH, Billy Napier and his extensive staff move to grapple with these questions. Do you HAVE a plan, Coach? Make some MOVES, BEGIN the much vaunted, much promised "FIX and Rebuild"--and I for one vote for it to begin NOW, rather than somehow "later", after the season..All those prospective recruits at our game tonight in Gainesville, at The Swamp, plus all the prospective new entrants to the transfer portal with the latest firings, four more just in the SOUTH last few days...
Lots of work, lots of young men looking for direction, opportunities among the various programs themselves in transition now.
I don't know...Perhaps we put too MUCH unfair pressure in the way of progress, growth and maturity on people who are essentially still just YOJNG MEN, TRYING TO GROW UP, in many cases suddenly faced with the biggest decisions,of their lives, their FAMILIES even suddenly depending on them for elevating ALL THEIR FORTUNES...Maybe we should be giving them help and guidance in learning to navigate these very same complex life paths, goals and choices. After all, there ARE "sharks" out there looking to prey on the newly successful.
There is no END to the potential pitfalls, when you stop to consider all this.
Just saying. There has GOT to be a better, wiser, FAIRER way of helping these young people in this next phase of their lives , here at the institution we all share.
But for now, let's just try and return to building and fielding a successful FOOTBALL TEAM here at University of Florida in the weeks, months and years ahead!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What can they do? They cannot trade for new players. They cannot force freshmen to play better. This is the team. 65 athletes recruited by Mullen. 20 recruited by Napier.
Remember that correlation does not equal causality. Since the Gators started the “Won’t Back Down” tradition we have gone 25-9 at home with a 1-3 record vs. LSU. The issue is not the song, but the coach who quit in the middle of the season (Mullen) and the new guy still trying to figure out how to fix a decade’s worth of damage.
OK. But I guess that brings us to one of those "defining moments":
There was your "general dismissive disgust" DURING the game, concluding repeatedly with the summation: "This is not a very good team."
...and the various subsequent conclusions that at least implied that this all goes back to the Coach and staff...was that just your temporary "frustration of the moment", or what? Either way, I understand--having walked pretty well the same path myself by and during the 2nd half here tonight. In which case, it is now time to sharpen and sum up the actual concluding thoughts as to how you see it, and how,you REALLY see and feel about our Coach, staff and program presently as we turn to the end of the 2022 season, where we are, how far we've come and whether we are on "the right path" to our preferred and hoped-for possible FUTURE now.
I am truly interested in your honest and true analysis, your actual FEELINGS about who and where we are under Billy Napier--above all how you regard his leadership and where wenow appear to be headed in his hands, under his guidance and plans.
Unlike any such reflections from contributors at other sites, I truly am interested in YOUR views in this regard, @Escambia94, ...I get a pretty good idea of such things from ALL the relatively FEW regular contributors here at GE, but after today's game, our performance AND specifically your particular range of clear statements regarding this team and some moments in PARTICULAR, I find myself craving CLEAR and specific qualification as to "how you REALLY feel", you GET me?
So here's a chance for me to ask you STRAIGHT UP: BOTTOM LINE: "How do you REALLY feel?"

Escambia94

How do I feel about Billy Napier? I think he is the right guy for the job. Hypothetically if we grabbed Brian Kelly instead of Napier, maybe we would go 7-5 or 8-4 this year instead of going 6-6 or 7-5 under Napier, but in 5 years the difference will be that Napier is still improving as a coach with 10-win seasons and Kelly is getting old and washed up with 8-win seasons.

How do I feel about the Gator football program? This program still is not Napier’s—it is a hybrid of Mullen’s and Napier’s. This is why we give coaches three years. The class restrictions limit coaches to about 25 of “their” recruits. Napier only signed about 20, so 65 of these players sucked so much they got their coach fired. This time next year it will be 50/50. In 2024 there will only be 20 or so of Mullen’s loser recruits. In 2025 there are no more excuses—there will only be a couple super seniors wasting scholarships.

When will the Gators look good again? Who knows? Maybe 2024? We still have not seen the ugly side of coaching transitions, but we are about to see it. 2023 recruit Creed Whittemore just withdrew his commitment, probably because of frustration watching his brother wasting space on the 2022 roster. More de-commitments will come as the losses mount and it becomes apparent that some of these players and recruits just suck by Gator standards.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
How do I feel about Billy Napier? I think he is the right guy for the job. Hypothetically if we grabbed Brian Kelly instead of Napier, maybe we would go 7-5 or 8-4 this year instead of going 6-6 or 7-5 under Napier, but in 5 years the difference will be that Napier is still improving as a coach with 10-win seasons and Kelly is getting old and washed up with 8-win seasons.

How do I feel about the Gator football program? This program still is not Napier’s—it is a hybrid of Mullen’s and Napier’s. This is why we give coaches three years. The class restrictions limit coaches to about 25 of “their” recruits. Napier only signed about 20, so 65 of these players sucked so much they got their coach fired. This time next year it will be 50/50. In 2024 there will only be 20 or so of Mullen’s loser recruits. In 2025 there are no more excuses—there will only be a couple super seniors wasting scholarships.

When will the Gators look good again? Who knows? Maybe 2024? We still have not seen the ugly side of coaching transitions, but we are about to see it. 2023 recruit Creed Whittemore just withdrew his commitment, probably because of frustration watching his brother wasting space on the 2022 roster. More de-commitments will come as the losses mount and it becomes apparent that some of these players and recruits just suck by Gator standards.
So you are saying (among other things) that although you support and believe in Napier, things are gonna get worse before they get better. That not even the hopeful signs of dramatic turnaround/upward mobility in our recruiting status, a lot of these commits won't actually COME to UF. I don't entirely understand what you are saying there in general--somehow we are doomed to extended mediocrity by the mistakes already long-since made by Billy's predecessors? I suppose I grasp the basics there, but somehow I'm missing the intricate details, I guess...Are you saying that we need to pay attention to somehow grabbing a coule/few more wins to in turn "limit de-commitments"?
So we can't AFFORD to "turn to NEXT SEASON" yet? I am desperate to understand, to at least feel hope and optimism for the future again.
I sure hope the time frame you are talking about turns out to be in fact shorter than what you project--I doubt Coaches at programs like ours will be GIVEN that kind of time for anything less than near-Elite-level success anymore, for one thing. He'll need double-digit wins by 2024, I think: All the more reason to begin working towards NEXT season NOW, in my view.
I don't see us winning much more than 2 games the rest of the way no matter what we do from here; I am not including FSU among those "wins", as things stand now...We are currently losing to teams less-talented than us. I suppose the question before us now is, "Can we get to at least that "better than .500 mark" while doing the things we must do to begin our moves for NEXT season, and beyond?
There is where this season's "success" lies: In getting to the extended/"post"-season from here, with all the additional high-profile practice and recruiting advantage that offers, and meanwhile be doing whatever is required to ready ourselves for NEXT year.

Escambia94

Yes. The UGA game will be ugly. I am genuinely concerned that the score will be 55-0. A loss like that will send the Gator Nation into civil war on social media. Recruits will de-commit. Players will enter the transfer portal. Twitter will blow up. Rivals will mock us. Yeah. It will get worse. We have the #131 out of 131 3rd down defense, #128 total defense. Georgia is going to leg hump this defense all day.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yes. The UGA game will be ugly. I am genuinely concerned that the score will be 55-0. A loss like that will send the Gator Nation into civil war on social media. Recruits will de-commit. Players will enter the transfer portal. Twitter will blow up. Rivals will mock us. Yeah. It will get worse. We have the #131 out of 131 3rd down defense, #128 total defense. Georgia is going to leg hump this defense all day.
Look, the "short version" of how I feel about what you are saying is this:
I AGREE COMPLETELY about our having made the MUCH better choice among Kelley and Napier...I'd much prefer at least 10 (or even more) seasons with Billy, leading, learning and growing with an ever stronger future Gator Football Program than a few years of limited improvement and success with a tired old past-his-prime Tom (Chortle!) Sorry, BRIAN Kelley.
But if things go that far out-of-whack in the Cocktail Party, with the kinds of far-reaching effects you predict, do you really think that the extensive fallout won't affect Billy and the time he has here? I read what you say and I become less and LESS optimistic for Billy's chances here, I'm sad to say. Between the direct fallout, and subsequent indirect negatives that will multiply as they affect seasons-to-come, well, it begins to add up to "the Law of Diminishing Returns", know what I mean?
Billy & Co. will have to come up with some way to mitigate all the numbers that predict a disastrous collapse in two weeks in Jacksonville. I don't know how--but you make a strong case:
If he wants room and time to do the things he came here to do, this is one of those times a hot young Coach will somehow have to "pull a rabbit from out of a hat"! He doesn't have to find a win there, but by everything you so well describe, the whole program needs a decent showing, must somehow hold its own that day.
They have two weeks. But they are not without talent. So here is where raw SMARTS can play their part. It is a dangerous moment, but in that same respect it is an OPPORTUNITY.
I wish we were not facing it, that we could simply relax and "do our best", then go on from there.
But you have made your point, and made it well.
There's little chance a terrible drubbing, no matter how clearly everyone sees it coming, will be easily forgotten or ignored.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(I just don't KNOW which is the tougher obstacle to surmount:
AVOIDING the big Georgia beat-down, OR
coming BACK from it, once it has occurred.
But theoretically at least, we still have a CHANCE at the former...
SO:
Can Billy, his staff and TEAM, find a WAY??!)
It may comprise the last, and now most important question of the season.
And, strangely enough, in this one unique case, requires NOT necessarily a "win" but a minimally "a spirited and competently mounted, disciplined EFFORT!".
The kind of fore-ordained COLLAPSE we all sense and fear is coming in Jacksonville might well presage an early end to this "experiment" after all. It wouldn't be "right" or "fair"--but it wouldn't be the first such self-imolation either.
I am truly afraid that we are standing on the precipice of longterm Gator descent into another GENERATION of bumbling irrelevance.
So many wish it upon us to begin with.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It is Monday morning, and (mostly inadvertently) I just read through the whole above " Game Day Thread" for Week 7...and am struck by how RIGHT I was in my "foreshadowed feelings" coming INTO this game--yet somehow it all (mine and others' views and "feelings") went subtly "astray" in the course of the actual game, as it played out I think.
The fundamental underlying concerns we all had WERE mainly borne out, however:
The defense let us down, and we lost the game. This is having and will clearly continue to have inescapable, ever-widening (however indirect) unfortunate effects on this season and future development of our football team and program.

Escambia94

I am not sure how I can say this any more plainly:

1. This team is not very good.
2. This team is not going to wake up better.
3. 65 of these athletes sucked so badly that they went 6-7 their head coach was fired.
4. Sprinkling magic fairy dust and new coaching does not make those 65 players better.
5. All 25 of Napier's recruits have seen playing time except injured players QB Jack Miller and TE Hayden Hansen.
6. The best performers on the team are Napier's recruits: O'Cyrus Torrence, Trevor Etienne, Montrell Johnson, Ricky Pearsall, Kamryn Waites.
7. The most aggravating performers are Mullen's best recruits: Brenton Cox, Trey Dean, Anthony Richardson, Justin Shorter.
8. Mullen's best recruits with the best performance under Napier are RCB Jason Marshall, WR-X Xzavier Henderson, OL Richard Gouraige, and TE Keon Zipperer. Those are also the only blue chip players with ratings above 0.9500 remaining. The others are in the NFL (Kaiir Elam) or have transferred (Jacob Copeland, Ty'Ron Hopper, Emory Jones, Mahmoud Diabate).
9. What remains is not very good.
10. Even if Napier signs all the recruits on his 2023 board, there will still be more Mullen recruits than Napier recruits in 2023.
11. The balance of Mullen and Napier recruits does not reach equilibrium until 2024.
12. Why are we crying over crappy athletes in 2022 and possibly 2023? This is not a very good team in 2022. It was not good in 2021. Most of Mullen's best recruits from 2021 and before are gone.
13. This team is not very good.
14. This team is not going to wake up better. There is nothing for Billy Napier to "find a way" with in 2022.
15. It will only get worse the longer we hold onto some illusion that a magical fairy will sprinkle dust on this team and make them better. The reality is that the team is going to get worse against Georgia and they will have to choose how to respond to getting their teeth kicked in. This team has shown that once they get their teeth kicked in they go into a shell, suck even worse in the next week, cry on social media, threaten to enter the transfer portal, and decline until one of the younger players works his way into the rotation to replace him.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Escambia94,
YIKES! That's a bleak appraisal...
I mean, based on results alone (whether in play or in stats), there's little to be argued with about "the present"...
But it is the stark outlook for the foreseeable future that so depresses, no matter HOW you slice it.
I must therefore ask:
"KNOWING" all that, is there NOTHING to be done? Billy presumably "knows the score"--knew it when he got here, when he took the job...
And he DID "take the job"--basically CHOSE it from more than one plum positions and deals that had been or were going to be offered over the last year, and more to come.
So what am I missing? What are YOU not including in YOUR appraisal, E--?
Are you saying he made a big mistake, a massive misjudgment in coming here?
Or, from your perspective, after all you say,
IS THERE A WAY??!
By "A WAY" I mean, "a way forward...from all this darkness and continued decline to some roll-our-sleeves-up turnaround that takes us steadily, relentlessly back into THE LIGHT".
And can this somehow happen in timely enough, hopeful and reassuring enough fashion that this regime is GIVEN the necessary time and opportunity to bring in the "moving parts", fit them all together and whip the whole thing into SHAPE?
Otherwise, well, is it already time to write us off for another GENERATION???
Yes. "We just aren't very good"--for all the reasons and in all the ways that you have said.
In fact, in many inarguable, nonetheless demonstrable ways, WE SUCK, at times have stunk up OUR OWN PLACE--THE SWAMP ON TOM PETTY DAY, for crying out loud!--I must tell you: There were moments, whole STRETCHES of Saturday's LSU-game when for the first time since my freshman year (when we went "0-10-and 1"!!!) that I again found myself thinking:
"...Most of these Gator PLAYERS care less, FEEL less connection to this place, the school, town, fellow students and fans than ANYONE who had come to cheer them on!"
If we couldn't come together in pride and solidarity, win or lose, in that place on that day...if even a Coach like Billy Napier couldn't touch enough of something in enough of his team's sense of why they came to University of Florida in the first place, with a close game on the line against LSU on TOM PETTY DAY in the SWAMP, then WHO the F*** ARE WE and what chance do we have of fixing this mess, no matter what is done or how much time we have to DO it??!
Maybe it is time for something truly EXTREME.
Some kind of "ORGANIZATIONAL ENEMA".
I have no idea what form that might take...
YOU have seen and assessed the dire bog we are mired in, E--...You didn't shy away; you simply called it as you saw it.
SO: One more step.
"WHERE TO FROM HERE ?"

Last edited:

Escambia94

It is not bleak, it is realistic. I see posts all over the Internet that make it sound as if Napier can shout at these players and make them better. That is not the case. We FIRED the last coach because he brought shitty athletes to this shitty fanbase. We do not deserve better players until as a fanbase we grow up and face the reality that the Gator program has sucked ever since Urban Meyer faked his heart attack in 2009. To make matter worse, Meyer is partly responsible for the Gator program losing recruiting battles to the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, and FSU.

Realistically, our non-shitty athletes are injured. Jaydon Hill is going to get picked on because his knee is not 100% healed, but even at 75% healthy he is better than any other jerkwad we stick at CB. Ventrell Miller is going to get run over because he is the best linebacker that Mullen's staff could grab, and he is garbage. Brenton Cox was such a fucking loser that Georgia cast him away. He would be a stud if he would remember gap discipline--he is too fucking slow to hit the QB on every play. Now that these assholes are paid I no longer have to treat them like kids. Those fuckers need to act like paid athletes. I am not paying a red cent to the Gator Collective until those assholes act like playing football is their fucking job. They all suck at it, and our team sucks because of it. Patrick Toney can draw up the perfect defensive play, but if numbnuts negates a great interception by acting like a fucking child and dry-humping the opposing QB after tackling him, that is on Gervon Dexter, not on Patrick Toney. Dexter is a bum who will make it into the NFL, but not as a quality athlete.

Where do we go from here? We wait for these fuckers to leave the fucking team and take their trash with them. I do not want to see another Mullen recruit on the field in 2024, except maybe a couple. The rest of those assholes need to transfer away or declare for the draft, not get signed, and find jobs at the local carwash.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Escambia94,
HA! (As I recover from my extended outright BELLY-LAUGHING...)
Well, when you can somehow produce hard truth AND laughter in an apparent "overdue rant", you are accomplishing something. Thanks. I MEAN it.
Now. As to your "response to MY response" that led off the above, I still say,
"Realistic--but still bleak..."
However, in case I have somehow repeatedly "buried the lead"...I also return to the main question I have by now repeatedly posed:
I ACCEPT (albeit with a certain heaviness) all your well-backed/well-mounted arguments describing the sticky mass of deep doo-doo we have cultivated and gotten ourselves completely marooned among over the years...I agree that Billy is the guy who can get us OUT of it, eventually back in the thick of Elite teams annually fighting for a Championship...BUT:
WILL HE STILL GET THE CHANCE?
Because you're right: Too large a part of our fan-base, in their own way paralleling the attitudes of a large portion of our current players, are selfish, ignorant and short-sighted TO THE MAX!
I LAUGH when I see those calls pleading for our participation in "THE GATOR COLLECTIVE"!
My explicit, conscious response: "I'll contribute to Y'ALL maybe when I get any sign that YOU are ready to GIVE OF YOURSELVES, in commitment ALONE, to this team, program and school to which you supposedly belong!"
How do we turn all THAT around, short of just giving Billy the time, trust and yes, FAITH in his plan and his commitment TO it?
Otherwise, the best we'll EVER have, the best ANY of these other "also-ran" programs will ever achieve is short periods of relatively "flash-in-the-pan" 10-win seasons--Hell, with a 12-team playoff it might even mean a place among those, at the very least in the discussion...for the Coach a big contract extension before eventual disenchantment and buyout a few years down the road--no Championship but oh well, set-for-LIFE!
And for the fans, well, we see the pattern: all too often, in blinkered narrow reactionary ignorance they somehow choose a temporary "upward blip" of season-record-improvement over the otherwise painful sacrifice and seeming setbacks required to build a proper foundation for eventual "true forward progress"--the kind that THIS Coach has discussed, aimed at, and explicitly made the underlying "talking point" for everything he does and has done since getting here.
After all the crap, late-Meyer down through Mullen, I just long for something new, a chance at SOMETHING REAL--and I believe that in Napier we have at the very least glimpsed a CHANCE AT ALL THAT.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(AGAIN: Aside from my repeated, ongoing desire to have a few related questions answered, I have little to add, doubt anyone can TOP @Escambia94, 's
searing rant above...As I say, I'd ALSO love some feedback as to whether his POINTS will actually be addressed--and beyond THAT whether our Coach will be given the time and opportunity to actually address the very things E-- rips open for all to see and finally face.)

Escambia94

Napier will be given at least 4 years. Mullen was given 4 years and would have been given 5 if numbnuts did not try so hard to get into the coach’s hot seat.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Napier will be given at least 4 years. Mullen was given 4 years and would have been given 5 if numbnuts did not try so hard to get into the coach’s hot seat.

Very funny.
All too true.
But he's gone now--and the rest of us are waking up to finally realize the truth, to see what a complete mess he managed to make of a situation that was already a wreck when he GOT here.
"OH MY!!!"
(Anyone for a round of "Two Bits!"?)

(...and by the way:
As for the more serious preface above,
I sure hope you are right about Billy somehow being assured "at least 4 years"...
I figure that's the LEAST it will take to get us to the point where the team's progress will warrant minimal "HOPE". That MIGHT get us through the unavoidable pain, the inevitable "Sturm und Drung" (German for "Dumster Fire") ahead that I anticipate is unavoidable from here.
"Hey, baby:"
"There ain't no easy way out..."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member