• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread Week 7: Florida Gators vs LSU Tigers 10/15/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The Gators are not very good at football.

Attachments

• 77FF3920-1DEC-46E6-9A68-A3D8780EABBA.jpeg
    77FF3920-1DEC-46E6-9A68-A3D8780EABBA.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 75

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The Gators are not very good at football.
I guess that about says it.
But how is it that every team is able to break it open on 3rd and long? What does that say about Toney's defensive coaching?
And how is it that the LSU offense in PARTICULAR is able to expose the TALENTED members of our D??!
This is what concerns me most. This is at the heart of my frustration and disappointment with our whole defensive team and SCHEME!
That is why I find myself now recommending we shut down any plans for THIS season, and rather begin planning and making whatever moves and changes we make with NEXT SEASON AND BEYOND in mind. I'M not so sure we can even MAKE it to six wins now. The D is that bad (though with Richardson and our various skill-players we do always have that "puncher's chance" at wins...we MIGHT still win even here, and/or elsewhere along the way.)
No matter what, though--we CANNOT let any isolated, "out-lying wins" somehow distract us, convince anyone in a decision-making position that we are anything but a poor and mainly BROKEN "bad defensive squad", still in need of extensive help, change, rebuilding and restructuring.
Sometimes, "WON'T BACK DOWN" means not backing down to FACING REALITY--Standing up to shoulder responsibility--and all the massive work ahead. THAT IS OUR CHALLENGE.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've been a Gator for over 50 years and I can't remember a Florida defense this bad. I can't figure it out. Coaching? Players?
Yes--I too have reached a similar conclusion.
A lot of us here have, I suspect.
This ineptitude on 3rd downs is just one more glaring symptom.
And, as I say, the fact that THIS opponent is managing to do so at the expense of some of our few truly TALENTED defensive players would seem to indicate that it ISN'T just a talent problem but a COACHING failure.
Billy CAN'T be like his predecessor and keep a guy in place just because of loyalty and friendship. Even if he feels it isn't "ALL" or "JUST" the defensive Coach, he might at least bring in some HELP, a fresh mind to rebuild on that side of things.
I can't watch this disappointing MESS.

Last edited:

Escambia94

By popular request here is some Q&A about your Florida Gators!

Question: Why does every team convert 3rd and long against the Gators?
Answer: The Gators are not a good football team.

Question: Why does every QB look like a Heisman candidate against this defense?

Question: Why does Anthony Richardson have such a shitty passer rating?

Question: Why does Billy Napier run a high school offense?

Question: Why does this defense look like the Todd Grantham defense?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They have let themselves, their fans and everyone ELSE down with THIS fading, lackluster performance down the stretch.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Do y'all think it is starting to LOOK like Billy Napier wasn't quite READY for this far a step UP to SEC-LEVEL play?
My friend, a big Longhorn fan, pointed out early in thus one that to him, "More and more Napief reminds him of Harmon's promising arrival, then quick decline with the UT program--that he somehow wasn't quite ready for this level-of-play yet after all.
I didn't necessarily agree with this assessment--but that was back in the 1st quarter of tonight's game. Am I a shallow, easily-convinced fair-weather fan, that just hours later I am starting to think he may be onto something after all??!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Meanwhile...I'm not watching--but friends are cling and texting messages about "your boys are coming BACK!"
We will see--if and when someone tells me they are tying it up, I will rejoin y'all here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I just saw that stupid call on the INT.
Now college is getting as bad as the pros.
How is that a roughing penalty...it's FOOTBALL.
But that was the game right there...and then we went back to NOT stopping them.
But make no mistake...we just have WAY too many flaws--on BOTH sides of the ball.
Can Billy make all the required changes?
Is he THE GUY after all?

Escambia94

Ball game. Gators drop to 4-3 (1-3).

Attachments

• 0B84DC58-A6C2-4796-ADE5-0431AD6BD433.jpeg
    0B84DC58-A6C2-4796-ADE5-0431AD6BD433.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.