• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread Week 7: Florida Gators vs LSU Tigers 10/15/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Fuck! Sorry--but there goes the 3rd down breakdown again.
KILLING us.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here it is again...I don't BELIEVE it. ANOTHER blown 3RD down play--AND it looks like we lost Birney there too.
I apologize: This Gator defense is a consistent heartbreaker: They bend, and then they BREAK.
Until we get a proper, "attack-defense", this team will be a consistent disappointment, and not worthy of our confidence.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This will be another close one, no matter what.
I just do not enjoy watching a team that regularly, reliably sinks in the face of whatever positives the offense hands them.
Now that offense must not only score again, but do it with more of the running game--in order to allow the DEFENSE to REST.
And it is clear to ME that it will take a coupla turnovers to give us an opportunity to actually end up with a win here.
Sigh...Can these kids not "rise to the occasion" on "TOM PETTY DAY" in the Swamp, for crying out loud??!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Alright!!
Well, the offense ishealrhy: Did EXACTKY what they needed to do...ran it down their THROATS!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
But here comes our "can't stop a rolling marble"-defense. Either they toughen up--RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW--or I SWEAR I won't WATCH them anymore this season.
I am so frustrated by this THING they have by now pretty well established as their "pattern of play"--ie.Play big time offense, only to wilt pathetically on D--I am ready to pack it in for the balance of our schedule--go and putter around the yard WITH MAYBE The WRUF broadcast on to listen to. But thus same shot just keeps on happening...If we can't pull away with our Offense basically having its WAY with their defense, I just don't know what to offer.
Like I say, it has seemingly solidified into an inescapable pattern: slowing them down, getting them to 3rd goes. Then unfailingly giving up the key yardage on 3rd down.
Billy has GOT to know what a disaster this "can't stop 'em defense is.
3rd an 8 again, in the red zone...
Of course. They make the first down inside our 5.
We can't win ANYTHING with this defense.
It's a disgrace.
Another "olay!" non-tackle for an easy TD.
I am hating this.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So much for "RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW"...
IF we somehow end up on top of the scoreboard later tonight (which I am NOT expecting at this point, by the way), it will be entirely due to AR and the offense, obviously...but I just don't believe this Gator NON-defense is capable of even doing enough to offset a great night by Anthony and the offense. Ther defense is starting to assert itself, well-reated as it is--while we are likely gassed...and now we have to punt.
Unless the D somehow "wakes up"...
GATOR BALL on the muff!
Big turnover--just what we needed!
This is the ONLY way that our bad D can be offset.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yes. TD. That undoes a LOT of bad D.
IF it counts. A WHOLE lot.
Counts.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am afraid that for the rest of THIS season anyway, it will ONLY be the offense PLUS something-other-than-DEFENSE (ie. special teams and/or turnovers) that will bring us any wins.
I have ZERO faith in this defense.
Big fat ZIP.
Worst Gator D in memory now.
No exaggeration.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What is there to say? THIS has become a big fat sore. Get used to it, my friends.
We just cannot stop ANYONE.
AND we have enough talent to do better than THIS.
SO: Toney must be at least "reevaluated"...for this defensive squad is a complete mess. It "shouldn't" BE this bad, seems like. Teams are finding ways to even make our TALENTED defensive players look bad!
We are tied--despite driving the field 2 out of the 3 times we had a whole field in front of us (and only that few because our D let THEM drive lengthy fields themselves), AND getting that big turnover.
Now AR starting to lose a bit of accuracy.
We'll need a decent play or two just to run out the clock here and go in tied.
Uh oh. Poor protection, now gotta punt.
Unless we can get another turnover somehow, gonna go in BEHIND.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Um, I am going to shut up now.
We cannot stop them, and I think they pull away from US from here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Like I said.
See ya, guys.
(We got a LOT of work, a whole Lotta CHANGES still to make. Billy has some huge decisions to make; might as well start NEXT season NOW.)
I would love to see us come back here (It's TP Day, after all...What better time to "NOT Back Down"???)...But that might only obscure what must be done for the sake of the future.
We just cannot win with this defense.
It is that simple.
And if you didn't see it before tonight, the WORLD must see it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema