• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Gameday 11/01/14 (Sour) Cocktail Party

miltongator

Gator Fan
The play calling on the last possession is driving me crazy. And, Taylor running parallel to the line of scrimmage doesn't help.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
There's over 10 minutes left...We COULD still lose this game, and I find it just really lame, more of that spineless idiocy "trying not to lose" even when you've dominated the other team, that we don't even get to "enjoy the big lead", watch our guys "bring it home" in the 4th, but have to weather/suffer through what is sure to be a LOOONNNNG better-part-of-the-4th-quarter trying "not-to-lose". To me, even an eventual win achieved under those circumstances reflects poorly on y=this staff, most of all on the philosophy and "style" of our Head Coach. We get to see if our guys can "hang on", for wjat will begin to feel like "forever" unless smeone on our D gets ahold of a pick and runs it back. That's our one hope here; otherwise, this will be an excrutiating end-game, even if we DO finally come out on top.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We LOSE this, and you fire Muschamp Monday, no excuse/no explanation necessary.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Anyone in the Gator stands happily celebrating is either drunk, stoned or STUPID...and our D gets ANOTHER key bust at a key moment. We are about to be down either one score, or (at worst, for Georgia, a TD and FG behind with PLENTY of time left.
We are on our heels. How does a decent D keep blowing things this way???

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Prediction: UGA will be playing for, driving for the WIN in this one by late in the game...

(Later--Going back over the whole game and thread later, a lot of things were happening in here, then turned in our favor ultimately...Easy to forget how easy and how CLOSE this was to coming to pass, as we went into a "prevent victory" gam,e on BOTH sides of the ball with over 10 minutes left...Sure glad I got this one wrong, though, no matter HOW it ended up happening!)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, UGA could blow it, too...they haven't exactly dazzled ME today, right? But we give up the long pass.
WE won't be able to crank it up again on offense, probably won't even try...we are just playing to HANG ON now.
Well, at least this stuffs any talk of letting Muschamp off-the-hook after all.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Still too much time left. We CAN'T keep running 3-and-outs, kicking and letting them drive. I'm telling you, even with just 3 points here, they have a pretty good shot at driving for a tie late. But they're going for it...
NO!!! (Saves our asses, that defender ripping the ball out--cause they HAD the play).
Well, now: If our offense could drive for a coupla firsts NOW, that's just about do it. May be too much to ask, though. Neither Muschamp NOR Roper seems top have ever grasped the idea of "stepping on their necks", scoring as often as you can when you have 'em backing up, making mistakes. The very fact that this was still in question THIS late, after getting up 31-7 in the 4th quarter, says it all. UGA ain't that good--we are just that BAD.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK. That SHOULD do it, that Jones run...
But Taylor puts the exclamation point after all--all the way!
Muschamp finally beats his alma mater.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
The thread title should be change to sweet cocktail party because FLORIDA WON!!!!!!!!!!! GO CRAZY FOLKS (well not too crazy don't get arrest and dont' get too hammered).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Never sweated out a 38-13 Gator victory in the 4th quarter like that. This team is STILL truly bad. Talented but poorly coached, obviously.
But Muschamp needs to finally learn from his own stats:

Held that big Missouri offense to just over 160 yards, loses big; "holds" UGA's to over-450 yds, and wins "going away".
Oh--and not letting Treon throw won't work that well again. In fact, you dare us to throw: and you're basically "daring" the COACHES and their game-plan, not Treon--which may be even safer, if the coaches actually make that their consistent way of doing things the rest of the way. Anyone have much confidence that these Coaches WON'T try to do just that, shackle the young QB with a prehistoric O-plan next time, too?

When I step back, just look at the whole history of it all, I still "LIKE" Will Muschamp, wish it were different--but this is about who our Head Coach, Coach of the Florida Gators needs to be. I absolutely cannot accept that we can't do better, a LOT better, than what he has managed here. I'm truly sorry his 9 yr old son had to be there in the Swamp last week to hear them chant "Fire Muschamp" the last few minutes of that game, had to ask his dad "Why are they yelling that?"--but he of all people knows, it goes with the territory--and I LIKE the fact that he DOES "get" that.
Which doesn't CHANGE a thing. He's just GOT to go. If the economic realities say he doesn't quit, makes Foley fire him so he collects on his contract until HE finds something else, so be it--that's FOLEY'S job, goes with HIS territory. At this point, don't feel ANY of the main people on Muschamp's staff have done much better, have all generally let HIM down too, and deserve the axe right along with him.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The thread title should be change to sweet cocktail party because FLORIDA WON!!!!!!!!!!! GO CRAZY FOLKS (well not too crazy don't get arrest and dont' get too hammered).
Well, maybe--but somehow, it just AIN'T that "sweet".
Guess after watching us practically "win in spite of ourselves", can't exactly gloat--especially when happiness and relief can so quickly turn folks thoughts to "well, maybe he's not so bad"...That's exactly what had me with so many mixed feelings coming INTO this one.
You AND mg are right about "Enjoying it" though, lf--you know my reservations about it all by now though.
I'm hoping we can just enjoy the win for its own sake, keep it in perspective and neither dwell on nor forget the failures, disappointment and frustration that has a Gator team that HAS so much talent and potential still fighting for "BOWL eligibility" with a "hit'n'miss" defense and the 94th-ranked offense in the nation, this late in the Fall? This is our first, possibly ONLY "Big Win" in a long time, too late to be called any kind of "Signature Win" either.
We still have the same problems, a huge decision and an even HUGER job for whomever we choose to bring us back where we need to be.
I'm sorry to be the one to bring that up now, in our first real "post-big-game-GLOW" in awhile--but we can't let that get lost here.
(Hey--the announcer on Goal Line, in talking about the "Gator blowout of Georgia" just said, in reference to our Head Coach's plight, "How important is THAT score to Gus Malzahn's fate and future?!!"...He MEANT "Will Muschamp", of course, but as inadvertent "mis-speaks" go, THAT one may well have had a certain sub-conscious significance. Think it was just a confused slip-up, or maybe he had certain OTHER thoughts and discussions on his mind at the time?)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The Gators may have won, but the Gator Nation should still be concerned. What is Florida going to do? Run the wishbone the rest of the season?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema