• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Gameday 11/01/14 (Sour) Cocktail Party

If Auburn beats UGA, and we beat SC and Vandy we will be in Atlanta...........

My Question is this, let's say We go to ATL and actually when an SEC champsionship.

Does Muschamp stay?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
If Auburn beats UGA, and we beat SC and Vandy we will be in Atlanta...........

My Question is this, let's say We go to ATL and actually when an SEC champsionship.

Does Muschamp stay?

Missouri also gets three chances to get prove it belongs in Atlanta: @ Texas A&M, @ Tennessee and home against Arkansas. Should Florida beat USCe and Vanderbilt and go 5-3 in the conference, Missouri is 4-1 now with a tiebreaker over Florida. Missouri has to go 0-3 in SEC matches this month in order for Florida to play in Atlanta.

Muschamp *probably* needed to get Florida to Atlanta in order to guarantee his job. My speculation is that the way he keeps his job is to win the next two SEC games (not easy), does not pull a Georgia Southern against Eastern Kentucky (this better be a curb stomping win that energizes boosters and fans alike), and recruits ten 4* and 5* athletes by 1 December. He is probably only allowed to lose to FSU.

Escambia94

Won't happen. I think he's already been told that he's gone.

Most of the smart speculation is that Missouri did him in. The Georgia game buys an opportunity to win back some recruits, but how many recruits are going to choose UF is FSU rapes the Gators on the football field as if they were female students. FSU is going to beat us like a pregnant girlfriend! Apparently the recruits like this freedom to be wild and stupid and will choose the football program with lose morals over the school that has a clean football program.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Won't happen. I think he's already been told that he's gone.
There DOES seem to be a certain "lightness", relatively speaking, to the Coach's bearing and attitude of late (too bad it hasn't reached his gonads--his OR Roper's finally FREEING that QB and offense)...I wonder if he wasn't referring to something more than just beating UGA in his first comment when he got under the camera lights and behind the microphones on Saturday night post-game: "First, lemme remove this giant weight from here..." and he pantomimes lifting something from his neck and back. You may well be right that HE "knows" he's gone, regardless, or at least has every reason not to sweat it anymore.
Of course I really HOPE it's a "done deal"--but unless and until (for Foley and the boosters) the "right next-guy" (or at least a very few top-flight alternatives) is identified and believed realistically doable, and (for us) we actually HEAR about it, I can't help suspect that ANYTHING, including even inaction/no decision at all for now, is possible.
Really does seem like change MUST come there, and soon, if only to limit the deepening damage not just to the present but to our future--that alone has to be a major consideration to the-powers-that-be. You saw the empty seats on our side of the stadium yesterday, too--for The Party on a Halloween Weekend! Far from the ONLY reason, but dollars-and-cents factors are staring them in the face, the meter starting to spin like the one on a taxicab ramping up to lightspeed. But we do have that huge endowment, room to "let it ride" if that is somehow reasoned to be "the right and smart move". Again, that saying of my Dad's comes back to me: "A camel is a horse designed by a committee."

miltongator

Gator Fan
If we somehow manage a bowl game, maybe we'll play Marshall. Their staff could just walk across the field after the game.

Escambia94

First thing everyone needs to understand is that Foley never had any intention of firing a coach mid-season, at least not publicly.

Second is that Muschamp has already failed his primary objectives and will only be retained if Foley is out of alternatives.

Third is that Foley has been rumored to be sending out feelers for a replacement, just as he did in 2004. That is phase 1. That is the part that drew some embarrassment in 2004, because Foley could have been accused of improper contact with sitting coaches if he had gone further. The successful part of his 2004 campaign is that he was able to get Meyer's attention indirectly through Bernie Machen. This kind of relationship does not exist in 2014 unless the plan is to grab 0-7 coach David Archer by contacting new UF president, Kent Fuchs.

Fourth is that there are no home run coaches on the market today, but there are decent hires that could be an improvement over Muschamp given time. See this thread for updates on potential candidates.

Escambia94

Closing out this thread...
tapatalk_1415275981078.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema