• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Gameday 11/01/14 (Sour) Cocktail Party

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Jones fresh, starting to roll. You know, one more drive-for-TD and we can start to actually take control of a game. Yikes. Not sure I can handle that--unfamiliar territory.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Lousy call--saved by their Offsides...IF ONLY THEY WOULD LET TREON THROW.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I wouldn't put Debose in that offense for ANYTHING. And thatr was a dumb-ass call anyway, Roper.
Why can't we THROW it?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Man, just call it and RUN it, whatever you do. Yeah, poorly run, unimaginative offense...and if not for that delay-of-game, we score on that Jones run....Oh well, 3 pts (more in keeping the with the way our redzone series usually go...I'm telling ya, I am starting to want Roper out of here almost as badly as Muschamp: Those two don't have one testicle BETWEEN 'em!)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Say one thing for at least driving and getting SOMETHING: Our D is rested for a change,; we get to the 4th like this, and it'll be all on a fairly rested secondary....Aw HELL--big run...FUMBLE! They are calling him DOWN? BULLshit!!! !! They better review this one--look, it's there on the replay, it was OUT! This is the big play in the game, right here, this ruling...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This shouldn't even be a question--replay official HAS the replay evidence.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
C'mon, guys--THIS IS IT. Give yourselves, and all of us, one good day here (Yeah, I LIKE beatin' UGA.)
But there it is: Announcers saying "Muschamp needs this call, this game, to have a chance at keeping his job."
Shut t f up.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
(Gotta admit something I am also somewhat ashamed of: I still find myself sort of DREADING a return to an actual debate, at the very least some supposed "uncertainty" as to whether Muschamp will be fired, IF we actually win this game...Can't believe that even now there's a small part of me that actually hopes we still end up losing this, or at least "wouldn't be that bummed" if we did, even collapsed and looked like sh*t doing it, if it means avoiding that, COULD even mean he was gone by MONDAY...Sorry. I do hate myself for thinking it, but it's true.)

It is hard to believe rumors, but RUMINT is that Muschamp fumbled his career against Missouri and will likely be gone even if Florida wins out. It is next to impossible for Florida to win the East, and we have ZERO 4 and 5 star recruits from the state. Muschamp MIGHT be able to keep his job by winning out AND recruiting five 5 stars and five 4 stars in a month. Might.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I just keep goin' back to, "Treon can throw the ball--and that's all it would take to put this thing away."
OK, I'm fully there now: Sweep 'em ALL out--maybe keep Leak, new guy, make a place for him if you have to--but that's IT.
OH! Big chance there on the fumble, Gators all around but they all whiff. They'll get some more chances, in the air AND on the ground. 'Dogs starting to look panicky. Sack, Fowler. Oh yes, starting to get tough now...
And there's Dubose, doing the ONE thing he does well, VERY well, aside from run fast--he does it with punt-returns.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It is hard to believe rumors, but RUMINT is that Muschamp fumbled his career against Missouri and will likely be gone even if Florida wins out. It is next to impossible for Florida to win the East, and we have ZERO 4 and 5 star recruits from the state. Muschamp MIGHT be able to keep his job by winning out AND recruiting five 5 stars and five 4 stars in a month. Might.
Don't see that happening, ANY of it, more's the pity far as OUR future's concerned--but I don't feel he deserves any "reconsideration" regardless: He's already well-proven over the years here that THIS is all he's got, who he is and what his teams will look like.
"Not NEAR good enough, sir." Not for The University of Florida "Fightin' Gators".

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PLEASE just get it in the endzone. Let's win this WITH AUTHORITY. It's what this team SHOULD be able to do, game in, game out. Close. Replay/review. He may be IN--but there is a ruling on the field of "no TD", so unless there's a clear angle...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I think he's IN--but if he had the ball on the other arm (the wrong arm. according to "proper technique", btw), it'd have been called our way maybe

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(This IS "fun", though...reminds me of how things should be, could be, game in/game out, right?)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--Our D can just pin their ears back from here on out, put a coupla guys in "center field" and get some INT-shots.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, this wasn't what ANYONE expected. After Missourri week seemed to solidify this team's "character", we can be excused for having to get to 31-7 in the 4th quarter before actually beginning to think we can win this thing...It's been since the 1st (scheduled 2nd) game of the season that I could even stomach the idea of watching the post-game shows--you could see how bad we looked even in those two previous SEC wins.
Want to be clear, though: This one was for pride--and maybe telling a prospective future-Coach what talent is here and what this team COULD be--with THEIR help and guidance. The kids might THINK they're playing for their Head Coach's job, whatever it TAKES to keep them up and interested--but ANY talk of Muschamp "saving his job" has to be STOMPED beyond that.
(Meanwhile, is this D gonna stupid its way into tightening this thing up before it's finally over? Too much time left for this Gator team to relax, screw around and let 'em recover their hope and pride...)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
DAMN, they shoulda picked that off--at LEAST knocked it down. Here comes the "2"...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gimmick-pass--OH! Did he HAVE it long enough? Ruled incomplete, but he had it for a sec before it got ripped out, I think...Remember US winning that ol' Tennessee game on the bang-bang catch/smack/strip in the endzone? Same thing could work against us here on the conversion--and if it does, we are gonna bee in some HEAT before this is over.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Call confirmed...and pretty damn pathetically, we STILL haven't won this thing.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, Treon won't be throwing this again today unless we find ourselves down in the last minute after all...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema