• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 14: Florida Gators vs #2 Florida State Seminoles

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Not that we'd need or WANT that kind of negative baggage/publicity anyway (they all crucify us out there already), but did we even go AFTER this Winston-kid? "We" (ie this Head Coach and the last) seem to have been solely chasing the "top statistical leader in Florida" the last few years, then picking up a "highly-regarded" kid here and there elsewhere. Appears to be as much creativity, imagination and independent thinking in that decision as in the design of our whole offense, right?

miltongator

Gator Fan
Not that we'd need or WANT that kind of negative baggage/publicity anyway (they all crucify us out there already), but did we even go AFTER this Winston-kid? "We" (ie this Head Coach and the last) seem to have been solely chasing the "top statistical leader in Florida" the last few years, then picking up a "highly-regarded" kid here and there elsewhere. Appears to be as much creativity, imagination and independent thinking in that decision as in the design of our whole offense, right?
Amen! And please explain why Foley didn't see that.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah, "lets take a look at the standings"--the whole damn THING...and there we ARE: Florida Gators, ranked 103rd in the NATION. The pride swells within me (OK, I'm just makin' this up now...yeah, that's prob only our OFFENSIVE rating, in every sense of that phrase!)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Amen! And please explain why Foley didn't see that.
We STILL don't have a real good one at QB (best you can say about Mornigweg is that he MIGHT be alright, with work) far as we know: Grier is "SUPPOSED" to be "a good one", but he's another "statistical leader"/"broke all of Tebow's Florida-records"-kid that haven't exactly paid off for us so far--and we BETTER get at LEAST one more, one ready to blossom, and soon, after seeing the way injuries can mount ANYWHERE (but especially here, which of course raises another set of Q's.
(Meanwhile, the announcers are discussing the "upcoming changes in coaching here at Florida", and they think/imply that there WILL be such changes, that Foley has said "that's all up to Will Muschamp"--as I say they assume it's a given that there'll be changes, "can't help but be after a 4-and-8 season, even WITH all the injuries, where they collapsed after a promising start"--but here in the middle of this mess, seeing/hearing what WE'VE seen and heard here this season, it's far from so certain, no matter HOW "logical" or even necessary. I just don't know, can't fathom what the so-called "thinking" is here regardless, by now.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
One last thing, re the ACC-Championship Game next week:
"GO DUKE!" (Yeah, it's come to that.)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Shit. Ran out of booze. That's a wrap. I will see some of you in the basketball forum.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Shit. Ran out of booze. That's a wrap. I will see some of you in the basketball forum.
(later...) NOTICED you'd sorta "faded out" there towards the end, E-: Wasn't sure if you were still "around" or had bailed, for WHATEVER reason (God knows you weren't alone, if the latter--we ALL had good reason to do so).
Gotta feeling I may actually spend some time around the "Basketball Forum" this winter...This football season has left me both spent AND wanting MUCH more--of something much DIFFERENT, of course.
Thing is, I am a walking demo of how and why we are and will for eons to come be and be SEEN as a "FOOTBALL school", not a roundball one, no matter how well we recruit and/or Billy D. can establish us as a perennial B-ball power: I just can't get all that jazzed about the game in general or our place in the college-version (without the alma mater-connection I am even less, WAY less a fan or follower of the NBA) during the regular season...I monitor our general results, begin to follow more closely come the SEC tournament late-season, and only start to "get INTO it" come seeding-for-the-Tournament and the onset of "the Silly Season". Lotta reasons for it, some important ones having to do with the game itself, but fact still remains: Just isn't "my thing". I have friends from all over who've tried to console me during football season with news/observations about the success of other-sport Gator-squads, this season especially with what-they-expect-to-be my "excitement" at the success our basketball team is having now and (with news of recruiting "coups") can expect in the future, but (along with at various times the successes of our volleyball, men AND women's, baseball, and women's softball teams, etc.) these just don't even come CLOSE to ameliorating the pain I am feeling--indeed, almost ALL Gators are suffering--at our plunge past mediocrity into abject SUCKINESS. I'll try to find solace where I can--and basketball, as the high-profile sport that it is, may offer some...But on a certain level, it only reminds me of everything that hurts, all that I'll be trying to put OUT of my mind, or (that being unrealistic, even impossible) may only hinder efforts to put distance between me and IT.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema