• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 14: Florida Gators vs #2 Florida State Seminoles

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I have no words to prepare us for the slaughter that is about to happen. On a positive note, this is Senior Day. Be sure to bid a hearty farewell to the following Gator Seniors playing in their final game. These poor fellows have seen the best of times, and the worst of times. They have been through two head coaches, three offensive coordinators, and three defensive coordinators.

Word has it that Dominique Easley will be a special guest on the sideline, so he can say goodbye to his teammates.

#8. Trey Burton WR/TE/F 6-2 225 SR 3L. Venice FL
#2. Dominique Easley DL 6-2 285 SR 3L. Staten Island NY
#4. Damien Jacobs OL 6-3 300 SR 1L. Gibson LA
#49. Darrin Kitchens LB 6-2 237 SR 3L. Homestead FL
#83. Solomon Patton WR/KR/PR 5-9 177 SR 3L. Mobile AL
#97. Brad Phillips K 5-10 195 SR 2L. Gainesville FL
#14. Jaylen Watkins DB 6-0 188 SR 3L. Cape Coral FL

#8. Jeremy Brown 5-10 185 RSR 2L. Orlando FL
#36. David Campbell LB 6-0 221 RSR SQ. Live Oak FL (walk-on)
#30. Tim Clark DB 5-9 197 RSR SQ. Wellborn FL (walk-on)
#4. Andre Debose WR 6-0 187 RSR 3L. Sanford FL (returning next year)
#67. Jon Halapio OL 6-3 320 RSR 3L. St. Petersburg FL
#72. Jonotthan Harrison OL 6-3 RSR 3L. Groveland FL
#64. Kyle Koehne OL 6-5 315 RSR 3L. Indianapolis IN
#33. Chris Maignan 5-11 185 RSR SQ. Miami FL (walk-on)

awebbf5

VIP Member
No firing today , to the point I hope we get beat by 100 , yeah I know not a gator attitude to have but at some point it gets ridiculous. I know were injured and we invested to much money In muschamp but this program will look bad again next year no matter what players we have.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I would never live it down at work if the Noles beat the Gators by 100.

No firing today , to the point I hope we get beat by 100 , yeah I know not a gator attitude to have but at some point it gets ridiculous. I know were injured and we invested to much money In muschamp but this program will look bad again next year no matter what players we have.
We're almost certain to be beat, and beat badly...and I am of mixed feelings and at LEAST "two minds" about this--on the one hand is all that is bound up with this game (pride, recruiting, and so on), on the other aweb's point...
I can't bring myself to root for "THAT team", let alone hope for a shellacking--but if I were sure the chain-reaction-outcome would really BE what he implies, well, let's just say it wouldn't bother me as much. However, I'm not even close to believing that to be the case now--I mean, if it hasn't (and seemingly WON'T) happen by now, is unlikely to happen soon or now AFTER the season, what's the point?
I'm at a loss, frankly. What can be done, what can we and/or ANYONE do to help FORCE a change, a DRAMATIC change in the OFFENSE at LEAST?!! WTF WILL IT TAKE???!!!

miltongator

Gator Fan
My neighbor is a big FSU fan and wants a bet for the game. I told him I'd take Florida and 76 points. He's thinking about it.

Escambia94

Whether the Gators lose by 100 points or 1 point is out of the hands of the coaches. It will take leaders on the field stepping up. First, who will step up on offense? Tyler needs to make up his mind: can he lead the offense to victory being a perennial backup QB with a sore shoulder? If not, give Skyler all the repetition he needs in practice. Is Skyler ready to step up from third string clipboard holder to the fiery leader of this rag-tag offense? Which receiver is going to step up and fight that aggressive FSU defense to get open quickly? Will the offensive line step up and keep the QB vertical? Defense. .. which DB will turn around and defend passes rather than go for highlight reel hits and inevitable PI penalties? Which DT is going to step up and plug the A-gap? Which DE is going to penetrate the backfield? Which kicker is going to confidently nail field goals? Which punter has worked fundamentals under pressure and will flip the field for us? This is not about the piss poor coaching this weekend, but knowing what needs to be done. It's about leadership. Execution. Pride.

Escambia94

He took the bet. Now I'm wondering if 76 points is enough.
Sucker. The worst loss we had before this upcoming weekend was November 28, 1988. 52-17. For the past few weeks I compared the 2013 team to the 1988-1989 teams. I was wrong. I should have used the 1979 team. The 1988 FSU was #3, only lost to #1 Miami, and beat Georgia Southern 28-10 despite shellacking all other opponents by 4 TDs. This 2013 Nole team is much better than the 1988 Noles, and the 2013 Gators are much worse than the 1988 Gators. As a matter of fact, the 2013 Gators are worse than the 1979 team that lost 16-27 to #5 FSU. Theoretically we should lose 80-3!

miltongator

Gator Fan
They need to recruit some of the talent we have here in the Florida panhandle. We've got some good one this year.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
My neighbor is a big FSU fan and wants a bet for the game. I told him I'd take Florida and 76 points. He's thinking about it.
GOOD one! You may be the only Gator so far who has found a way to get a "positive" out of this game...More of us should follow your lead: All the people I knew back when who "chose" to go to FSU did so 'cause they knew they didn't have the grades to get into UF, or were minus the smarts/drive to make it there and KNEW it, basically, if truth be told (don't know if that's the case anymore...HOPE so). These aren't the "top thinkers", you understand. Add in emotional stupidity to go with the rest, and--KA-CHING!--profit. No way even THIS Gator squad can lose by more than, well, now that I think about it...No no no: We'll be able to stay within 50 pts of them "for SURE" (he said with proud confidence...ARGH! I am really hating this season, most of ALL this friggin' staff with their "let's kill them in practice"-approach and their pee-wee flag-football offense, TO THE MAX!!!).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Heck yeah! Hello, Escambia?

If it is not FSU, it is Alabama that has moved in on the Panhandle.
They need to find a sh*tload more young playmakers, that's for SURE--and it seems we're not getting our share of the ones right under our noses. Sounds like a "coaching failure" to ME, E-, and a serious, even (what should be, anyway, job-wise) a FATAL one. (Sorry: OK--I'll cut that out...but I ask you all: Wtf is goin' ON with this? We've actually got really GOOD recruiting personnel now, both in the guy(s) who's got it in his job-title AND the other mid- and upper-level position coaches; You don't suppose they're getting overruled by "someone at or near the top", do you?)

Escambia94

I have some theories about our recruiting:
  • FSU is strong and is snagging some talent
  • Miami is on their way back
  • Tennessee, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt are all grabbing decent talent in the SEC East
  • Louisville not only recruits well, but also has low standards for academics and behavior
  • Florida marketed defense well with Muschamp, Quinn, and Durkin, but lacks that recruiting prowess on offense. Joker Phillips is only on his first year as recruiter for offense and he grabbed five receivers

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We'd have to recruit Krypton to see real significant improvement between this season and next--and a repeat of this offensive philosophy and scheme would render even that similarly ineffective. "Well, the QB can throw the ball thru' a WALL, but no one can CATCH the damn thing--on the rare occasion a pass-play is called AND the thrown ball is anywhere NEAR them...Opposing defenders are bouncing off the O-line--but our guys stand there like statues so theirs are learning to just RUN AROUND 'em!" And so on.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
He took the bet. Now I'm wondering if 76 points is enough.
I think you made a shrew investment--The very fact that it may STILL turn out to be a bit of a "nail-biter" is as great an indictment of this team's coaching and overall state-of-mind as anything any of us has or will say regarding the health of this program. I think we "rise up in pride" and "only" lose by maybe 6 TDs. (GAAAAA! I find I'm prob at least 1/2 SERIOUS! Oh MAN I'm hating this season, this whole deal!!!)

Escambia94

Florida Trophy.png

If the Gators need some motivation for this game, they can still win the Florida Cup! As long as the Gators can win (stop laughing) and not give up as many points as Miami did to FSU, the Gators can claim what might be the last Florida Cup ever. Note: it is extremely rare for all three teams to play one another, since two are in the ACC and one is in the SEC.

FSU - Miami: 41 - 14
UF - Miami: 16 - 21

Miami has 41+16=57 points scored against them.
FSU has 14 points scored against them, so as long as Florida does not score 43 points they will win the Florida Cup.
Florida has 21 points scored on them by Miami, so Florida needs to keep FSU under 36 points. Theoretically Florida could pull it off with a very slow game and lots of turnovers for a 27-17 score.

If Florida can score (stop laughing) at least 43 points (ha ha ha), or keep FSU under 36 points, they could theoretically win the last Florida Cup we may see in a long time and spoil the Seminole's season.

What are the odds that this will happen? Not likely. Not with this Gator team. I just thought I would throw this out there.

Escambia94

Since I have 1000% faith in the Gators losing, and looking like losers, I have deactivated my Facebook account for the next few weeks.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I'm hoping that the Gators at least make into a game against FSU because it's in the swamp and Winston hasn't played I against a SEC D. The problem is the Gators O. Anybody know whose starting QB?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema