• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 14: Florida Gators vs #2 Florida State Seminoles

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Tyler Murphy has not thrown in practice. It is highly likely that Skyler Morhinweg is starting again.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...and Btw: @Escambia94, that "80-3" predicted score in your response to @miltongator, was a cruel one...Can you imagine the aching fury as they go for that one last score to further rub-it-in late, scoring one more TD and covering that seemingly ridiculous spread?!!! (Suddenly less envious of you and that bet, mg--I'd be ready to go OFF, were it me...but I hafta admit, I'd have made it too--and truth be told, still would, given the dummy opportunity.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
View attachment 253
If the Gators need some motivation for this game, they can still win the Florida Cup! As long as the Gators can win (stop laughing) and not give up as many points as Miami did to FSU, the Gators can claim what might be the last Florida Cup ever. Note: it is extremely rare for all three teams to play one another, since two are in the ACC and one is in the SEC.

FSU - Miami: 41 - 14
UF - Miami: 16 - 21

Miami has 41+16=57 points scored against them.
FSU has 14 points scored against them, so as long as Florida does not score 43 points they will win the Florida Cup.
Florida has 21 points scored on them by Miami, so Florida needs to keep FSU under 36 points. Theoretically Florida could pull it off with a very slow game and lots of turnovers for a 27-17 score.

If Florida can score (stop laughing) at least 43 points (ha ha ha), or keep FSU under 36 points, they could theoretically win the last Florida Cup we may see in a long time and spoil the Seminole's season.

What are the odds that this will happen? Not likely. Not with this Gator team. I just thought I would throw this out there.
Now you're REALLY WAY into the "pretzel logic", E--I mean, yeah, I get your "reasoning"/calcutations, but frankly the first (and only concrete) thing that occurred to me as I read this post was, "Oh yeah, ANOTHER game our D played well and we 'shoulda woulda coulda' won had we any offense at ALL"--and at THAT point, relatively early in the season, it was CLEARLY thick-headed , stubbornly unimaginative and trudging "here we go again" offense that failed us, a trend (amounting to "Commitment To Failure") that multiple injuries has helped to somewhat obscure. Again, it seems we'll have to lose another full year and who-knows-HOW-much more ground in order to "satisfactorily" make this point for Foley's benefit. Also "again", though, I hope to HELL I'm wrong about that, about all of it--BUT I KNOW I'M NOT, not about the style and philosophy on offense, its results and where they'll leave us by the time required drastic change will come.

miltongator

Gator Fan
The most important thing to know is...who is behind Skyler? Because Skyler doesn't seem to have that "indestructible" quality a la Danny W and we all know how the semi-holes like to beat on QB's until the "echo" of the whistle.

miltongator

Gator Fan
...and Btw: @Escambia94, that "80-3" predicted score in your response to @miltongator, was a cruel one...Can you imagine the aching fury as they go for that one last score to further rub-it-in late, scoring one more TD and covering that seemingly ridiculous spread?!!! (Suddenly less envious of you and that bet, mg--I'd be ready to go OFF, were it me...but I hafta admit, I'd have made it too--and truth be told, still would, given the dummy opportunity.)
Damn, shoulda' asked for 80.

Escambia94

The most important thing to know is...who is behind Skyler? Because Skyler doesn't seem to have that "indestructible" quality a la Danny W and we all know how the semi-holes like to beat on QB's until the "echo" of the whistle.
Christian Provancha is behind Skyler Mornhinweg. You have already seen him signaling calls in to the QB, and you may have seen him on YouTube performing with various Gators before the Sugar Bowl. If Skyler goes down, we are in deep trouble.

Escambia94

Now you're REALLY WAY into the "pretzel logic", E--I mean, yeah, I get your "reasoning"/calcutations, but frankly the first (and only concrete) thing that occurred to me as I read this post was, "Oh yeah, ANOTHER game our D played well and we 'shoulda woulda coulda' won had we any offense at ALL"--and at THAT point, relatively early in the season, it was CLEARLY thick-headed , stubbornly unimaginative and trudging "here we go again" offense that failed us, a trend (amounting to "Commitment To Failure") that multiple injuries has helped to somewhat obscure. Again, it seems we'll have to lose another full year and who-knows-HOW-much more ground in order to "satisfactorily" make this point for Foley's benefit. Also "again", though, I hope to HELL I'm wrong about that, about all of it--BUT I KNOW I'M NOT, not about the style and philosophy on offense, its results and where they'll leave us by the time required drastic change will come.
I do not actually believe this inept offense, over-rated defense, and hapless special teams can pull off a win; however, it is my duty to make an attempt to point out something positive to play for.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Just hope they block the FSU defenders and get push. A 310 O-Lineman shouldn't be pushed around by a sub 200 DB and/or WR.

awebbf5

VIP Member
I'm just ready to bring in a offensive guru and muschamp say I got the d you take the o and put points up. Time to get this ass whooping over and get to work for next year and see if muschamp will change or play this 60's football.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Lol I was sitting here saying heck of a run by TB. I told my girl who was excited about the run to not get excited we will not score. Oh by the way Murphy is a pu##y and should never be aloud to play in a UF uniform. Rivalry game, FSU, lady game of the season and he is sitting out with a sore shoulder. He's not a leader a true leader would play through the pain.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
We have such clumsy offensive players. I just don't get it. Our WR can't catch or they trio over their own feet.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Been sitting here, as last week, reserving judgment until into the 2nd qrtr...I believe that longish running-play out of the "deep hole" for FSU may be "the turning point" here--failing an outright D-TD, our only hope for 6 pts. will be a short-field, a VERY short-field! Now, here we go: the start of a 99 yd drive?
Meanwhile, mark of how bad EVERYONE knows we are that the announcers on ESPN that no offense and being behind 3-0 is grounds for glowing commentary regarding "Florida's having it all go their way here", and so on--but we give up the key play there AGAIN--27 yds on 3rd and 26?!!! Maybe this banged-up D IS "over-rated", E...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Not getting my hopes up but d looks good so far.
But now the game is on the line, and (as seems to be the trend with this squad) they're starting to give up KEY plays and yardage on 3rd-downs. From here on in, only FSU can stop themselves, when it counts (like "holding").
That'll begin to tell as the game goes on--"tell" on the scoreboard...See? AGAIN on 3rd-down--Purifoy shoulda intercepted it, but "his shoe came off?!!! TD.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I will stop watching soon. We wouldn't have won this one had we SCORED 21 pts in the 1st qrtr.
"96 yd drive?" When we're ALL-DEFENSE?!!! F*ck it. I hate this coaching staff. There: I said it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It's gonna get worse, guys--MUCH worse. We all know it. Guess I'd go out to watch a train wreck if I knew it was coming...but whatta ya do when people you love are ON that "train"? That's sorta the Q here. What CAN we do?!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema