• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The TEBOW Watch

Gatorfan24

Gator Fan
I can't wait to watch tim rip it up next season, whenever the season starts again. Hopefully they won't skip 2011-2012 season

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
He's gotta be somewhere they at least have SOME idea of what they've got--and are excited about it...that WAS the case at Denver before the coach was fired, but that no longer seems to be the case: Elway is 'The Man With the Plan" there now, and though personally I think he's got his head up his butt (and what passes for "thinking" up there in the darkness is as much about his biases, preconceptions and protecting his own up-'til-now unquestioned top-dog status in terms of fame and fan-recognition around that organization), the main thing has ALWAYS been and remains seeing TT brought up the right way in the right situation. The guy did so much as a Gator, gave us all so much in every way, like just about every other Gator that's all I care about, to see him get every opportunity to pursue his dreams. Now, it's true that there'll also be a lot of excitement and pleasure to be had by all of us in seeing #15 working his rugged magic out there on a football field once again, but I can honestly say that it is in seeing him get a proper shot at making it happen that concerns me most right now--and I doubt I'm alone in that sentiment.

robdog

Gator Fan
Yeah, I am kind of worried that he is not going to be getting a proper shot. However, worst case scenario is he becomes the backup QB. :( I would like to see him get a shot at starting for a whole season, but I find that highly unlikely with the current sentiment from Elway and a few other higher ups at the Broncos.

mjfan23

VIP Member
very unfortunate. Either Tim needs to be traded to a different team or Orton is going to have to blow up to get a shot.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If you follow the whole intentionally-public process of late, it is clear that he is not second- or even THIRD-choice there in Denver since the coach who drafted him was fired and Elway stepped fully forward into sole control of that team. As I have always suspected, Elway & Co. never intended for Tim Tebow to get anything LIKE "a fair shot". What we have been presented with is a well-orchestrated sequence of second- and third-hand STORIES designed to explain the management's rationale for jettisoning a popular first round pick, one that had stirred hope and excitement in previously moribund Bronco fans. I'm tired of belaboring the point, but in effect a small and petty John Elway, for reasons having little to do with #15's skills and/or potential on the field, was always intent on blocking this potential threat to his status of "Lone Sports Hero of Denver". The Head Coach and others, assorted reporters, haters and sycophants, have their own axes to grind, and are along for the ride. It is all "of a piece", each "next step" coming on the heels of "word that some players" feel a certain way, or in the wake of new criticism, some contrived tale of mini-controversy.
We all knew Tim HAD to get the right situation to excel early, for a number of reasons, and just as it seemed the Bronco one seemed a good fit based on the Coach's attitude and philosophy when he was drafted, it immediately became the opposite the moment he was fired. Look how that former-coach is being excoriated right along WITH Tebow now. Criticized and demeaned, not just his coaching and football acumen but every aspect of his personality and its supposed effect on the players has lately been called into question. It is as if the Bronco management is laying the groundwork for blaming not only its PAST failures but its future EXPECTED ones on these "mistakes" from its past.
It is well he has his faith to support him; you'd have to have SOMETHING to maintain the focus and positivity that the daily physical requirements alone require. For the sake of his peace-of-mind and personal well-being, as WELL as his chance at a successful pro-football career, Tim Tebow must somehow get out of Denver ASAP.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I have given up on Denver. Little Timmy is getting hosed out there. Of the Denver Qbs, Tebow has the highest quarterback rating in preseason, but he will likely get cut or treated like crap on the bench.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It has already HAPPENED: vaguely credited reports ("team sources", "word out of camp", "according to players", etc.) are now showing up all over the news-nets not just implying that TT "continues his dramatic fall from grace", but that now some previously unmentioned and undrafted walk-in has caught the team's attention and is challenging Tebow for even the THIRD string job.
As for his QB rating, that is never spoken of in these articles--only how great everyone ELSE is performing and how little is thought of Tebow's recent performances and general skills. The whole thing is kind of a reversal of "The Emperor's New Clothes": only here, in a world of attack journalists, hater-radio-hosts, and Elway-apologists, there is no innocent child to blurt out, "If he's so bad, why does he have the highest QB rating on the team so far this preseason?"

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now here's that well-known concussion-lobotomized moron Boomer Esaison piling on the friends-of-Elway bandwagon with a highly publicized column in Pro Football Today which BEGINS at "Tebow can't throw, can't play" and descends into another rage-filled personal attack. This is a guy (Esaison) who has never lead a team to ANY championship, and was known for being essentially a "big dumb guy at quarterback who runs slow and and can't think", but COULD heave the ball a long way--so they relied on a running back and a couple of fast receivers for offense when he was the Bengals' QB. Like Elway, he is a petty and bitter man, and harbors great resentment towards his old team for insults real and imagined. Something about Tebow just rubs his already raw and sensitive thin skin the wrong way: as we've seen in so many other cases, the tip-off is in how the reaction so outweighs the stimulus. Tebow HAS in fact performed relatively well in games, continues to work hard and do everything that is asked of him. He is popular, has represented his team and the League well, and has certainly done NOTHING to warrant these vicious and relentless personal attacks.
I will say it once again: this sort of over-the-top fit of public-pique reveals a lot more about the perpetrator, in this case Boomer Esaison, than it does about TT. The strange and disturbing part of it all (at least to me) is how it appears part of a large and orchestrated campaign against him. While this is to some extent explained by very real efforts on the part of Elway and the Bronco organization to address and minimize the anticipated PR-fallout from their fans' disappointment and anger at the abandonment of their popular first-round draft pick, it is also part of a larger, nationwide anti-Tebow backlash. It began with simply "too much Tebow" in the media (not his fault, just normal media-laziness, but there, nonetheless), but has grown and metamorphosed into something else, something ugly and dark. There are a whole lot of folks out there who don't just want to see Tim Tebow fail , they want to see him injured, humiliated, damaged in every way.
NOW I begin to see how it got with the Romans. For numb and decadent spectators, it isn't enough to see their heroes win. Not even to see enemies and bad guys lose. No, the "outsider", the "others", especially those who don't even try to fit in, who make us feel uncomfortable about our own lives and values, these must be squashed. See y'all Sunday at the Coliseum. I won't be there.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
What the f--- does Merrill Hoge know about QBs? He doesn't, he was a f---ing running back who history of concussions. Someone please give that man Hoge another concussion (or least tackle him hard). I know not nice of me saying that but I don't like that guy especially if didn't play QB. He thinks Cam Newton is better. Must be those Concussions talking huh Merrill?

Escambia94

Hoge does what is best for his pocketbook, and right that is generating headlines. One way to generate headlines is to do some market research on what is trendy and talk about those, but to take an opposing viewpoint. It works. Now, you have to have some guys in there to speak the party line, but the rest are just there to rile people up. Going back a few years, Hoge seems to always take the opposing viewpoint. It just so happens that he is opposing a very large fan base, so he gets more attention.

Escambia94

Oh, on another note, a famous left-handed quarterback with a quirky throwing motion, propensity to run rather than throw, yet has the highest QB rating in history and a SuperBowl MVP--Steve Young--seems to support Tim Tebow. Just saying. Steve does not need to generate any headlines. He gets a paycheck just by saying he is Steve Young. As for Hoge and Boomer, people forget about has-beens and once-overs.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah, Merril's a tool, a transparent big mouth and neither bright nor articulate. For him, it's "Look at me!"
Esaison may also crave attention, but there is something deeper, a real animosity that is part of this darker mob-think grudge that I mention above. For him it is personal, yet strikes a chord among a certain angry segment of not only the sports world but the public at large.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
One thing TT has in his favor is his very real "celebrity status", something that, right or wrong, carries real weight in the society at large, is kind of a "wild card" that may pry him out of a situation that would have normally left him trapped, helpless. In conjunction with the nature of his fame, as a "good and righteous man" who is ALSO "a fighter, a winner" and, make no mistake, attractive to women as well, Tim Tebow is already a potential product-image-powerhouse--an NFL team is a product too, and you can bet there are several who will want to make that investment, "take that chance". I think it gives him the leverage to get him out from under Elway & Co.'s worst efforts and intentions.
In making such a mess of this, I think Denver has screwed themselves royally, that they will end up paying again and again in a number of ways for their vindictive and short-sited lack-of-vision. The best part, of course, the one that everyone will be waiting to see, will come if and when he can find the RIGHT situation, and eventually lead a team who appreciates and benefits by his unique skills against the Broncos themselves one day. We know Tebow. Where will you put YOUR money, come the day?

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I saw on Vince Young's wiki page that Hoge said that Young lack talent and skill. Well he has both, immature is an issue but not talent and skill.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema