• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The TEBOW Watch

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Look at the bright side. Timmy still makes millions as a backup, and he can save his good looks and brain cells for his ministry and charities.

robdog

Gator Fan
It is true. Tebow does have the last laugh with getting drafted so high and getting paid before the slotted system was in place. Good for him...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah, but there still remains the "What might be..." turning to "What might have been..."--all the thrills that everyone misses out on and all the gloating satisfaction of petty, narrow-minded idiots that Tim doesn't care about, but I do...
TT isn't worried about failing OR proving himself to the likes of them, but that's exactly why I want to see him get a proper shot--and why I'm more worried about seeing that stomped on and denied him (and all of us) than I am the actual outcome if it isn't, and he DOES land on his feet somewhere. Now, if he could end up having it BOTH ways, take their money, ride the bench a year or two until he is either released or traded to a place more suitable, where he flourishes, that would be SWEET.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
If Tim stays on the bottom of the depth chart this season he will be traded to a team that will give him an opportunity to compete for the starting spot. I still think he will be the #2 in Denver this year, and those fans do not want him traded.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If John Elway REALLY thought Tebow would fail, he'd put him out there in a heartbeat. No, it's the thought that TT may just succeed wildly well that scares him, keeps him up at night and drives John to make damn sure no one outshines HIS memory in Denver, not on HIS watch, no way no how.

Escambia94

Who would you prefer to start?

Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating

Kyle Orton 42 28 408 66.7 9.7 2 4.8 1 2.4 42 2 20 104.1

Brady Quinn 42 22 276 52.4 6.6 2 4.8 2 4.8 26 1 0 69.1

Tim Tebow 31 20 310 64.5 10.0 1 3.2 0 0.0 43 7 37 108.3

Adam Weber 1 1 89 100.0 89.0 0 0.0 0 0.0 89 1 9 118.8

If you go for style points, go for Weber. He throws a pretty ball. If you go by doing the best at what is given--first team, second team, no.blocking, some blocking--go with Tebow. The statistics are somewhat deceiving, but also tell a story. Tebow treats junk time and real time the same, an opportunity to win. Choose wisely, Denver. None of those four will get you to a Super Bowl, but one will sacrifice everything to win.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well said. You BUILD around that last guy--and meanwhile, he'll maximize what you've got until you do.

(As far as "deceiving statistics" go, with that long TD pass last night, TT's QB-rating apparently slips by Weber's 1-for-1-for-89-yd."118.8" by a few decimal points...Either way, I recommend to all the old "eyeball-test", as in, "What do your lyin' EYEBALLS tell you?!!")

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Sad that Elway is treating Tebow like he was treated by Dan Reeves. Elway didn't like it and if can get his head out of his @$$, he can see he's doing the same things.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Of course you're right, but I have become more and more convinced that it is permanently planted there (ie. "in his @$$"). He thinks that's "the World", and I don't care to imagine what that looks like to him.
Once more: if Denver is to change the situation, the only way is to "vote with your wallets". Stop buying tickets to home games, call in to the ticket office AND radio talk shows and TELL them what you are doing (or NOT doing) and why, and eventually self-styled "King John" will either be pushed to the background OR outright fired. Otherwise, you'll not only lose Tebow, but a whole BUNCH of games, opportunities and whole SEASONS until Elway IS finally ousted for incompetence and generally poor results.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Apparently John Fox didn't pay attention to the preseason because according to espn.com/nfl, Tebow is 3th behind Brady Quinn who he outperformed in the preseason.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Again: Tebow was originally "put in to fail" in certain situations in the preseason--and DIDN'T. Now, there is NO WAY Tebow gets to go in: it they're winning, "no reason", and if they're losing, well, little Johnny will "take his ball and go home" before he'll allow TT to be the hero.

Escambia94

It was interesting to see Tebow's face as the crowd was chanting for him at the end of the game. My read is that from Tebow is that of frustration. He must know that unless he does a couple specific things in practice that he will not be promoted to #2 or #1, no matter how much the crowd begs for him. That is what I read on Timmy's face. Those specific things might be the Denver coaches trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, unlike the Carolina coaches that pretty much modified the offense to suit Newton's strengths--deep ball, run up the gut. The Denver coaches could have done the same thing with Tebow in preseason to see if he can translate a couple college skills to the NFL, at least temporarily, so they can evaluate his athletic ability at game speed. Instead they tell him "this is the NFL and you do it the NFL way or else". Meanwhile, offenses around the league are stealing bits and pieces of college offenses. The NFL will not wholesale adopt college offenses, but bits and pieces are manageable.

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
Tim is put on the shelf to expire. When McD. got him he was sold on Tim IMO. Now that Fox is there in the Mile High everything to do with McD. is stale, dry, just not good enough to live up to Fox's or Mr. Ed's (Elways) new improved standards. Everything McD. did has to be stupid or not worthy. How do you get better if your not able to play or at least practice with the Top players. hmm.

I'm so tire of the excuses of him not sitting in the pocket or his throwing motion.
Mike Vick doesn't sit in there to get crushed .He bobs, he weaves, does what ever it takes to get yards. If it means throwing it ITS THROWN. If it means running it ITS RAN. It gets DONE!! You know he did pretty dern good last year "Doing His Thing".

Tim's release is to slow. Well I guess every team or player he BEAT in college must not of been good enough to go on to the NFL cause they didn't see his slow release plus The coaches must of never caught on to how slow, sluggish he's release was or they would of told someone what to look for. Should of been the easy way to shut him down. Right?
I don't care If some one could only kick Rugby style passes as long as they hit their mark every time with accuracy who gives a rats behind. Catch the ball and run.

Back in the day there was no forward passing. But they learned to throw and hand it off to someone else. But with Vick, Tebow style you can let them throw it, hand it off,or could run it themselves. I like three options instead of two.

Most the people who say this, was never good enough to chew bubble and walk at the same. So they dern sure couldn't run with the ball after they seen there was no one to throw it to. My opinion!!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It won't matter how well Newton and Vick are doing: Fox is there to do things "The El-Way", period, and Little Johnie will MEVER let Tebow do anything but rot on the bench at 3rd string for the length of his contract, no matter WHAT the cost to the franchise in financial OR practical terms. It's a travesty, but the only way it changes is if the owner countermands his pet Johnie, and the only way that even becomes a possibility is if the Bronco public "vote with their wallets" and start showing their displeasure by not showing up. Even then, I don't know if he'd go so far as to order TT made the starter, but as the losses add up he MIGHT look to ship Tim out, to get SOMETHING for him and get the constant controversy and stark reminder of their stubborn failure standing right there in front of them and everyone else on the field each week.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I keep hearing people say that Orton gives the Broncos the best chance to win. I can't stand this argument. If you say Orton is the better QB, you may be right. But I think it is clear that Tebow gives the Broncos the best chance to win.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We know it. The Denver fans know it. The really stupid and hopeless part is that the Bronco management and owner know it TOO--the only people who don't GET this obvious and crucial distinction is SUPPOSEDLY the players (though even here, it is a handful of outspoken "team leaders" and the media-guys who they talk to and THRU' who tell us that), and that alone is used as the rationale for refusing to put TT in.

Escambia94

Maybe the Denver staff should throw Timmy in early in the season to see how he is doing. If he does poorly, they can tell the fans "told you so". If he does well, let him start a few more games. If they win a few games, then Josh McDaniel made a wise investment and they can use next years draft picks on other positions. If he starts to choke as everyone predicts or bombs.immediately, then go after Andrew Luck. Either way, this is a rebuilding year, they need to know what Timmy is worth as a starter or as trade material. In the next couple games it will become painfully apparent that there is no way Denver is going to the superbowl and maybe not even the playoffs.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Again, it seems so logical and straight forward--how can they lose? Except for this Greek-tragedy-like story underlying (and, if you think about it, explaining) the whole mess, one of pride, jealousy, bitterness and the yearning for one's glory-days-now-long-past, all wrapped up and raging inside one man--and at the same time embodied in another, for whom he therefore by now has a near psychopathic hatred. He can't kill him (like in Shakespeare), but fate, circumstance and his own ambitions have put him in a position to at least delay, perhaps even derail his nemesis' heretofore seeming effortless rise to cultural-icon status. John Elway hates everything about Tim Tebow, but his unsought-yet-freely-given public adoration infuriates him most of all. That it both extends to his perceived skills as a WINNER on the football field AND transcends it pushes John beyond logic, sanity, and into a deep, dark place of secret, murderous frustration. TT will NEVER get any kind of "fair shot" while in a Denver Bronco uniform.

Escambia94

I wonder who really is calling the shots in Denver. The world is not asking to start Timmy for the sake of fulfilling the Prophecy of the Anointed One. The world is more curious about Tebow and his development than they are worried about the Broncos chances of winning the big one in 2011. There is a possibility that Tebow is not ready now. Then again, there is a chance he is. We know everything we need to know about Kyle Orton. No need to continue evaluating him. He puts up great statistics, but doesn't win games.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema