• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The TEBOW Watch

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
What to expect, then, from Tebow in the short term? Think Michael Vick, with more bulk (he is 6 feet 3 inches and 236 pounds, 3 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier than Vick) but less baggage.
“We used him in a way that highlighted his talents,” Mullen said. He said McDaniels would slowly build Tebow’s “confidence with what he does well before he puts him in the do-everything category.”
“The great thing about Josh is he’s innovative,” Mullen said. “He’s not afraid to think outside the box. He’ll be creative with him. To expect him to be an every-down quarterback right away is asking a lot.”.............
McDaniels has already made clear that he will not follow suggestions that Tebow’s best use in the N.F.L. could be as an H-back, the hybrid of a fullback and tight end. Tebow is going to be a quarterback, McDaniels told ESPN.com, and that is all he is going to be. If so, the Broncos would surely take even a fraction of Tebow’s freshman production as a rookie.
More HERE..

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
What the coaches said....

On Denver's offense changing with Tebow's skill set
"I think I've called plays as a coordinator since ‘05 and every year we've been different. That's what the offense is. It's not one thing' it's not (New England) '07, which everybody seems to reference all the time. The offense is ‘Do whatever your players allow you to do because it's versatile enough and your players are intelligent enough and you team is capable of morphing into what it needs to be to be successful.' That is what our offense it. It's not ‘The spread.' It's not ‘This' or ‘That' or ‘The other.' It's not just being in the pocket. We had pocket passers, certainly (in New England), and guys that maybe functioned better from the pocket. (Tebow) will function from the pocket. That's where he will play. Now, if we choose to move him out of the pocket, which we did last year also with Kyle (Orton) on naked bootlegs and those kinds of things, then that's something that we feel like will help our offense. We are going to try to use the talents and abilities of the players we have to make sure that they are always doing something that they can be successful with. If he can do something out of the pocket and he deserves to be on the field - that's the biggest thing - then maybe that would warrant us doing some other things. But he is going to get trained the exact same way the other guys are being trained."
On using some of the University of Florida's playbook in the past
"The stuff that we did take - we didn't take a lot - but we took some things from Florida for sure. In Coach (Urban) Meyer's system and Coach (Dan) Mullen, we took some of the stuff that they did in their empty packages and some of their three- and four-receiver stuff that we kind of liked. That was back, I think, before the '06 season. They had some good concepts. They really made sense and fit in with what we did. We always try to steal good stuff every offseason whether it be from college or the pro level. It just so happened we took some of their stuff and we were running it today. They are just good things that can allow your players to be successful, and more of that stuff is from the spread-out formations or empty backfields."
More on the rest of the mini-camp HERE..
Also check out JvilleJohnny's post on the mini-camp HERE

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Tim Tebow saves Colorado's economy one jersey at a time

champ%20store%20display%20sign%20advertising%20tim%20tebow%20jerseys.JPG

Inside the outlet on Sunday, I checked the prominently displayed jerseys but didn't see a price tag. Why not? An employee explained that the jerseys had arrived via overnight deliver the previous afternoon and were put on display immediately -- and lucky thing, because five of them sold in just a few hours at $80 a pop. The employee was thrilled by this response, noting that the sales were helping the store -- always a good thing in this economy. While Southwest Plaza appears to be doing better than some Denver-area malls, with the vast majority of its storefronts filled, it isn't exactly overrun with customers these days.
As for the Tebow jerseys themselves, they were actually attached to the display rack with a heavy cable of the sort used in bike locks:

More HERE..

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Tebow’s skills may be just what the Broncos need

Tim Tebow, Josh McDaniels
The Associated Press
Denver Broncos rookie quarterback Tim Tebow, front, looks to pass the ball under the watch of head coach Josh McDaniels on Friday, April 30 at the team's headquarters in Englewood, Colo. The Broncos will hold their rookie camp through the weekend.

By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
( page of 3 )
DENVER — Because everybody except Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn is doing it anyway, let’s hurry up to the moment when Tim Tebow is the Denver Broncos’ starting quarterback.

#forumnumcom h6 {width:250px;float:left;margin:18px 10px 0 0;padding:10px 0 15px;border-bottom:none;border-top:9px solid #888}
Whether that moment is 2012, or next year, or Sept. 12 at Jacksonville, it isn’t likely that the Broncos’ offense system will operate as it does now.
Broncos coach Josh McDaniels has mentored three quarterbacks — Tom Brady, Matt Cassel and Orton — in his five seasons of coordinating his pocket-oriented, controlled-passing offensive system.
In those five seasons, totaling 80 regular-season games, Brady, Cassel and Orton combined for 630 yards rushing.
Tebow, in his final three seasons and 41 games at the University of Florida, rushed for 2,478 yards.
Wouldn’t restricting Tebow’s skills to the pocket be like locking the Kentucky Derby starting gate on Super Saver?
“If he can do something out of the pocket and he deserves to be on the field — that’s the biggest thing — then maybe it would warrant us doing some other things,” McDaniels said Saturday during his rookie mini-camp news conference. “But he is going to get trained the exact same way the other guys are getting trained.”
Which means?
“He will function from the pocket,” McDaniels said. “That’s where he will play.”
More HERE..

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Elway Excited For Tebow And Broncos

Count John Elway as a big fan of Tim Tebow. In fact, the former Broncos quarterback thinks the future Broncos quarterback could one day be beloved in these parts just like himself.

"I think there's a connection already with Tim Tebow and the way he's acted, come in answered with the media, the type of person he is. He fits perfect into this community," Elway said. "I think that's why everyone is excited about him because they kind of feel like you know he's the next son of Denver. That's how I felt when I came in."

That's a huge endorsement from the original son of Denver. Elway spoke at length on Tuesday about Tebow and the Broncos after competing in the Colorado Golf Association 4-Ball tournment in Westminster. And while the two quarterbacks have never met, they have already communicated.

"When he did come in town, he texted me. So I texted him back and said welcome to town and looking forward to meeting him."

Elway is also looking forward to seeing Tebow play for the Broncos. Although he doubts that will be as the starter in 2010.

"I think they're going to give him a chance to sit back and learn the system," Elway said. "They've got two veteran quarterbacks in Kyle and Brady that have played. I think they're going to let them battle it out and the best of those two be the starter."

But that doesn't mean Tebow will only be holding a clipboard once the season gets going. Elway believes his success in college, especially around the goal line will get put to good use by the Broncos.

"He adds that dimension that they didn't have. There's a lot of things he can do. Short yardage situations, he's done it so often in college, so I think there's a lot of different things they can do with him."
ORIGIN and video HERE

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Michael Lombardi talks with QB Tim Tebow after his first team workout with the Broncos.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjMxHuonkqU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Tebow values his foundation above big business.

Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow understands the marketing opportunities his fame brings, but he says his goal is affecting lives above peddling products.

Tebow has signed endorsement deals with Nike, EA Sports and Palm Beach Autographs. His Broncos #15 jersey has become an all-time best seller among rookies.

But the most exciting business venture, Tebow says, has been the Tim Tebow Foundation. The Foundation "exists to bring faith, hope and love to those needing a brighter day in their darkest hour of need," according to timtebowfoundation.org.

"I don't necessarily think of it business wise, although it is a business," said Tebow about his foundation. "You're making a difference for kids and trying to invest in other peoples' lives. That's been extremely fun. It's definitely kind of hard getting all the proposals in place and getting it all up and running, but it's been very exciting and fun to do."

Tebow's agent is Jimmy Sexton, but there's also a marketing arm called XV Enterprises, the roman numeral of his jersey number, to be spearheaded by brother Robby Tebow and long-time friend Angel Gonzalez.

Tebow doesn't plan to spend all his free time talking business in a corporate setting.

"The business is part of it, I try to let more other people do that and just go reap the benefits of making a difference in kids' lives," Tebow said.
ORIGIN....

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
McDaniels sees the same "it" factor as tom brady

♦ Woody Paige of The Denver Post sat down with Broncos coach Josh McDaniels, and the former Patriots assistant said Tim Tebow has the “It” factor, similar to Tom Brady. Said McDaniels: “When Tom came to us in 2001, I wasn’t on the offensive side of the ball, but I can remember the feeling in the building was that he had something that nobody else had … and how strongly he felt that ultimately he would be a great player. It was obviously apparent in subsequent seasons.
“That confidence affects everybody,” McDaniels added. “We could see it last week at rookie camp. There were a bunch of rookies out there with no confidence, except [Tebow]. He’s got such confidence that he will just not let himself fail.”
ORIGIN....

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Fans come up with Tebow nicknames

1. The Mile-High Messiah -- First suggested by Eric M., Kingsport, Tenn.; Dan L., Austin, Texas; and Andrew B., New York.
2. Tebench -- Nick S., Rochester, N.Y.
3. Uno Cinco -- Anthony F., Philadelphia.
4. Capt. Snipit -- Jason G., Longwood, Fla.
5. The Big Tebowski -- Josh C., Canastota, N.Y., and Tim C., San Diego.
6. Tebowlicious -- Mary-Jane K., Madison, Ala.
7. Clipboard -- Joe M., Navarre, Fla., and Capt. Clipboard -- Jess C., Savannah, Ga.
8. The Unicorn -- "Because only women and defensive ends of pure virtue will be able to touch him" -- Steve R., Ottawa, Ontario.
9. Media Messiah -- Ryan K., Chowan University (Murfreesboro, N.C.).
10. Timmmmaaaay -- "South Park salute" -- Sammy M., Beaumont, Texas; Daryn H., Stevens Point, Wis.; and Josh W., Asheville, N.C.
A few more that just missed are "Straight Arrow," Bill P., Tualatin, Ore.; "T-Squared," Daniel B., Rome, Ga.; "New T(estament)," Joe D., Sherwood, Ore.; "Heaven's Heisman," Michael C., Charleston, S.C.; "Docile Apostle," Casey M., Columbia, S.C.; and "Tool Man," Jorge R., Tulare, Calif..
More HERE..

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
"Memphis-based Jimmy Sexton figured he had a foolproof post-NFL draft plan for Tim Tebow, his newest client.

He wanted to find an incognito locale for Tebow, the University of Florida's iconic quarterback and first-round draft choice of the Denver Broncos, to work out away from the glare of the media and out of reach from adoring fans and autograph hounds.

While Tebow has been blown away by the number of endorsement opportunities, he's also declined some seven-figure per year deals because he thought they would interfere with his football preparation."

More: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/may/12/tebow-brings-magic-to-memphis/

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Tim Tebow getting extra work on side in Denver Broncos minicamp

Ed Andrieski/Associated Press
Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow (15) sets up to pass as quarterback Kyle Orton (8) watches during minicamp at the team's training facility in Englewood, Colo., on Monday, May 17, 2010.

Monday marked the first time all four Denver Broncos quarterbacks were on the field together.
Incumbent Kyle Orton was followed by newcomer Brady Quinn, first-round draft pick Tim Tebow and second-year pro Tom Brandstater in taking snaps, although coach Josh McDaniels cautioned not to read too much into that order.
While the others were taking their reps, Tebow, who is trying to modify his footwork and throwing mechanics, stood about 25 yards away, mimicking their dropbacks and throws.
“Every time a play’s called [I’m just trying] get a rep in my head and even if I can’t fully do it with the team, I’m still trying to learn and get better even on the side,” Tebow said.
Tebow has drawn enormous attention since McDaniels made him a first-round pick last month. Already, he has the top-selling jersey in the NFL and he’s under the media microscope much like John Elway was as a rookie in 1983.
The Jacksonville native said he exchanged some texts with Elway, who didn’t offer any advice on dealing with the attention.
“He just was very complimentary and wanted to welcome me and very supportive and that meant a lot,” Tebow said.
As for his performance Monday, Tebow said: “I think I went out there and played hard and I think I’ve got a long way to go and I’m just going to try to get better every day.”
ORIGIN....

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
DENVER — "There was one Broncos quarterback clearly acting the part of the alpha dog during the first day of the team’s voluntary passing camp.

Sorry, Tim Tebow fans. It wasn’t the rookie.

Kyle Orton, a 15-game starter for the Broncos last year who passed for 3,802 yards and 21 touchdowns, went through the nearly two-hour practice Monday morning looking like he has no plans to concede his role — not to Brady Quinn, not to Tom Brandstater and certainly not to Tebow, a first-round pick.

Orton was the first of the four quarterbacks to take repetitions in individual drills and in the 7-on-7 work against Denver’s linebackers and defensive backs. He was followed in line by Quinn, then Brandstater and, finally, Tebow.

“Oh, I’m competing for the job, but I certainly feel like it is my job, and my teammates know that,” Orton said. “I’m going to keep on trying to show that to them every single day.”

Monday marked the first time all four QBs were together for the first time. They met in the quarterback meeting room, and it went about as you would expect. No hugs or hazing, but it was cordial.

There were introductions, then it was time for work. Tebow, as the rookie, offered to fetch his teammates’ playbooks and carry their helmets.

“Tim goes about it the right way,” Orton said. “He knows the deal.”

More: http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20100518/ARTICLES/100519395/1136?Title=Orton-on-Tebow-Tim-goes-about-it-the-right-way-

bilde

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
"Brock Huard quickly returned a phone message.

“I don’t get a chance to talk about left-handed quarterbacks much,” Huard said. "You don’t see it much. I go to a lot of youth football camps and the quarterbacks are almost always right-handed. It seems all the lefties are playing baseball. ... I’m interested to see Tim Tebow because we lefties are hard to come by.”

Huard, now a college football analyst for ESPN, is a member of a rare club. He was a southpaw gunslinger as a backup in Seattle and Indianapolis from 1999-2004. The NFL is a right-handed quarterback’s game. Only 12 left-handed quarterback have started more than 50 NFL games."

More: http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/13359/tebow-coming-to-denver-out-of-left-field

nfl_u_tebow_576.jpg

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
"Tim Tebow may be the most famous fourth-string quarterback of all time.

Yes, the first-round pick from Florida and possessor of the No.1 selling jersey in the NFL started the Broncos' first voluntary mini camp in 2010 as the No. 4 quarterback on the depth chart.

Tebow is currently behind 2009 starting quarterback Kyle Orton, the newly acquired former first-round pick Brady Quinn and second-year player Tom Brandstater."

Link: http://www.examiner.com/x-41195-Denver-Broncos-Examiner~y2010m5d19-Tebow-starts-mini-camp-as-No4-quarterback?cid=edition-rss-Denver

resized_42829_tim_tebow.jpg

JvilleJohnny

I just saw my first tebow broncos jersey today... I know, late right? But I was talking to the guy that was wearing it, and he said that (don't know if this is true or not) the lineman that the Broncos drafted (OT Zane Beadles, I think) benched 225 lbs 39 times.. And Tebow benched it 38 times. Again, I don't know if this is true. But if it is... WOW dude. thats awesome seeming as how he hasn't benched a lot since high school.

BTW sorry i haven't been able to write blogs. It's been tough to get online.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema