• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The TEBOW Watch

restraining orders on Jesus, Tebow, Obama

Man requests restraining orders on Jesus, Tebow, Obama - The Independent Florida Alligator: CampusMan requests restraining orders on Jesus, Tebow, Obama

Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 12:02 am
Miguel A. Chateloin, Alligator Contributing Writer http://www.alligator.org/news/campu...11df-b68e-001cc4c03286.html#user-comment-area
Saying he feared for his life, John D. Gilliand requested restraining orders last week against three men whom he believes are out to get him: Barack Obama, Tim Tebow and Jesus Christ.
Gilliand, claims he’s been stalked, threatened and assaulted by each of them, according to Alachua County Records.

Regarding UF’s former star quarterback, Gillian wrote in his petition to the court, “I am constantly being harassed by members of this person’s school as well as fans of his school.”
He claims the Christian deity, the football player and the president of the U.S. use gang violence to harass him.
“I feel as though Jesus is a gang leader using music, food [and] sex to buy gang members and has physically had me assaulted on two occasions at my place of employment,” Gilliand said.
Police officers outside the former Alachua County courthouse said they’ve seen Gilliand come in several times last week and believe he is homeless.
They declined further comment.
His petitions were denied.
But while Jesus was let off the hook, Gilliand has filed an affidavit to ask the court to reconsider his request for a restraining order against the president and Tebow.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
And people wonder why I bailed out of Gainesville so quickly after graduating college.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
C'mon, E-94, this is the GOOD stuff...if only the news was dominated by the crazed, inadvertently funny crap, as opposed to--what? The the crazed, inadvertently frustrating and depressing?
Anyway, the big question is, what if he can get any of these "individuals" to "appear"? And which one would cause the biggest stir? (Don't answer too quickly; John Lennon got himself into deep doodoo years ago by answering just this sort of question way too honestly...)

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
TT gets first passing TD

[YOUTUBE][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i8zez7Qypw"]YouTube - Tim Tebow's First NFL passing TD vs the Chiefs (in regular season)[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
I want to see more Tebow. We see a lot of Bradford, McCoy, and Clausen.
Well Peter King sees more play time for him......
Look for more Tebow in the coming weeks.
Nearly lost in the Broncos' 49-29 rout of the Chiefs: the emergence of Tim Tebow as a passer and runner. Tebow's not going to replace Kyle Orton anytime soon, and he probably doesn't have a chance to do so, rightfully, until 2012; that's how good Orton has been. But Tebow ran for a one-yard score in the second quarter Sunday, then threw a three-yard touchdown pass to Spencer Larson in the third quarter, a long-awaited first NFL pass from Tebow.
Talked to Denver coach Josh McDaniels last night, and he said, "The package for Tim will continue to grow, and we'll expand it. We like what we've seen in him, a lot. We've had more than a few [passes] in for him in the past few weeks, and we just got a chance to use one today.''
A good day for the Broncos, and a needed good day, happened because Orton was able to pummel the Chiefs secondary early -- he threw three touchdown passes in the first quarter -- and keep Kansas City on its heels. "We wanted to throw the football so we could run later,'' McDaniels said. And it worked.
ORIGIN......
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...onday-morning-qb-week-10/1.html#ixzz15SfakJCr

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
A different viewpoint.
It's done. And what's done is done. When your a fan of a team that is 3-9, on the cusp of losing double-digit games for the first time in, well, who the hell knows how long, there can be some tension. There has been, on this site and all across Broncos Country. I hope today's news of the firing of Josh McDaniels can heal some of that. I hope, no matter what the Broncos decide to do in the future we can all support the new coach/staff and whomever else is replaced form Day 1 with as much energy as some have recently called for McDaniels head. That's not a knock, but I believe in karma and this team had very little going for it recently. We need all the good feelings we can get.
I try not to dwell on the past, even the kind that is less that 60 minutes old. Of course the McDaniels news will be talked about for weeks and months to come, but we can't dwell on his moves any more. We must move on. We must be more productive. When Pat Bowlen summoned Josh McDaniels into his office at 4:10PM mt this afternoon to relieve him of his duties that is what he did.
The future begins today.
star-divide.v5e9d7f1.jpg

So why now? I think question has a relatively easy answer. In fact, I was writing about the subject when the news broke. The time to start Tim Tebow has come. The Broncos were officially eliminated from playoff contention yesterday. At 3-9, the team is headed for a high draft pick. Who knows how things bounce the rest of the season - it could be Top-5 or Top-3. That puts them at least in the conversation for a QB in the Draft, especially with Stanford QB Andrew Luck sitting there. The Broncos have had some luck with quarterbacks from Stanford in the past.
That means they need to know NOW what Tim Tebow is and what he might be. Don't get me wrong. This isn't about wins and losses. This isn't about a shot in the arm for the team. This is purely about giving Tim Tebow the treatment that every starting QB gets. All the reps in practice. All the film study. Have him start a game. See how he does. See how he adjusts. Then, after the game, see how he learns from his mistakes. Go through the entire process against.
The Broncos have 4 games remaining. Two road games and two at home. They are playing some bad teams and they are playing some teams still in playoff contention. It would be the perfect time to give Tebow a look, and let's be honest - from the Broncos' front office perspective it would be good for business and when the playoffs aren't an option you need something.
Josh McDaniels addressed Tim Tebow and the prospects of playing him just hours before being fired:
"Well, I think (QB) Kyle Orton has had a good year. I think that's the case - I understand the question, but I also think that Tim has tried to do the best he can with the limited opportunities he's had in practice. So, you get your chances and your work your butt off and try to do that. But, I think that we're going to take a view about what's best for the team and consider that. We'll consider all things and if those things we think can help our football team be better down the stretch, then we're going to do them - no matter what position it is, no matter who it is. If we don't think that, then we'll make a different decision."
Pretty indecisive. And likely not the answer the Broncos' brass was looking for. Now is the perfect time to start Tebow. Obviously, McDaniels didn't feel this way. I trust he had his reasons, like, he didn't think Tebow was ready to play. In times like these, however, it doesn't matter. Sometimes you have to throw the baby into water to see if he will sink or swim.
I think We'll see Tebow on Sunday in Arizona and a heavy does of Knowshon Moreno. After that, let the coaching carousel begin. More on that later...
ORIGIN

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
IMO
The best thing that could happen to
mahxfahn-albums-gatorbait-picture97-tt.gif
would be if the Broncos went after "Chuckie" as their HC. I know Gruden has already said he is happy in the booth but he might see coaching the likes of Tim as a once in a lifetime chance, and besides he really likes TT.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
IMO
The best thing that could happen to
mahxfahn-albums-gatorbait-picture97-tt.gif
would be if the Broncos went after "Chuckie" as their HC. I know Gruden has already said he is happy in the booth but he might see coaching the likes of Tim as a once in a lifetime chance, and besides he really likes TT.

Problem is he doesn't like lefties (ask Chris Simms).

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Well he definitely felt positive about Simmms at first. Makes me wonder now about what he thinks of TT.
As proposed in another thread, what if Urban ends up in Denver now?

Escambia94

Urban cited family as a reason to resign. Going to the NFL and getting less time with family is not going to happen. More than likely, the new Denver coach will trade away Tebow so he can buy some defense.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm afraid this was bad news for TT--he needs (and apparently HAD) a patient coach who BELIEVES in him, values his "upside" and "intangibles", and will allow him to grow into what WE all know is his natural role, LEADER, in this case of a pro offense.
Now, an "old guard retread" head coach (you know who/what I'm talking about, and you KNOW they're out there waiting for just these openings) may come in and just "decide to cut his losses" (when we know it was a done deal the moment he was named) and trade him if he can, cut him if he has to.
Then would likely begin one of those career-that-might-have-beens, bouncing around the league for awhile, never getting a true shot or even a consistent learning environment, maybe a home of sorts up in Canada (Tim Tebow would TEAR APART the CFL! He'd end up a legend there...).
Now, if Gruden were to get one of these NFL head coaching jobs, things may turn out differently. I think he might jump at the chance to bring TT along slowly in his system, in that event. So his situation isn't hopeless--just insecure and uncertain. Of all the people who can and will take it all in stride, with confidence and optimism, it is Tim Tebow.

mjfan23

VIP Member
How does Tebow not get any snaps today!?!

A blowout game. Kyle Orton goes 19 for 41 with 3 picks and a QB rating of 27.

Escambia94

Agreed. What will it take for us to see Tebow? Maybe he's ready, maybe he's not. Now is the time to figure out.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Tim Tebow takes most snaps in practice

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Tim Tebow is getting more snaps at practice with starter Kyle Orton nursing bruised ribs and the rookie might even get his first extended action of the season when the Denver Broncos visit the Oakland Raiders this weekend.
Orton sat out practice Wednesday and interim coach Eric Studesville met with quarterbacks coach Ben McDaniels to determine how much, if any, he'll be able to participate in Thursday's practice.
In his absence, Tebow has been taking the bulk of the snaps with third quarterback Brady Quinn getting some work, too.
Tebow, who former coach Josh McDaniels selected in the first round of the draft, has made only cameo appearances this season and thrown just one pass so far, a 3-yard TD toss to Spencer Larsen against the Kansas City Chiefs on Oct. 14.
ORIGIN....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema