• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Outback Bowl: Florida Gators vs Penn State Nittany Lions

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Man, the sun just came out on Gator Nation. I mean, when I moan about a "miracle play" and GET ONE, I get the feeling this might turn out to be Year 1 of "The Return of the Gator" after all!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(You weren't alone on that one, E-, but here's another pick to "Pick" you up!)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
For anyone that Tweets, be sure to drop @CoachUrbanMeyer a goodbye message.

I'm too drunk to cry. I can't quit you, Urban! (Brokebutt Mountain reference)

Escambia94

Man, the sun just came out on Gator Nation. I mean, when I moan about a "miracle play" and GET ONE, I get the feeling this might turn out to be Year 1 of "The Return of the Gator" after all!

The sun is not done shining on the flagship university of the Sunshine State.

In related news, it has been "confirmed" by almost a dozen sources that Cheeseburger Charlie is joining Will Boomer MusCHOMP on the Gator staff!

Let's soak in the win, for it makes the pain of five losses this year feel much better. Throw in the "frosting" of a very bright outlook in the next couple years. Not in 2011 per se, but in 2011 and beyond.

It's great to be a Florida Gator!

G8RB8R

VIP Member
This was a near disaster for the SEC EAST....do you guys realize that the Gators are the only team from the SEC East to win it's bowl game so far? Everyone else has lost. Kentucky has yet to play, so that could change, but right now, as bad as things have been, we are still

THE BEAST OF THE EAST!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Is that right? The Gators scored the last 20 points over the last 17 minutes?
This actually makes the point that I've suspected all season: with leadership and consistency on and OFF (as in COACHING) the field THIS season's team could have been fairly successful--not BCS championship-caliber, of course, but maybe 10-win-good with a SHOT at one of the BCS also-ran-games in a closely-fought chance against SOW...Ahh, but to HELL with might-of-beens: Time to close the book on Chapter and EDITION of the Urban Meyer-led Gators...
"The King is dead--LONG LIVE THE KING!" Welcome to CHOMP-TIME--EAT 'EM UP GATORS IN 2011!!!

Escambia94

Want to know the secret to getting 20 points in 17 minutes? Limited action by Johnny Brantley! Seriously, guys. We all know the issue. A key ingredient in most winning football players is fire. JB4 does not have it. Plain and simple. Call it mojo. Call it cajones. Call it GATOR PRIDE. JB4 is a loyal football player, but not a good quarterback. Sometimes the truth hurts. I can remember in high school when my coach said that I was not good enough to be the starter. I moved on.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I get your point, and agree with your assessment, E-. Said pretty well the same (only with even more dismissive edge) on another thread just a few minutes ago--probably while you were posting HERE!

Escambia94

Sorry. The wife and kids are at practice, so I am stuck at home posting here. Probably double-posting a LOT.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That wasn't criticism...more like, "great minds think alike". Ha!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema