• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Florida State @ Florida - 11/26

Florida Gators -

• win big

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • lose in a close match

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is exactly the kind of thing that starts to happen when bad teams fall apart--especially when one whole portion of the team is letting the other down, and that other 1/2-team must try to over-compensate.
How can I stress how disgusted I am with the individual ultimately responsible for ALL of this? As far as I can see, this game rips away all illusions as to where our problems are on the coaching staff--I HAD hoped that those many "cracks" were personnel-related, but the last few weeks had slowly forced a re-evaluation, and TONIGHT has just hit me over the HEAD with what was once a "growing suspicion" but is NOW a crashing revelation: Our OC is AGAIN our "coaching-curse"! I wish we COULD lose Weis like we just "lost" Brantley earlier.
Our defense, poor guys, are doing everything THEY can in the face of NO help keeping them off the field for a breather at LEAST--they WILL begin to wear down soon, and THEN the BLOW OUT will come, but remember, IT IS NOT THE DEFENSE'S FAULT, not tonight, not this time.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
How about a good ole SWAMP Chant, "GO AWAY WEIS! GO AWAY WEIS!"? Or even BETTER: "F*CK OFF FATMAN! F*CK OFF FATMAN!" (When ya lose ME, ya lose me COMPLETELY!)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The same old plays, no matter what. We changed NOTHING, we added NOTHING for this game...and I don't want to hear, "Well, we were held back by having to put the freshman QB in there..."--that's what I DON'T like about Brisset, who seems to be slow-on-the-uptake when it comes to the playbook AND checking-down out there, (Aw shoot--another dropped INT--our only hope here) and what I DO prefer about Driskel, who I think is smarter AND is definitely a better field-general, when he DOES get in.
Man, if it weren't for The Bust (that will henceforth be my name for Brantley--a WASTED 2 years at the QB-position), PLUS that TERRIBLE 4th-and-4 INCHES inside the redzone, it's US with the lead...instead, I have to listen to the Warchant inside the Swamp whenever the sound is on?
(Meanwhile, the offensive debacle continues: Long pass, receiver open but DOESN'T TURN AROUND! "Hey, sh*t-for-brains, why do ya think you're out there RUNNING that route?!!" One more series, and that's IT, m-g...sorry, but 6 oz. of cognac haven't even CUT the pain and angry disgust, man...)

miltongator

Gator Fan
The same old plays, no matter what. We changed NOTHING, we added NOTHING for this game...and I don't want to hear, "Well, we were held back by having to put the freshman QB in there..."--that's what I DON'T like about Brisset, who seems to be slow-on-the-uptake when it comes to the playbook AND checking-down out there, (Aw shoot--another dropped INT--our only hope here) and what I DO prefer about Driskel, who I think is smarter AND is definitely a better field-general, when he DOES get in.
Man, if it weren't for The Bust (that will henceforth be my name for Brantley--a WASTED 2 years at the QB-position), PLUS that TERRIBLE 4th-and-4 INCHES inside the redzone, it's US with the lead...instead, I have to listen to the Warchant inside the Swamp whenever the sound is on?
(Meanwhile, the offensive debacle continues: Long pass, receiver open but DOESN'T TURN AROUND! "Hey, sh*t-for-brains, why do ya think you're out there RUNNING that route?!!" One more series, and that's IT, m-g...sorry, but 6 oz. of cognac haven't even CUT the pain and angry disgust, man...)
I feel your pain and am way ahead of you on the drinking to dull the pain front.

miltongator

Gator Fan
More great blocking by the O-Line results in a pick six.

I say fire the whole staff and start over. It can't be any worse.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
had brantley stayed on the bench for the whole game maybe we'd actually stand a chance.
Exactly...u still hangin' in here too, SB? I'm about ready to go back to watching the "Firefly" Marathon over on the Science Channel--even though I've seen 'em all AND have 'em DVR'd!
We are NOT going to score tonight--we HAD our one drive and blew it. This team, with Brantley starting and now with Brisset doing NOTHING but Charlie stubbornly staying with him no matter what is going NOWHERE. We're still running the same futile plays with the same futile results. My big fears now are that we'll lose out on some recruots watching this mess, the very playmakers on offense that we NEED to rebuild that squad, and we're stuck with the same OC running the same, unchanged offensive scheme for another whole, useless YEAR.
I think we may very well lose Driskel after this game as well--he HAS to feel that he isn't getting a fair shot at the job--because he ISN'T, and I wouldn't BLAME him for feeling that way OR leaving...I just wish they would FORE Weis NOW, bring in someone young and hungry, a better match for Muschamp AND the team. I admit I've come a long way quickly on this, but when it comes to the Gators and their health and well-being AS A PROGRAM, once I recognize a fundamental problem that can either make or break us if addressed or NOT addressed, I just cut to the solution--and let the pieces fall where they may. (Brisset has NOTHING--at what point in a game like this one do you PLAY your other available players?)
OOPS--I saw THAT coming! 21-to-0. Just keeps getting better.
We suck--because Brisset sucks, and JB sucked, but most of all, WEIS SUCKS BIG ONES!!! Good Night my friends.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Aw, man...all interceptions, all STUPIDLY chosen, BADLY thrown balls--and they're going to be the difference in this game...oh, they'll probably get some more scores now as our gutless-wonders fold in on themselves--I mean , the defense CAN'T be out there ALL the time and not end up getting tired and done IN--and it'll LOOK like "they beat us in every phase of the game", but this time it is CLEARLY on our OC--now Rainey's down and out...think about it: Weis' foolish gameplan and play-calling has destroyed his whole 1st string offense, and STILL he kept running the same guys, in the same formations and the same plays--I still support Muschamp, but he has GOT to take a look at this and see it for what it IS--and realize that HE may not have more than another year, 2 at-the-MOST, to get this thing turned around; he can't AFFORD to "see if Weis turns out to have 'it' after all". The Head Coach HAS the defense heading in the right direction DESPITE all the same problems in depth, injuries and character-issues that Weis had. He can't "wait'n'see", not if he waits until after NEXT season to evaluate-and-change OCs--he'll have been through one more "unacceptable outcome" and be depending on a completely NEW OC and HIS philosophy to turn things around, and probably won't get that 2nd year with that offense to really show "the complete package"--'cause he'll be GONE.
Even with the sound off, I can't WATCH my big-screen full of garnet-and-gold making that chopping motion in the SWAMP. This whole display was, in every way, the "worst case scenario". I go to finish this bottle and attack my girlfriend, not nec. in that order. We'll talk again, Gators...

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I could not get my Christmas tree up. Too drunk. Turned on the game. Want more booze.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(PS It occurs to me that it is worth posing these questions to y'all, the Gators with whom I feel the closest kinship--not least because we have, in effect, gone through this whole traumatic gauntlet-of-a-season together:
DOES Weis deserve another SEASON in charge of our offense? How long does Muschamp give him, and what ARE the minimum results that he OUGHT to require? When is the deadline for reaching that "minimum level-of-competence"? If not already there, when/where does he draw the line? What level of loyalty and/or practical-patience does he OWE Weis? Perhaps more importantly (and certainly more to-the-point), what does he owe the Gator program, fans, and HIMSELF?...it's his @$$ on the line, in the end, after all.)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Weis gets at least one more year to establish his system with players he recruited. He may get two more years.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema