• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Florida State @ Florida - 11/26

Florida Gators -

• win big

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • lose in a close match

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So... not worth downloading, then?
Oh GOD, no: Our "D" is coming around and once again played "good enough to win" (they were really very good, on the whole--and that's with having lost several more starters to injury along the way again in this one, including promising freshman Kitchens, who was taken away on a back-board-stretcher in an ambulance, awake but not moving his limbs), but that performance, and the game, literally THROWN away by Brantley (2 terrible throws-for-picks) in the first half and Brisset (after Brantley knocked out of game--thankfully, from our POV--with one HORRIBLE-in-every-way throw) in the SECOND. I don't think I can really do justice to describing just HOW bad this offense WAS tonight: Weis HAS to take the ultimate responsibility for an offense so inept, so ill-prepared both in terms of its scheme coming into the game, and its inability to react and respond, HIS failure to adapt HIS gameplan and/or play-calling to the situation at hand. On our one sustained drive--one more than the OTHER team's offense managed all night, BTW--we drove DEEP down into the redzone, had it literally 4th-and-inches, and Weis runs Brantley of all people (again, part of his ongoing stubborn refusal to use what EVERYONE knows are our best power-weapons, Joyer, Gillissley, and/or Burton) into the middle, whereupon he bounces back as if hitting a wall, twists away to try too run back and around the pursuit,, and LOSES 14 yeards--on 4th-and-INCHES!!!
If it's 0-to-0 there as it SHOULD have been, we take the 3 pts. and later on maybe are playing for a pitcher's duel-type score at the end. Instead, Brantley (heretofore to be referred to as "The Bust"--after wasting 2 YEARS at the key position on offense, after being essentially Meyer's choice over Cam Newton when the chips were down 3 years ago, and finally encapsulating his whole damn career in this one performance, right here at the end, when it all really counted for something, I am no longer inclined to be generous-of-spirit in my final evaluation of him) basically gave it away in the first half--Weis-The-Master-Quarterback-Mentor having not exactly "gotten-the-job-done"--on the Senior or EITHER of the freshmen--and in his narrow-minded-arrogance and stubborness may well be in-the-process of blowing our FUTURE at that position, through spring and into NEXT season, as thoroughly as he did our present one.
There. Now you don't NEED to download it: you've got a pretty detailed sketch of the game now--anger, bitterness, impatience, frustration and ALL.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yes, Charlie Weis is EVERY Gator-opponent's potential MVP, it would seem...

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
Actually, it was "Charlie Weis".

DRU for this first time I got disagree with both of our comments. The MVP for FSU is the WHOLE STINKING LOT OF THEM Weis included....."THE OFFENSE"

Honestly DRU if I would of been on Defense I would of just took the bench. I would of got sick to my stomach defending for NOTHING.... Sad but true Sir. I've been preaching all yr. there's been NO LEADER on offense Now I've come to the verdict there's not even a Offensive team to Defend period. This isn't anger,Drinking, or Drugs speaking. THIS IS TRUTH. If we put them (the AWfense) in a bag we wouldn't have a good bag of $#it.......
Sorry for the words but if the shoe fits wear it.

mjfan23

VIP Member
Defense has a bright side.

No clue whats going on with this offense.

When Charlie was hired, I was pumped, I expected biggg things. I dont know what to expect anymore? Frustrating season.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
DRU for this first time I got disagree with both of our comments. The MVP for FSU is the WHOLE STINKING LOT OF THEM Weis included.....

Honestly DRU if I would of been on Defense I would of just took the bench. I would of got sick to my stomach defending for NOTHING.... Sad but true Sir. I've been preaching all yr. there's been NO LEADER on offense Now I've come to the verdict there's not even a Offensive team to Defend period. This isn't anger,Drinking, or Drugs speaking. THIS IS TRUTH. If we put them (the AWfense) in a bag we wouldn't have a good bag of $#it.......
Sorry for the words but if the shoe fits wear it.
I won't argue with you, SP--I can't really find fault with ANYTHING you say here: had I been a member of that defensive squad I would have felt the same way--I practically did ANYWAY, just as a fan at HOME!...I was just trying to be a glib smart-@$$ there ANYWAY--my way of dealing with the ongoing pain and frustration, generally and specifically in the course of that debacle.
However, in the larger scheme-of-things, I HAVE come to feel the greatest portion of our failures do indeed rest on the shoulders of our OC, his competence and resulting decisions. I have lost all confidence in both his ongoing skills and adaptability, his likelihood of being able to change and show all-important FLEXIBILITY: to adapt and evolve his thinking, and how that manifests itself in practical terms on the field over time, into the future. If he will not "improve himself", will not even consider that he should, how can we ever expect his offense to change for the better, over time?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema