• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I'm Back On The "Fire Addazio" Bandwagon

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
blame addazio all you want, but we made a lot of mistakes tonight - and that isn't the coaches' fault.

i would have to politely disagree. Coaches have a responsibility to put you in the best position to win the game. I don't think they did that. I think the preparation was lackluster, play calling was well lets just say horrible gives it too much credit, defense played bad the first half, we still cant get these dang snaps figured out. Whats makes it worse is that we all see what is going on and most of us aint exactly football scholars but it's too dang obvious to the common person. Again meyer seems to put friends above this team and its gonna cost us big time. Two years and bama buts up 30. Play calling looks the same as last years game. I put this one on the coaches. Why i didn't expect to blow bama out i did expect them to compete which they have not.meyer is not putting the best athletes on the field period. Hes putting seniors on who he feels are loyal. Hes continues use coaches who cant call plays because he's loyal.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
i would have to politely disagree. Coaches have a responsibility to put you in the best position to win the game. I don't think they did that. I think the preparation was lackluster, play calling was well lets just say horrible gives it too much credit, defense played bad the first half, we still cant get these dang snaps figured out. Whats makes it worse is that we all see what is going on and most of us aint exactly football scholars but it's too dang obvious to the common person. Again meyer seems to put friends above this team and its gonna cost us big time. Two years and bama buts up 30. Play calling looks the same as last years game. I put this one on the coaches. Why i didn't expect to blow bama out i did expect them to compete which they have not.meyer is not putting the best athletes on the field period. Hes putting seniors on who he feels are loyal. Hes continues use coaches who cant call plays because he's loyal.

I must agree to disagree; you're upset as I am with this game, but I refuse to make a scapegoat out of the coaches. Seems everything's happy and shiny after a win, but when things aren't going well the coaches are an easy scapegoat. We made a LOT of mistakes tonight and the players are to blame for that.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
i must agree to disagree; you're upset as i am with this game, but i refuse to make a scapegoat out of the coaches. Seems everything's happy and shiny after a win, but when things aren't going well the coaches are an easy scapegoat. We made a lot of mistakes tonight and the players are to blame for that.

all though i am upset i am a realist. I didn't expect to blow them out. I was optimistic at even getting a win. I wanted to see a team compete. If you read my post in the past i have always said meyer has not put thew best athletes on the field. He puts his seniors in. He has not tries to change oc. There is something terribly wrong with our offense. Our receivers are not getting a chance to shine. Pouncey cant snap the ball. Our line is seasoned and supposed to be a strong point. Putting players in the best opportunity to win is part of coaching and i feel at this point in time our coaches have not done this in my opinion. Brantley is still throwing high balls. He still checks down to short routes too much. Im not sure if he can read a defense and he has been at florida for 4 years. Thats a lot of time to learn defenses and perfect the offense. I still believe next year will be our year but i still think we should be good enough to compete against anyone and i have not seen that all year.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
all though i am upset i am a realist. I didn't expect to blow them out. I was optimistic at even getting a win. I wanted to see a team compete. If you read my post in the past i have always said meyer has not put thew best athletes on the field. He puts his seniors in. He has not tries to change oc. There is something terribly wrong with our offense. Our receivers are not getting a chance to shine. Pouncey cant snap the ball. Our line is seasoned and supposed to be a strong point. Putting players in the best opportunity to win is part of coaching and i feel at this point in time our coaches have not done this in my opinion. Brantley is still throwing high balls. He still checks down to short routes too much. Im not sure if he can read a defense and he has been at florida for 4 years. Thats a lot of time to learn defenses and perfect the offense. I still believe next year will be our year but i still think we should be good enough to compete against anyone and i have not seen that all year.

It takes time for a young team to mature, but blaming everything that goes wrong on the coaches is foolish and is a cop-out. Maturity is something the coaches can't teach these kids; experience brings that about. The coaches have taught these kids over and over again to execute the right way; they can't hold their hands all the time.

It's so easy to point fingers at somebody else and make somebody else a scapegoat when one screws up; it takes a strong person to admit they made a mistake and be accountable for what they did wrong. When Tim Tebow made "The Promise" speech in 2008, did he point fingers? Of course he didn't.

I only wish some of our fans would be a little more patient with this team and lower their expectations a bit.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
it takes time for a young team to mature, but blaming everything that goes wrong on the coaches is foolish and is a cop-out. Maturity is something the coaches can't teach these kids; experience brings that about. The coaches have taught these kids over and over again to execute the right way; they can't hold their hands all the time.

It's so easy to point fingers at somebody else and make somebody else a scapegoat when one screws up; it takes a strong person to admit they made a mistake and be accountable for what they did wrong. When tim tebow made "the promise" speech in 2008, did he point fingers? Of course he didn't.

I only wish some of our fans would be a little more patient with this team and lower their expectations a bit.

don't know how much longer we can keep using the same 5 plays on offense over and over again. (dive, option, dive, wild cat, sweep, and sometimes a pass or two) i think we all have patients but if something is broke the smart thing to do is fix it not let it play itself out and hope it fixes itself. I understand freshman will make mistakes but so far out biggest killers are pouncey and thompson both seniors. If the point is to let them play and keep making mistakes for the year why not give the freshman the same opportunity to be on the field and make mistakes. If thats the point then we are not playing for this year and i am ok with that. Just get the freshman in there too to grow. Seniors wont be there next year.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
don't know how much longer we can keep using the same 5 plays on offense over and over again. (dive, option, dive, wild cat, sweep, and sometimes a pass or two) i think we all have patients but if something is broke the smart thing to do is fix it not let it play itself out and hope it fixes itself. I understand freshman will make mistakes but so far out biggest killers are pouncey and thompson both seniors. If the point is to let them play and keep making mistakes for the year why not give the freshman the same opportunity to be on the field and make mistakes. If thats the point then we are not playing for this year and i am ok with that. Just get the freshman in there too to grow. Seniors wont be there next year.

"Freshman mistakes" can't be blamed on the coaches.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
"freshman mistakes" can't be blamed on the coaches.

agree but what about seniors and juniors. Lets say snaps for instincts. What would be the best fix for that? What about a consistent hard running back? Or a go to wide receiver? Or a " strong offensive line? " last time a checked be have juniors and seniors in them positions who seem to make the same mistakes all year not just this game but all year. How about defensive ends who can get a good pass rush? Just curious.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
agree but what about seniors and juniors. Lets say snaps for instincts. What would be the best fix for that? What about a consistent hard running back? Or a go to wide receiver? Or a " strong offensive line? " last time a checked be have juniors and seniors in them positions who seem to make the same mistakes all year not just this game but all year. How about defensive ends who can get a good pass rush? Just curious.

What would YOU suggest? Who do you think could do a better job coaching this team than Coach Meyer?

The Zooker

VIP Member
Execution is a major problem. I agree with that. But I think it would be a mistake to overlook our poor offensive game plan we showed up with. It was the same game plan that Alabama stuffs week in and week out. Arkansas finally exposed their secondary and what do we do? Dive, dive, dive. Nobody in the nation has been able to run the ball on Alabama for three years now. Why would we try it again? Going back to execution, the biggest execution issue is with the snap. How much longer can we blame Pouncey. We all know he can't snap the ball. He knows he can't snap the ball. The only person that hasn't figured this out yet is Addazio. Yet he keeps Pouncey at center. Loyalty to your seniors and team leaders is one thing. Being bull headed and preventing your offense from developing a rhythm is another. Brantley will never be a solid QB if he doesn't trust his center. He doesn't trust Pouncey. Pouncey has to be moved over but Addazio will never do it.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Execution is a major problem. I agree with that. But I think it would be a mistake to overlook our poor offensive game plan we showed up with. It was the same game plan that Alabama stuffs week in and week out. Arkansas finally exposed their secondary and what do we do? Dive, dive, dive. Nobody in the nation has been able to run the ball on Alabama for three years now. Why would we try it again? Going back to execution, the biggest execution issue is with the snap. How much longer can we blame Pouncey. We all know he can't snap the ball. He knows he can't snap the ball. The only person that hasn't figured this out yet is Addazio. Yet he keeps Pouncey at center. Loyalty to your seniors and team leaders is one thing. Being bull headed and preventing your offense from developing a rhythm is another. Brantley will never be a solid QB if he doesn't trust his center. He doesn't trust Pouncey. Pouncey has to be moved over but Addazio will never do it.

If Pouncey can't snap the ball the right way, the only person to blame is Pouncey himself - it's not Addazio's fault.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Somewhat agree. Demote Addazzio, and open the OC job for competition. Work more Burton in, because JB is not as good as his preseason hype. He's good, but not that good.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
if pouncey can't snap the ball the right way, the only person to blame is pouncey himself - it's not addazio's fault.

yes it is. Thats like saying " hey that qb cant throw but thats his fault his coach starts him ". I seriously doubt pouncey or any other player would ever want to demote or move himself. He moved to center to become a better overall lineman for the nfl. Its very obvious he cant accomplish that. He is a very athletic gifted kid but center is not in his future. Couches should recognize that and move him to his natural position.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
yes it is. Thats like saying " hey that qb cant throw but thats his fault his coach starts him ". I seriously doubt pouncey or any other player would ever want to demote or move himself. He moved to center to become a better overall lineman for the nfl. Its very obvious he cant accomplish that. He is a very athletic gifted kid but center is not in his future. Couches should recognize that and move him to his natural position.

Pouncey's been taught over and over again how to snap the ball correctly - if he still can't do that right, it's HIS problem - NOT Addazio's problem.

Again, we're not talking about the NFL - we're talking college football. Let's not put the cart before the horse.

jamestoney84

Gator Fan
Pouncey's been taught over and over again how to snap the ball correctly - if he still can't do that right, it's HIS problem - NOT Addazio's problem.

Again, we're not talking about the NFL - we're talking college football. Let's not put the cart before the horse.

in any other position, quarterback throws multiple interceptions game after game, wide receiver drops passes game after game, running back fumbles game after game, they get taken out and REPLACED. It is in coaches' realm to take move Pouncey to his natural position and put in someone who can snap the ball consistently.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
in any other position, quarterback throws multiple interceptions game after game, wide receiver drops passes game after game, running back fumbles game after game, they get taken out and REPLACED. It is in coaches' realm to take move Pouncey to his natural position and put in someone who can snap the ball consistently.

Part of the problem where the QB throws interceptions may lie with the O-line, but the other part lies with his field judgment skills. One of those INT's Brantley threw tonight was just plain STUPID, and nobody but John Brantley is to blame for that bad judgment call.

The coaches can't hold the running backs' hands and help them hold onto the ball on each play - they've been taught proper ball handling in practice and it's up to them to do it the right way.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
part of the problem where the qb throws interceptions may lie with the o-line, but the other part lies with his field judgment skills. One of those int's brantley threw tonight was just plain stupid, and nobody but john brantley is to blame for that bad judgment call.

The coaches can't hold the running backs' hands and help them hold onto the ball on each play - they've been taught proper ball handling in practice and it's up to them to do it the right way.

meyer has benched several running backs because they could not hold on to the ball. He benches players because they can't learn the right plays or deems then " not ready" yes it is pounceys problem that he can't learn how to do it. Its the coaches problem to allow a kid to continue hurt his offense. Brantley did make some bad int throws and it is his fault. Some of them plays he was rushed or pressured. There is a big difference in learning how to snap a ball and getting game day experience. Didn't brantley throw his first interception last week. Thats like comparing apples to oranges my friend.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
meyer has benched several running backs because they could not hold on to the ball. He benches players because they can't learn the right plays or deems then " not ready" yes it is pounceys problem that he can't learn how to do it. Its the coaches problem to allow a kid to continue hurt his offense. Brantley did make some bad int throws and it is his fault. Some of them plays he was rushed or pressured. There is a big difference in learning how to snap a ball and getting game day experience. Didn't brantley throw his first interception last week. Thats like comparing apples to oranges my friend.

The coaches are NOT to blame for Pouncey's bad snaps! If he still can't execute after he has been taught how to do it, the blame's on HIM - not his coaches.

Yes, we have benched players for poor gametime performance and I would expect Moody not to see much time on the field next weekend against LSU for several errors he made tonight. Let's just hope that Gillislee and Demps are 100% next Saturday as we need them in the backfield.

I still refuse to throw 100% of the blame on the coaches for this teams' mediocre performance - after all, we're not dealing with a pee-wee team here; we're dealing with an FBS college team that recruits only the best of the best. After all these years, these kids should have the fundamentals down pat - NO EXCUSES.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema