• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I'm Back On The "Fire Addazio" Bandwagon

The Zooker

VIP Member
Dan Mullen in response to Addazio getting booed:

“Now that I’m gone, the Florida fans like me more than when I was there, that’s for sure.”

Yes, that is for sure.

The Zooker

VIP Member
There are two teams in the SEC running the same offense -- UF and Miss State. Addazio has the Gator athletes ranked 96th in the nation for offensive production. Mullen has the Bulldog athletes ranked 38th in the nation. In other words, Addazio has athletes that are three times better than Mullen's, but the Bulldogs are playing three times better than our Gators. Something is wrong.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It's ridiculous. If you STILL needed proof this isn't the same Urban Meyer, and that "this guy" just doesn't really CARE the way he used to, the consistently unreliable offense that "earned" its 96th ranking should do it. He keeps making excuses for it and reiterating his confidence in Addazio et all, instead of getting PISSED and making changes.
It's not our record that are the REAL warning signs, it's the lack of any sign of passion, no well-warranted shake ups, no sense of time-a-wasting--just excuses, explanations and bland support of "staying on track", "trying to get better", "eliminating mistakes" and so on.
When you realize that our Head Coach isn't especially concerned, has no plan or intention of stepping in to make changes, doesn't even acknowledge that changes MUST be made, THEN you must face the hard reality:
Our program is floundering, has already started its slide from greatness, and our Head Coach isn't going to do a thing to stop it. Why that is is another question entirely, a complex one that may be examined and discussed by others elsewhere. It is beside the point here:
WE NEED A NEW HEAD COACH, and soon! I'm sorry, that is the case, and despite my long and staunch support for Urban Meyer, that is the reality and I will not avoid it any longer.
My loyalty is NOT to any person or regime but to the Florida GATORS--the team of student-athletes that represents the University of Florida.
NO one is above the program. It is time a lot of you out there remember that. Beyond our thanks for the work and success so far, none us owe ANYTHING to Urban Meyer going forward once he breaks trust with us, as I believe he now has.
His loyalty and sense of honor go to Steve Addazio over all else, it seems--never mind the University's millions and the trust of A.D. Foley and ALL OF GATOR NATION, not to mention all the young men he recruited and made promises to. When you step back and consider it all, the selfishness and SELF-RIGHTEOUS arrogance of it is pretty amazing.
When all is said and done, I don't CARE what the reasons are. Last January he told us he was staying for the good of the program AND all the people who depend on him. Only the first one is relevant to all of us. If only the SECOND are keeping him here now, as I suspect, then CLEARLY it is time to go...and J. Foley must do HIS job if Coach Meyer won't himself do what is right.
The timing will be tricky, and it'll be hard no matter what--but this is a true case of "The sooner the better", within reason of course...the process of folks coming to see and accept the necessity, quietly putting out feelers, choosing and getting "our guy" at the earliest moment possible--and in a way that minimally compromises all concerned's sense of honor and image. It will require a heavy hand AND a light touch; fortunately, in J. Foley UF has just the A.D. who can and WILL handle it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema