• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I'm Back On The "Fire Addazio" Bandwagon

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
All of the Swamp will join in--but will it only make Urban angry and more stubbornly loyal? It's not as if he is unaware of how the fans feels about this by now--that's part of what makes this all so groaningly frustrating, that there seems no way to cut through the BS, get through to our Head Coach!
Only one person can say it to Urban Meyer and have him not only listen, but take it seriously, and that is Foley. This is another key moment in Foley's OWN career. He will have to be tough, unemotional, the protector of the Gator present and future, if Meyer WON'T be--and he needs to find that out NOW.

LostaStep

Gator Fan
Might we ask who you are if you played under addazio???????
I played defense but Addazio was the special teams coach when I was there so I got to witness the genius firsthand.

Look, I'm still gonna support the team. I just don't think Addazio is the right guy for that OC job.

It's like comparing Meyer to Zook. Zook was a nice guy and generally pretty likeable. He's the kind of person you'd like to grab a beer with. However, when it came game time, Zook was very unsure of himself and would basically get nervous on the sidelines (and call plays like he was nervous and scared).

Coach Meyer is very different. He's a pretty weird guy who you don't even want to have a conversation with, generally. However, he's an amazing X's and O's guy. If you'd sat with this guy during his punt team and punt block team sessions, you'd know that he is some kind of football genius at that stuff. He's also very intense and extremely cocky, which directly translates to your players and coaching staff during a tense moment in a game. You're confident because he's confident, etc.

Which leads back to my main point that some people are better suited to be in charge of things, and other people (Addazio) should just stick to OL coach and kickoff return. He's in over his head.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Sorry to nitpick lostastep but looking at Addazio's wikipedia page (yes he has one) he was a special teams coach only at Notre Dame though it sounds like you were there to play for both Zook and Meyer. Did you play the 2006 team?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I played defense but Addazio was the special teams coach when I was there so I got to witness the genius firsthand.

Look, I'm still gonna support the team. I just don't think Addazio is the right guy for that OC job.

It's like comparing Meyer to Zook. Zook was a nice guy and generally pretty likeable. He's the kind of person you'd like to grab a beer with. However, when it came game time, Zook was very unsure of himself and would basically get nervous on the sidelines (and call plays like he was nervous and scared).

Coach Meyer is very different. He's a pretty weird guy who you don't even want to have a conversation with, generally. However, he's an amazing X's and O's guy. If you'd sat with this guy during his punt team and punt block team sessions, you'd know that he is some kind of football genius at that stuff. He's also very intense and extremely cocky, which directly translates to your players and coaching staff during a tense moment in a game. You're confident because he's confident, etc.

Which leads back to my main point that some people are better suited to be in charge of things, and other people (Addazio) should just stick to OL coach and kickoff return. He's in over his head.

I will assume you are who you say you are and ask for your opinion. Is Loeffler the right kind of guy? Maybe you did not play with him, but what is your impression based on what you know of the guy? Or, is it time to recruit an OC from outside the inner sanctum of Urban Meyer's corps of coaching assistants?

The Zooker

VIP Member

The Zooker and Addazio are a perfect match. The players love them, awesome recruiters, great motivators, terrible at X's and O's. Which is why Foley will probably have to be the one to get Addazio taken care of.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2...1136?p=1&tc=pg

"The Gators' offensive coordinator/offensive line coach has heard the criticism his line has taken this year and disagrees with the negativity directed toward his group.

"I feel great about my guys," Addazio said Tuesday. "I don't think Mike Pouncey has ever played any better than he's playing right now. I don't think Marcus Gilbert has ever played any better than he's playing right now."

------------------

Just when you thought Addazio couldn't possibly say anything more ridiculous.

The Zooker

VIP Member
A.C. Leonard (stud TE recruit) just decommitted after attending the LSU game. He's likely to go to Alabama now. I can't really blame him.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, there's bound to be more of this...it isn't so much what happens on the field that will kill recruiting--it's the confusion and self-delusion in the very people that these kids are considering playing for! Bad play just means an opportunity to play SOONER in the minds of top athletes; but if they sense weakness and/or questions at the top, they are GONE.

Escambia94

Maybe after a couple more de-commits Urban Meyer will step in? Nah. Here is the status of a couple Florida commits: http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/10694/ask-aschoff-1013/

Latroy Pittman
He said he’s starting to get a little worried about how the Gators look on offense. He thinks quarterback John Brantley is holding himself back and seems stressed in the pocket. Not to worry, Pittman said, he’s still committed to Florida and actually thinks he’ll be able to come in and help early.

Kelvin Benjamin
He wasn’t happy Florida lost and wasn’t impressed at all with the offense. However, he also thinks he can come in and compete early because he’s that bigger receiver the Gators are lacking.

Wadesboro, N.C., Anson linebacker Stephone Anthony and Danville, Kent., Boyle County linebacker Lamar Dawson both reportedly came away from their trips to The Swamp thinking they could help out very early in Gainesville.

What a lot of people have been concerned about is the affect the boos might have had on recruits. Honestly, they don’t care, and Pittman even said he understands why the fans booed. Recruits seemed to be more impressed by the passion Gator fans showed showed through the booing and cheering that alternated on the go-ahead drive in the fourth quarter. While some fans might be upset by the booing, it’s not something recruits really cared about.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Good thing the recruits don't care. Also for the big receiver well not many big receivers that can ran a 40 in 4.5 though the Gators do have one in Stephen Alli though hasn't seen much action.

The Zooker

VIP Member
Florida wouldn't even be ranked right now if it weren't for their reputation. That's a hard fact. Meyer needs to wake up. We have absolutely no quality wins right now. The two good teams we faced this year, we lost to. If we were any other program then we wouldn't be ranked. With the level of talent we have on the field right now, that is an absolute travesty. There is no way around it. There is a problem with the coaching. Changes have to be made or we will become the next FSU, trying desperately to gain legitimacy.

Escambia94

I'm torn between getting worked up over the recruits leaving/being worried OR notching this up to nitpicking because we can with all the exposure we get with the media. Ten years ago during the Spurrier years, or a few years ago under Zook, players saw subpar offense or defense and left, de-committed, or complained, but we did not have Twitter, the media, and constant coverage of the recruits.

Don't forget that we did go unranked a couple times in the past 20 years and we have looked uglier, but for the most part we got enough recruits to rebuild. There may come a time when I will look at the situation and say, "Crap. Not only is this the ugliest we have seen the Gators, but we are losing recruits left and right and we are screwed for the next five years!" I'm not there yet.

The Zooker

VIP Member
I'm torn between getting worked up over the recruits leaving/being worried OR notching this up to nitpicking because we can with all the exposure we get with the media. Ten years ago during the Spurrier years, or a few years ago under Zook, players saw subpar offense or defense and left, de-committed, or complained, but we did not have Twitter, the media, and constant coverage of the recruits.

Don't forget that we did go unranked a couple times in the past 20 years and we have looked uglier, but for the most part we got enough recruits to rebuild. There may come a time when I will look at the situation and say, "Crap. Not only is this the ugliest we have seen the Gators, but we are losing recruits left and right and we are screwed for the next five years!" I'm not there yet.

You said it yourself, we didn't have the media coverage we did back then. Right now every recruit can click on a web story about us having an offense ranked in the hundreds out of 120 FBS schools. They understand that we have been recruiting four and five star players consistently. And this is the production our coaches have been getting out of them. Like it or not, college football is now just a farm league for the NFL. High end recruits will join UF for the sole purpose of promoting their draft status. We can continue to recruit Jack-of-all-trades like Burton and be amazed at what they can do. Or we can fix our program and get the real recruits that specialize at each position. Addazio cannot bring that in. The stories are coming out already. Recruits are running away from Florida. Meyer has to step in or step down.

Escambia94

I hate to straddle the fence, but I will reserve judgement for the MSU game, where I can see it with my own eyes.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
What's really sad about all this is that Jeff Bowden's offenses, as bad as they were, were ranked higher than 96th in the country.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema