• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Greetings from a Sooner Fan

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
Free pass? What are you talking about? When talking about SEC football and who Florida has played, why in the world would anyone who follows SEC football think USC = the University of Southern California?

Bandwagon fan? What evidence do you say I or anyone else here is a bandwagon fan? If there's any reason for anyone to hate Gator fans (from my observation) it's not b/c we're bandwagon fans. Jean shorts, obnoxious, SEC homers, etc. sure. But bandwagon fans? Please.

Trust me, I have met plenty of bandwagon fans. I live in Kansas, you should see the gator gear all of the sudden popping up.

Jean Shorts? What is wrong with wearing a nice pair of jean shorts? I really do not care, but I am also older, so it does not bother me what the 20-somethings think of my fashion.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Trust me, I have met plenty of bandwagon fans. I live in Kansas, you should see the gator gear all of the sudden popping up.

Jean Shorts? What is wrong with wearing a nice pair of jean shorts? I really do not care, but I am also older, so it does not bother me what the 20-somethings think of my fashion.

Well, that's Kansas, but I've never been in Kansas during the college football season. I only speak for where I've lived and the message boards I frequent.

As for jean shorts, well...I guess you have to be a true SEC fan to understand what I'm referring to.

When you say OU's defense isn't USC, it would be easy to make a mistake and think you're referring to a relevant national title contender with the number 1 (statistically) defense in the country, and not the retirement home of Spurrier.

I'm sure South Carolina has fierce Defense, Spurrier is world renowned for his defensive prowess ;)

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Well he certainly has an eye for defensive coaching talent. Wouldn't you agree? He had "stoopsie" and Coach Strong on his staffs.:D

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
When you say OU's defense isn't USC, it would be easy to make a mistake and think you're referring to a relevant national title contender with the number 1 (statistically) defense in the country, and not the retirement home of Spurrier.

I'm sure South Carolina has fierce Defense, Spurrier is world renowned for his defensive prowess ;)

It's actually Ellis Johnson who controls South Carolina's defense. And yes, they are a great defense. However, I wouldn't expect you to know anyhting about football east of the Mississippi.

Well, this Gator fan has worn UF gear for a long time. Want some real fun? Wear a dual National championship leather jacket to work BEFORE the 'bama/Florida game, like I did. The Razorback fans (who by the way start the season wearing a lot of Arkansas gear and shed it as the losses mount) gave me a lot of static about that. Going to work after the SEC championship game was priceless. One contractor had spent the entire outage saying "Ole Miss" everytime I went to the break room and when I returned to work he had checked out for home in Dothan, Alabama...

After the Hogs lost in Atlanta in '06, the Oklahoma fan in our department reenacted Fish's goal line fumble before our morning meeting started and while I laughed a lot of Hog fans glared at him or me.

FWIW, I wear my Gator stuff irregardless of the outcome of the last game. Orange and blue, all the way.

Sloan Ridge Gator

Grandson of a graduate from East Florida Seminary School

Son of an former student of Florida State College for Women

Brother of a graduate of the University of Florida

suedon70

Gator Fan
Can't wait for this game - I think it will be close with the Gators prevailing....I'll say:

38-35 UF:bananajump:

HI Sooner Bob. Are you the same sooner bob that calls in on "The Box" with Corey and Reed in Columbia? Welcome to the forum and GOOOO Gators!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema