• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Greetings from a Sooner Fan

Sooner_Bob

Gator Fan
It's on baby!!!!!!

Just want to say that I look forward to playing a classy program. I hope that we have a GREAT game and that the best team wins. I look forward to chatting and talking crap with/to you guys over the next few weeks.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
It's on baby!!!!!!

Just want to say that I look forward to playing a classy program. I hope that we have a GREAT game and that the best team wins. I look forward to chatting and talking crap with/to you guys over the next few weeks.

Is this a real Sooner fan? I, too, would like to chat and talk crap with a Sooner fan. I just hope this a) isn't a fake b) doesn't degrade into a "your team sucks" debate.

That being said, welcome, and I look forward to seeing that high-powered OK offense and Tebow testing that defense.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Welcome Sooner Bob; it's nice to see rival fans come on board and act classy. It'll be a great game; I have a LOT of respect for Bob Stoops and this game will be a match of wits between Stoops and Urban Meyer - two of the best in all of college football.

It's on baby!!!!!!

Well at least you got on with some class unlike some bama and UGA fans we have had on here, yeah it will be a great game

Sooner_Bob

Gator Fan
Yes I am a Sooner Fan. Sooner born and Sooner bred.....

Thanks for the warm welcome, I wasnt sure what to expect. I am a regular poster/lurker at a big sooner message board and they usually respond well to similar posts from other teams.

Sooooooooo, lets get to the bottom line.....WHAT'S THE SCORE GOING TO BE???

I'll let you guys go first. :alucard:

Yes I am a Sooner Fan. Sooner born and Sooner bred.....

Thanks for the warm welcome, I wasnt sure what to expect. I am a regular poster/lurker at a big sooner message board and they usually respond well to similar posts from other teams.

Sooooooooo, lets get to the bottom line.....WHAT'S THE SCORE GOING TO BE???

i think 42-21 Florida

because with a healthy team, the offense will be ready run by the mediocre OU defense. We have a month to prepare... after a week off Meyer is like 30 wins and 2 losses. So he prepares the team well. I have seen bits of OU all season from being on ABC every weekend. They seem like a TTU type offense that is all about timing, and the passing opens up the running... Without the passing the OU game is dreadful and ugly. If they have a chance they need to find mismatches with our corners i am expecting a lot of Dime packages since OU likes line up a lot of receivers. Your TE is top notch, Your WR group is legit, RB's good enough, and QB is really good but if they cant win the battle at the Line of scrimmage he is just another pocket passer. He cannot run away when the pocket closes on a team like Florida.. He will never in his OU career see a faster defense then in Miami, unless they play a SEC team again.

Florida though should have a good day on special teams, not alot is said about the OU special teams this season, which to me is a sign of suspectfulness. I have heard though the punter and FG are not worth bragging about. Will there be a huge ST play? yes. It will open the game up for Florida to apply the pressure on defense to cost 2+ interceptions, and keep our offense running wild. At the end of the day, all the film watching and preparing for Floridas speed on the 3 phases of the game, will be too much for Oklahoma to handle not to mention how physical we are up front.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Welcome and howdy.
Plenty of time for predictions.......How's your QB's hand? I know it's his non-throwing hand but can you elaborate? How about your D? What are their weaknesses, and their strengths? iyo :D

castawaygator

VIP Member
i think 42-21 Florida

because with a healthy team, the offense will be ready run by the mediocre OU defense. We have a month to prepare... after a week off Meyer is like 30 wins and 2 losses. So he prepares the team well. I have seen bits of OU all season from being on ABC every weekend. They seem like a TTU type offense that is all about timing, and the passing opens up the running... Without the passing the OU game is dreadful and ugly. If they have a chance they need to find mismatches with our corners i am expecting a lot of Dime packages since OU likes line up a lot of receivers. Your TE is top notch, Your WR group is legit, RB's good enough, and QB is really good but if they cant win the battle at the Line of scrimmage he is just another pocket passer. He cannot run away when the pocket closes on a team like Florida.. He will never in his OU career see a faster defense then in Miami, unless they play a SEC team again.

Florida though should have a good day on special teams, not alot is said about the OU special teams this season, which to me is a sign of suspectfulness. I have heard though the punter and FG are not worth bragging about. Will there be a huge ST play? yes. It will open the game up for Florida to apply the pressure on defense to cost 2+ interceptions, and keep our offense running wild. At the end of the day, all the film watching and preparing for Floridas speed on the 3 phases of the game, will be too much for Oklahoma to handle not to mention how physical we are up front.

i agree with a lot of what you said. i would guess 41 -27 gators

welcome sooner fan, lately it has been quite unusual for an opponent's fan to be so civil so thanks.
i cant wait for the game especially if i get to watch it with my niece who is going to OU right now. i remember last time she was in NY we got to watch the AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! finish to the boise state - OU game. you can imagine how happy she was seeing OU, who was clearly superior offensively, have boise state used every trick in the book for the in.not to mention a bonus proposal at the end.

i can only hope the gators - sonners game will be so good. unfortunately, i think the gator D is going to have its way with your QB.

Sooner_Bob

Gator Fan
I'm on my iPhone right now so I won't respond with much.....

Before I say anything let's understand that I will be picking OU to win the game.

1. I don't see either of our teams scoring 40+ points.

2. I think that you guys will not harrass our QB as much as you think. I'm sure he will have some pressure but the one thing that I have complete confidence in aside from Bradford is our offensive lines ability to pass block even when the D is dialed in on passing situations.

3. I think we will have reasonable success running the ball. By reasonable I mean 100-130 yards not including QB sacks.

4. Our D!!! This is the key to the game in my opinion. I do not consider our D to be world class because it isn't. However, I honestly and respectifully think that the Big XII defences have look bad because of the same reason SEC defenses look so good. I think the Florida offense is the only GREAT one in the SEC. Not saying that there are no other good ones, but I feel that there is a HUGE drop off in talent after Tebow. I think both of our teams will be suprised at how good OU's offense is and at how good Floridas D is(hope that makes sense).

That's all for now.

Also, Bradford had a 90min surgery on Sunday and will be 100%(pratically, it's his left hand) for the game. He played through the major pain against mizzou and will just be a little sore for our game.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
42-38, Florida. Oklahoma's offense will open up with a deluge of points in a great display of aerial wizardry and then peter out as our defense warms up. Florida will slow down in the 3rd quarter, and will probably trail before Tebow, or Harvin lights up the scoreboard in the end after a game-turner. The two teams will hug each other and drink beer afterwards and maybe even sing "Kumbaya".

Sooner_Bob

Gator Fan
42-38, Florida. Oklahoma's offense will open up with a deluge of points in a great display of aerial wizardry and then peter out as our defense warms up. Florida will slow down in the 3rd quarter, and will probably trail before Tebow, or Harvin lights up the scoreboard in the end after a game-turner. The two teams will hug each other and drink beer afterwards and maybe even sing "Kumbaya".

Almost perfect! Almost

castawaygator

VIP Member
^^^ I think he was referring to the op.

you would be correct. sorry if i was not clear but i was agreeing with the outlook of the game by BBO, and then welcoming all sooner fans.

I'm on my iPhone right now so I won't respond with much.....

Before I say anything let's understand that I will be picking OU to win the game.

1. I don't see either of our teams scoring 40+ points.

2. I think that you guys will not harrass our QB as much as you think. I'm sure he will have some pressure but the one thing that I have complete confidence in aside from Bradford is our offensive lines ability to pass block even when the D is dialed in on passing situations.

3. I think we will have reasonable success running the ball. By reasonable I mean 100-130 yards not including QB sacks.

4. Our D!!! This is the key to the game in my opinion. I do not consider our D to be world class because it isn't. However, I honestly and respectifully think that the Big XII defences have look bad because of the same reason SEC defenses look so good. I think the Florida offense is the only GREAT one in the SEC. Not saying that there are no other good ones, but I feel that there is a HUGE drop off in talent after Tebow. I think both of our teams will be suprised at how good OU's offense is and at how good Floridas D is(hope that makes sense).

That's all for now.

Also, Bradford had a 90min surgery on Sunday and will be 100%(pratically, it's his left hand) for the game. He played through the major pain against mizzou and will just be a little sore for our game.

perhaps you dont watch OU games with glasses on, or is it just a completely different POV from an SEC fan?
it looked like bradford was not being pass rushed by mizzou AT ALL!!! he literally could have stayed in the pocket the entire first quarter on 1 play alone without being touched by mizzou's D!!! utterly PITIFUL D!!!

i am in no way claiming the gators are #1 in D, but they dam for sure will be unlike any D bradford has faced to date! and i can pretty much guarantee some large grass stains on bradford's jersey for once.

Oh and Harvin is going to have "look at me NFL" type game trying to be picked near the top.

Sooner_Bob

Gator Fan
you would be correct. sorry if i was not clear but i was agreeing with the outlook of the game by BBO, and then welcoming all sooner fans.

perhaps you dont watch OU games with glasses on, or is it just a completely different POV from an SEC fan?
it looked like bradford was not being pass rushed by mizzou AT ALL!!! he literally could have stayed in the pocket the entire first quarter on 1 play alone without being touched by mizzou's D!!! utterly PITIFUL D!!!

i am in no way claiming the gators are #1 in D, but they dam for sure will be unlike any D bradford has faced to date! and i can pretty much guarantee some large grass stains on bradford's jersey for once.

Oh and Harvin is going to have "look at me NFL" type game trying to be picked near the top.

I didnt say that you wont get any pressure on Bradford, Im just saying that his ability to avoid pressure is underrated. One thing that I will say(here comes the smack talk) is that our Oline is going to win many more battles when it comes to protecting our QB than you front 7 will.

I do feel that I am a FAIRLY unbiased sooner(fairly is the key word), probably as much as any of you Gator fans. I dont think it is a bad thing to have crimson colored/or blue and orange glasses. It's what makes it great to be a fan.

castawaygator

VIP Member
so would you say that OU's O line is much better than it is made out to be in the press and stat wise...

or is mizzou's D so bad that they actually looked like they were running around with strait jackets on.

if it is mizzou being bad perhap the same could be said for atleast all of the B12 north and 1/2 of the B12 south not including OU, TT, or UT although everyone in the B12 has allowed big numbers scored on them.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
..................... I dont think it is a bad thing to have crimson colored/or blue and orange glasses. It's what makes it great to be a fan.
Your o-line may have been the reason bradford had so much time in the pocket. Yet of late, many teams have been surprised by how much speed we have on defense, especially coming from the corners.
BTW to make your stay here more pleasant "blue and orange" just doesn't sound right to an Orange and Blue crowd......

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema