• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators vs. Gamecocks: Game Day Thread

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
4th and 9 in our end-of-field. Stopped 'em! Good job "D"--and we're about back where we started.
Now let's see if we have an offense (and a relatively healthy Brantley stops going out of his way to prove IA's point!).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm sorry--these announcers can talk about "pressure" all they want--but Brantley looks like SH*T today thus far.
WTF--now a bad punt! We can't put our "D" into this kind of position, especially this early in the game. We're gonna get creamed in the 2nd half, like you said, E-.
With JB IV throwing water balloons out there we are not going to drive the ball ANYWHERE on offense, and now our Special Teams are messing up? Our only hope is that USC is as uneven out here as we are--but it's their house: this is when we WOULD have had a chance to smack 'em in the mouth, but our chance is about to run out, I'm afraid. Once they start running the ball, we've had it--even without Lattimore. PICKED OFF!!! Now let's DO something with it!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Rainey down to the 1!!! Now just get it in there, boys! NO! THAT was a PASSING down, I'm telling you, with our little backs...

the midgets are gonna shutdown soon wonder what fat charlies gonna then man why the hell does gill, hunter or burton not get the ball in FB dive at the 1? demps to the right? wtf???????

man that right side of the field was wide open after the first run for a loss shoulda rolled somebody out to the right it woulda been a easy ass wide open TD pass

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
One bad call after the other...COME ON Weis: you KNOW they were waiting for those plays! At first-and-goal from the 1-or-so, this team HAS to try play action. Shoot--that HAS to be INTO the endzone. Missed opportunity for an early BIG shift (instead, you saw THEM celebrating...think Coach Boom isn't gritting his teeth, thinking "That has GOT to change...y'all just wait..."?)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
man that right side of the field was wide open after the first run for a loss the midgets are gonna shutdown soon wonder what fat charlies gonna then man why the hell does gill, hunter or burton not get the ball in FB dive at the 1? demps to the right? wtf???????

shoulda rolled somebody out to the right it woulda been a easy ass wide open TD pass
Notice we were both thinking the EXACT same thing at the same moment? It ain't that we're so smart, but that Weis STILL is too enamored of that speed--and NOT realistic about our team's strengths and weaknesses...either get Gillessley more involved, or resign yourself to having to FINESSE "short'n'goal", right?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Meanwhile, look out: they are starting to roll up some running yardage. If they were foolish enough to keep going with the pass we had a chance, but even Spurrier is realizing he can beat us boringly.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Maybe by NEXT year we will be presented with a team that is "off" like this at home early and will unleash an OFFENSE on 'em before they realize they're in a game. That's what we have missed out on here: maybe a 14-0 or better 1st qrtr.
Bad luck! He blocked it and still got it completed on 'em. Now it's 4th and short--and Spurrier STILL scorns the FG.
Oh PLEASE let us stop them here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK, I am ready to forecast the outcome here after 1 complete quarter:
No Nostradamus needed here now...we will lose this game in the 2nd half, as they continue to run the ball on us and eventually get enough points out of it all to pull (moderately) away. Once again, "woulda, coulda, shoulda", but our lines just aren't big or deep enough to do what needs to be done.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hmppph. Missed it. Well, we keep getting handed life here: ain't worth nothin' if we don't capitalize, tho'.
Again, we need points NOW, while they're down; that running attack of theirs is doing its job in every other way BUT scoring, and unless we have a decent lead and can force them to throw more by the 4th qrtr to come back, that patient, wear-us-down game will work.
Brantley appears to have no answers with his arm--and our little backs can't carry this team. Yes! get Reed more involved, Charlie. Hammond drops it. He's probably our "best" WR right now, and he's maybe "above avg." at BEST. Oh man. We can NOT keep going for 3rd and long...aaaand it's another throw-away from JB...how about another poor kick? And yes, there it is.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
POINTS POINTS POINTS. Hides all other problems, right? Here comes another 4th and REAL short (thanks to a missed tackle by our guy, as usual)..1st down.
I'm sorry if I'm so unrelentingly cynical, but it's the only way I can watch this game: if y'all find me too much of a drag, let me know--I will understand and either try to tone it down or cut out--but DAMN! We have squandered a real opportunity here. These guys weren't ready to play, and we haven't really done ANYTHING besides NOT properly cash in our one decent drive. Now they are going to score--probably a TD, too. If they GET the TD, that will be the last time we lead today.
Notice they have had the ball a long time too. We ARE getting worn down, regardless. Touchdown.
Oh my brothers, these are hard times: this is a Gator team with little sign of life, and what there is runs out quickly.
It has been decades since I have found watching a Gator "team" so hopelessly depressing.

if the offense dont start lookin alot better/different and we use gill, debose, joyer and some others were gonna get our ass kicked

joyer benches like 500lbs weighs 255 he can push the line we shoulda got that td from the 1

track star fumbles

we want gil damn it

please get this stop they wanna score on us they know we aint gonna move the ball down the field their gonna keep going for it on 4th

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We need a spark now. A BIG one. Why am I even SAYING that? I guess I too bleed orange and blue. At this point, I just can't stand to see young men in that uniform doing so poorly, having such a hard time, being embarrassed in their futility.
Do you believe it? Fumble. I'm sorry, friends, this is what this team DOES. SELF-destruct.
Rushing lineman misses QB--of COURSE. Here comes another 4th and short. "Death by a thousand cuts", the Chinese call it. Let's go get a bunch of BIG UGLIES to go with those 2 large-fast-men we're looking like we'll bring in--and bring a HOWITZER to a knife-fight next year!
I am SO tired of seeing how "close" we are to winning games we SHOULD be running away with. I HATE THIS.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Easley hurt??? Our best rusher, and one of a handful of "keepers" on that defense.
if the offense dont start lookin alot better/different and we use gill, debose, joyer and some others were gonna get our ass kicked

joyer benches like 500lbs weighs 255 he can push the line we shoulda got that td from the 1
Yeah--what do we have to lose--this game? We're well on our way to doing that with "Plan A".
Time to switch things up--with the added important advantage of learning more about NEXT year's squad, INCLUDING getting one of the new QBs in there.
Touchdown? Oh great--1st and goal from the 1/2 yard line. Something tells me that they'll go forward, not backwards like we did. This is happening even faster than I thought (thanks to that 2nd fumble)...I figured this for the 2nd half, NOT the 2nd qrtr.
Um, don't think I can watch much more of this, friends. One more series, see if we can mount a response here at the end of the half, but if/when we don't, well, it isn't that I don't support our team, but (1) too many of THEM aren't giving a particularly great effort, and (2) I find it too painful to watch the third-or-so of this team that DO "give their all" banging their collective heads against the wall.
My fervent hope that we might beat Half-Assed Yews is pretty well setting sail as well. In fact, as I've said before, they better not take FURMAN for granted: this squad is capable of losing to ANYBODY.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
One more thing before I go over to Girlfriend's place and just hunker down, at most maybe monitor the score from time-to-time (I might just set up GE on my phone and let Y'ALL tell me if there is some amazing turn-around in the offing--something I do NOT expect in ANY way...):
I don't WANT to get into that "BLAME-thing" that we all have an inclination towards when things go wrong and both the reasons and the results are complicated. We grope for something simple, and putting it on one thing, or even better, one PERSON, is just so inviting. It is an illusion, though: the tip off is when you can come up with MORE than one, you can put several DIFFERENT things or people in that "blank" and make the same pronouncements.
There ARE a number of actual specific problems and factors (yes, and PEOPLE, too--the staff, lead by our Head Coach, is doing all they can to get THAT done), that are dragging us down, and they need to be CHANGED for us to turn our fate around by next season. For now, it is all about small triumphs, devil-in-the-detail changes that are going on at the most fundamental level. We are finally getting those penalties under control. We are seeing who comes to play on EVERY play.
But we are just under-MANNED, especially on the lines.
I'm not always happy with the way Weis calls the game, but I still have a feeling he'll do better, a whole LOT better with his kind of team. He's done a nice job of mixing things up this 1st drive of the 2nd half...now what about redzone success? Again, Weis needs to remember what he's GOT personnel-wise. Nixon jumps. Worst friggin' time for it. See? Now what?
AGAIN a throw underneath. ANOTHER FG. We should be tied now, at LEAST. Like I say, "Death by a thousand cuts": that's been our story in every ONE of the post-"double-no.-1-weeks"-losses. This is looking just like the Auburn loss. No TDs.
Well, who knows? Maybe we can actually rise up and "put one away" finally after Turkey Day against Half Assed. That would (almost) be a fitting consolation.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema