• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators vs. Gamecocks: Game Day Thread

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I turned the sound on, getting ready to turn off the game and split, and just in time to hear the announcer note the obvious: that "the difference has been in redzone success...the Gators have been down there twice and come away with Field Goals, while the Gamecocks have gotten Touchdowns"...DuhUh, that IS the difference so far, that IS "the reason they're ahead now" (he actually said that as if it was "analysis"--"Hey, and ya know what? If they score more points, they're gonna WIN!" KABOOM!!! "He blowed up GOOD!" "Yeah, he blowed up REAL good?!!")

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Y'all know they're gonna run the ball on us from here on out, probably get at least one more score out of it (unless we collapse entirely and give 'em a couple more), so that even if we DO manage to find a TD out there somewhere (can't see it being on offense unless there's a full-on missed assignment) we are almost to the "wear-down line" already in this game.
Still, I can't WAIT to see what they can do with a couple of big backs and a line, a QB who can get it to the tight ends--and if we can just find ONE tall, lanky WR who runs like a caribou (bigger, faster than a deer) and goes up to get EVERYTHING (and comes DOWN with it), the Weis offense I keep catching glimpses of would be able to put MUCHO points on the board. The gator defense-to-come I have no worries about, somehow. You have to know our Head Coach will make SURE that happens.
Meanwhile, Brantley gets KILLED on that play--stupid, too, 'cause all you really have to do is hurry him to mess with his accuracy, it's obvious. If I were Weis, I'd start thinking about trying to get someone behind the defense NOW...otherwise we're just running the clock FOR them, and heading for another FG too.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I can't believe I'm still watching this frustrating quagmire into the 4th...I'm standing here in front of a silent picture with my car keys in my hand. Oops, there went that 3rd FG. No protection again. Oh yeah, there IS someone I CAN blame--and rightly so:
F*ck YOU, Urban Meyer!!! You and your lap-dog ran our team into the ground through inattention and laziness, the Clown in charge while you moped around--then looked at the results and bailed for REAL.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(Sigh) The Gators just insist on staying JUST close enough to "in it" to keep me watchin' and squirmin'--even as I KNOW they don't have ANYTHING to mount a late comeback with.
I mean, does ANYONE here think they are going to rise up and even make it interesting, let alone pull it OUT?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Lol, I'm working sitting n my car now listening to the game. Doesn't seem like I'm missing much....
Yeah, IA: it isn't like Brantley has proved you wrong. There goes Rainey--but he's stopped on the 2 again. Reed falls down on the EASY TD. That's how it goes. TD! Brisset got it DONE. 2-pointer fails (thought Brisset might get THAT one done, too). Still, if we CAN stop them, we DO have Sturgess.
Aw hell. I'm not going anywhere, looks like.

awebbf5

VIP Member
hey guys just got home from work watched the first half at work and missed the third and start of the fourth.How did we look in the third? Feel me in dru

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Again: We are SO close to being a decent team. I don't know that we can pull this out, but think about it: in all but the two games-against-No.1's, we had every opportunity to win them.
There it is. The nail in the coffin--the one long pass we give up--when you KNEW they were going for it.
I hate this. I was ready to lose this one....but NOOOOO! They just HAD to show some life...
"Every time I think I'm out, they PULL me back in again!" (I like to throw the movie-references in there when I can)

that boy jacoby moves nice as hell in the pocket and under pressuer his drop back is fast and he hears footsteps and moves

its a thing of beauty after watching brantly the stature these last 2 yrs

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
hey guys just got home from work watched the first half at work and missed the third and start of the fourth.How did we look in the third? Feel me in dru
We looked like we were continuing to get worn down, our "D" playing hard but just on the field too much, 'cause the offense could do NOTHING...but then we suddenly got life with Brisset in there (after Brantley seemed to get knocked out), and got a TD, finally...HAD to stop 'em again, but didn't (gave up LONG pass), but they had to settle for 3, and that's where we are with 8 min. left...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Brantley's back, and I gotta say, I don't really get it--OK, he IS the guy who practiced and implemented the game plan all week, but he IS a "statue" out there, and we SAW what could be done against this "D" with a mobile QB.

awebbf5

VIP Member
We looked like we were continuing to get worn down, our "D" playing hard but just on the field too much, 'cause the offense could do NOTHING...but then we suddenly got life with Brisset in there (after Brantley seemed to get knocked out), and got a TD, finally...HAD to stop 'em again, but didn't (gave up LONG pass), but they had to settle for 3, and that's where we are with 8 min. left...
brissett looked good wow that is a shock

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have a feeling only a "pick" or a fumble or a Special Teams' play is going to turn this our way. This is one of those times I just don't agree with Weis. I mean, he knows more about offense than I ever will but sometimes a coach has TOO much to consider, and misses the simple, isolated truth: only a quick-strike TD was going to win this once they got that FG. You don't screw around. You get your young playmakers out there and try to throw everything they HAVEN'T seen at them. The "game" is just 5 minutes now, and you are more-than-a-FG behind.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We may never get it back--unless it's a meaningless, more-than-a-TD-ahead kick-off.
Our "D" is worn out now. This was ALWAYS the "coming demise" for us, and Weis HAS to realize that 2 series back...in FACT, Coach M has to step in at a certain point and get him thinking "right" in that situation: with the defense having been on the field SO much of the game, he knew time and opportunity was short, and we had just the tools in that situation to MAYBE go and get the lead and make THEM play catch-up at the end--and THAT only if we sold out on defense to GET that chance and on offense to cash it in. Now all we have is the "one big play"-chance with less than a minute left.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That long pass KILLED us: otherwise, it might very well have been in Sturgess' hands/feet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema