• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Game Day: Goin' To Alabama ("...with an achin', in my heart...")

miltongator

Gator Fan
We're already ranked #42 in recruiting for next year, so may as well make the changes and just stink it up for a couple of more years.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(PS No one has said anything for a while...I assume that means we have "shot blanks" in the 2nd half, they made the adjustments, we didn't (AGAIN), and we are getting soundly, inevitably beaten DOWN now. Sorry, but glad I removed myself. Saw it coming--saw it SEALED when Driskel pulled that "unforced error" at what amounted to our last critical moment of being handed another opportunity, that weird-sounding exchange-of-fumbles, not just not-capitalizing but giving THEM a second chance at doing so. We had, MADE enough "chances", woulda shoulda coulda once again. Am SO tired of this. Something completely missing from this Muschamp-led Gator team, something to do 3with a "killer instinct". Kids at this age and level will NEVER be anything LIKE "perfect", on or off the field, but there's a "vibe", and attitude that permeates a winner--and we've never had it here during the Muschamp-era. To be fair, it seemed to have slipped away for good the week leading up to the '09 SEC-Championship Game. Didn't NEED it against Cincinnati in Tebow's last game, so maybe he was a bigger part of that than we knew (and Meyer not so much of one as we thought--'cause he seemed to "lose it" too, once TT was gone). Gotta get it back. Start looking, Mr. Foley. We gotta MAKE THE CHANGE.)

My thoughts on this game:

Our QB is not great, neither is our purportedly defensive minded coach. In big games Muschamp and Durkin never show up.

We have too much talent to look this bad. It is just sad, I wonder what life would be like with Charlie Strong.

We need to go ahead and play Treon Harris a little bit and let him get ready for next year. Each game Treon needs to get some snaps.

This season can be salvaged but I just don't feel like we are competitive with Jeff.

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I agree, let's go ahead and put the #2 guy in there. Can't be any worse.
May be the only way to go, right now--IF we do it "right now". But he only works as "interim coach", in my opinion--and that'll play WORSE havoc with recruiting. As I said earlier, he hasn't exactly dazzled yet, even at OC--"CLOSE to ready", should have been able to grow the rest of the way into the role with a strong HC, but "The Guy"? This is a HUGE crossroads for our program: "The RIGHT Guy" can do the kind of thing Meyer managed, take "what he's got" and make it a Championship team in a couple of seasons, even as he's revamping and restoring the foundation being built behind and underneath the experienced players already here. It takes that unique combination of flexibility and vision, but as I say, I believe most of the pieces are already here for success.
Who is out there who is coming-on-strong, has led/is leading teams further than anyone has done where they are before? Roper may well be that guy at OC--but stepping him up to our HC at this point sounds too much like an offense-version of the Muschamp-gamble. If there's no one else, well, that's where we're at--but is that the casse? I'm asking, 'cause off-hand no one comes immediately to mind, and I've been thinking on it several days, truth be told.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
My thoughts on this game:

Our QB is not great, neither is our purportedly defensive minded coach. In big games Muschamp and Durkin never show up.

We have too much talent to look this bad. It is just sad, I wonder what life would be like with Charlie Strong.

We need to go ahead and play Treon Harris a little bit and let him get ready for next year. Each game Treon needs to get some snaps.

This can be salvaged but I just don't feel like we are competitive with Jeff.
I'm with you on the switch to Harris, as I say--but I'm thinking more in terms of NEXT season now, and frankly, as I said before, don't see this HC doing the thing that's best for what would in all likelihood be "for the next guy". It might be best for "the program", but it doesn't happen unless he's convinced it helps him win right now--and that's NOT how his words and attitude re JD have sounded. He's pretty well tied his fate to Driskel, I think--and that's that, long as he's healthy, at least for the foreseeable...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I agree, let's go ahead and put the #2 guy in there. Can't be any worse.
On rereading (sorry, been consumed with my own line-of-thinking) I realize you were prob talking bout the QBs, not the HC--tho' you may well think similarly about that, am I right, mg?
Anyway, guess more'n'more of us are coming around to the idea that it's time already to start thinking ahead, WAY ahead, and that DEFINITELY means getting the kid with DAZZLING promise in there...you're probably right about him doing a better job all around with the offense immediately, even with so much less experience, command of the playbook and a resulting fore-shortened play-selection. Seems obvious Q, "What's the good of an experienced, well-versed QB who can't make the throws and still messes up simple exchanges?", but that's not how Muschamp sees it, I'm afraid, and he's not gonna do it. One more of his many blind failings.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Boy, we KNOW we are sunk, today and prob this season, if I'm able to carry on an "in-game discussion", on my phone, without even watching the game since late in the first half and nary a WORD about it from anyone meanwhile, while we talk Gator-football. ANOTHER sign about how far things have gone.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So disappointing, too. Mid-september, 3 games in and we are floundering, the only thing certain that we're not very good, probably won't BE very good--and wondering WHY THE HELL NOT?!! "8-and-4" might have sounded like something that could save Muschamp's job, but based on what we've seen so far, even the "7-and-4" that it might be argued is its equivalent now (not being able to play that 1st "gimme") just doesn't FEEL like it should be "good enough", not with what we're seeing out there. It bears repeating, what I said above: There is NO WAY we should have gotten WORSE between week 2 and week 3, regardless of who we were playing. And in the 1st half at least, that Alabama team played us worse, made more mistakes and gave us more opportunities, even showed more porous defense than last week's UK team. What does that alone say?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK. pretty simple and thorough post-mortem, at this point. No one more has anything to add right now? I'm gonna finally head to that bar--preferably one that''s quiet, NOT a "Sports Bar", where I can drink some decent liquor-of-choice and think about something, ANYthing else than this Saturday's result OR the future of our team. Plenty of time for that ahead.

miltongator

Gator Fan
I was thinking about the QB. But you're probably right in that Muschump won't make the move because he wants to save his job. Let me sugar coat this....F*CK him!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Already time to turn-the-page here--literally and figuratively.
Thinkin' on a title for s new thread...maybe, "Questions, questions questions"--but really it's a new ANSWER we're ready for. So maybe we have the title already in the first line here...

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
if Muschamp wants to live by driskel, then he can die by him. We had #2 team in the nation against the ropes in their own house. Our offense left our defense out to dry by not being efficient. fucking sick of it

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Two days later, I am back from a drunken stupor after that trash fire of a game. No need to post the final statistics. That game was easily the worst ever played by any ****ing team in the history of Gator football. I have no idea what happened or how the coaches plan on fixing that. The Gators were not expected to win this game, but they were not expected to look this bad either.

awebbf5

VIP Member
We're already ranked #42 in recruiting for next year, so may as well make the changes and just stink it up for a couple of more years.
For 2015 Dan Mullen has the # 12 class at Mississippi state right now. Hmmm wonder what he could do at Florida? Just sayin

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema