• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Game Day: Goin' To Alabama ("...with an achin', in my heart...")

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(OK, swiped and modified the LZ song, couldn't resist)
I'm putting this up early--gonna be changing my Game Day routines in all kinds of ways this week I think...Don't like to concede that I'm superstitious, per se, but then again, as they say about such things, "What could it hurt?"
Truth is, I'll grab anything, at this point. Everything else is getting shaken up, "dazed and confused" this year in college football (yep, did it again--sorry), so I'm goin' with it.
This may be one of those Saturdays I don't see that much of the game. Likely to miss the first part of it working as it is, but thinking I won't rush to the closest viewing-place regardless. May not even monitor the score that religiously 'til later in the game--though while I say that now, truth is I can't see myself sticking to that, not for long. Point is tho' I do plan to brake my own mold as much as possible. Not sure if that's more silly "voodoo" or just plain dread. I would have been sweating this one out under the best of circumstances. By now I don't know what to make of our team or its chances --but "optimism" ain't a part of it. If anything, that "one spark of hope" makes it all the more difficult to read, AND "what I think will happen" that much more painful if it comes to pass.
Aww, who'm I kidding? Y'all will hear from me at SOME point in the proceedings, no matter WHAT happens or what delays me for real. But I am trying to change things up, for whatever that may or may not be worth. Despite all the things I think and say, I WANNA SEE US WIN THIS GAME SO BAD!!!!!
Everything else, everything any of us do and/or say, let's face it: It's to harden our hearts, begin to protect ourselves from the pain we know we'll feel and we fear is coming. AND, however irrational, maybe to give our team some additional "edge" somehow.
"Not much game-analysis here, DRU"? You noticed that, huh? Well, even I realize I've said enough, made my point, at this point. And hell, if he leads a Gator team into Tuscaloosa that gets it done in proud fashion, shows that everything he's been saying about where we are and where we're headed is coming to pass after all, proves it now, on the field, in a most hostile environment, well, then I'll be the first to give Will Muschamp a WHOLE lotta love...
(you didn't think I could resist THAT one, did ya?)

miltongator

Gator Fan
Just watched Timmie on the SEC Net and he said a Gators upset aint happenin'. Know what? I believe him. Time to start handing out the nails.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Just watched Timmie on the SEC Net and he said a Gators upset aint happenin'. Know what? I believe him. Time to start handing out the nails.

As much as it pains for me to said this but I hope Timmy (and the rest of the talk show hosts) is wrong about that.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OUCH. Yeah, forgot my phone was still set to "alert" for all Gator scores...Not watching, not yet--maybe not at all, now.My thoughts at just reading the bare details of score by team player on which defending position was exactly the same as mg's: It's our Head Coach's area-of-expertise that sinks us from the start? AFTER his noting our breakdowns against UK and claiming "we'll get that fixed"? Well, that's gonna make what comes next for the program inevitable, even easy. Never mind how we do in the game, it's down to what happens RIGHT NOW, in the next few minutes. And my phone tells me we just came back--that JD just answered with a TD toss of his own! WTF??? Aw hell, if this keeps up, I'm gonna HAVE to wrap things here quick as possible and find a sports bar. Got the laptop in the car, so I won't be tied to "thumb-texting" here all aft.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sounds like Cooper's gonna kiull us. How does that happen when everyone saw that coming, far as who Simms would have to be gunning for, what their offense would have to go after to get-----GATOR picks up fumble, he's running, running, running...TOUCHDOWN!!!
(I had a moment to look at the video-feed streaming thru' my phone, just in time to see us pull this off\. Nieron Ball knocks it out, we get one of the 2 or 3 turn-around scores from D or special teaqms it'd take to win this thing. Well watta ya know?)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
LOve that quiet crowd. Oh, yes, I remember how it feels doing this wherever we go. We just want it back, all the time. Is that so much to ask? Gotta get back to work. Will TRY not to let my impatience show here..."Ok Ok, get your damn lines right and hit your marks--I got a date with a beer and a big ol' flat screen..." Won't do.

miltongator

Gator Fan
There best receiver , Cooper, totally uncovered for a TD. Where the hell are our DB's?? Bama's scheme is getting WR's wide open.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Got a moment to read thru' the latest. At least SOUNDS like our D has stiffened considerably since that first breakdown. But now Cooper breaks one AGAIN on a long-yards down, according to the play-feed. He's good, but how can ya let their BEST PLAYER beat you?Just got a txt from my friend who is THERE, on the sidelines, that Hargeaves is hurt, "banged up", and they're just not sure how badly. That woulddoom us as the game goes on, I fear: He's OUR best player. They missed a FG, it says here. And Dunbar dropped a sure 1st down, just before this happened? So. Muschamp's defense, both in pkan and execution, looks like the weak link here--that and 2nd rate WRs (except for one) who are fast, flashy--and have stone hands. This team may have found the worst possible way to lose.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema