• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 8: #22 Florida Gators vs #14 Missouri Tigers

miltongator

Gator Fan
The powers that be will make the necessary changes when they get hit in the pocketbook. Hopefully no bowl game this year will be a big enough hit.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Escambia I agree, this just feels like a loosing culture and not situational.

WM has got to get it together. UGA must go down. If not he may be out of a job at the end of the year or the end of next year.

As much as I would like to feel better knowing Florida lost the same day as UGA, USC, and LSU, I do not. I have said for years on this forum that it is "okay" to lose (to better teams), but it is never okay to be losers. There are a few teams playing with depleted lineups that field better teams than Florida. I am all out of excuses. Fuck this lame offense. The Gators have a bye next week, and it may be the only week in a month without a loss. Blah, blah, blah injuries, injuries, injuries. Whatever.
This is pretty well what I have been trying to say for several weeks--and I am a step beyond it now, as I get the impression y'all are as well.
That is, we were in danger of accepting a "loser's mentality"--as fans, and I sensed, the staff at least of our team...
At THIS point, where the informed and observant fans recognize the danger and REJECT the excuses and resulting resignation that threatens to creep into our collective outlook, I get the distinct impression that is exactly what the staff are generally telling themselves--and hope to "sell" to the people who have entrusted them with building and running that team and program. Again, beyond the observations, accusations and/or excuses, there IS a definite "bottom line":
"Will Muschamp, you are in charge. If YOU can't or won't take responsibility, take control, and in the end take charge of some kind of radical set of moves to change this deteriorating state that we can all see, the sickness at the heart of this program, then you don't deserve the responsibility of the position you sought and were given here."
There. I said it. Even MY patience is wearing thin--and I like and admire the guy.
(Btw--I don't say this lightly, and I actually wish and hope he DOES do "what needs to be done", makes a TRY at redeeming himself and his regime. After all, I still think THAT, a reorganization/"restart" mainly coalescing around "the right hire" at OC, with the fine defense he has built here and all that'll be back next year, we could theoretically in that way be pretty well "BACK" by next season, BEYOND "back" for sure by the season after--whereas starting ALL over again with a new Head Coach, etc., means pushing that estimation back at BEST a couple of years, with no guarantee that we're any better off then than we are now, and beginning to lose to graduation and early-turning the great defensive players we have now).

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema