• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 12: NR Florida Gators vs #11 South Carolina Gamecocks

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They waited too long to let him "get a feel for the passing game", and it turns out to be the final bad call--Just hope the kid gets over it, doesn't blame himself...this coaching staff should be lined up against a wall and be "executed by the Pie Hitman". I know that Foley is just gonna let 'em off the hook--I used to think HE was "the right guy" too, but if he isn't strong or honest enough to face what we all can see, then TO HELL WITH HIM TOO.
We "woulda shoulda coulda" won SEVERAL games before this one, but this one hurts the most!!!

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Congrats to Muschamp on losing five in a row . That hasn't been done at UF in over 30 years. That's a record you should remember for your whole life. Hold your head high Muschamp you piece of s##t.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Mizzou hurt the most. We were favored to win, and were shut down. We were 7 point underdogs in this game, and we stayed within five using a third-team QB.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
It's really not the fact that we lost five in a row as much as it , other than this game, is the lack of effort, lack of offensively and defensively consistency and over all game plan. There is no reason, including injuries, for our offense not to show improvements. Now our defense can't play consistent. That's a coaching problem plain and simple. Please ship this guy Pease back to Boise.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damn when will this nightmare end please Monday morning Foley make a change
I wish--but I've lost faith in Foley by now too...he just won't do his job. He just gave Muschamp and his staff that big "vote of support and confidence", and I now believe he really means it--at least to the point that he isn't going to do ANYTHING, and he won't even press Muschanp to fire Pease, and let's face it: He ought to do so, should have done so FOR CAUSE before now, and if he STILL isn't gonna force Muschamp to do so, he isn't gonna make him do ANYTHING.
Our only hope now is that between the boosters' influence and a few unhappy Regents they can hand him an ultimatum that amounts to, "Do your job, or resign..." Otherwise, get ready for another full season of much the same, with better only because we'll get all the injured back PLUS a few more good ones who'll find their way onto the field almost in SPITE of the coaches' floundering ineptitude. Muschamp is as ignorant, even contemptuous of offense as Spurrier once was of the defense and kicking game...But at least HE recognized his disinterest and hired hot young defensive minds to handle "all that boring stuff" (he still didn't think much of the kicking game, tho', and it cost us close games more than once--tho thanx to his dynamic, high flying offensive schemes not very often were they even close to begin with!)...It's the reason he only won one Nat'l Championship here--and THAT only when he had a really GOOD DC for that season--Bob STOOPS!
Also, in college ball, as important as good defense is to getting to the very top, winning, and STAYING there, you can win a whole lot, more than in the pros, with offense alone--and conversely likely accomplish much less than a strictly defensive team often does at the pro level. Aside from being a whole lot more entertaining---heaven forbid!--high-scoring offense is more often an integral part of championship teams in college football. Your defense AND your fans deserve a far better effort in this regard than this regime have even tried to build and field out there--Muschamp should KNOW and understand that, and Foley should demand nothing less than a fuller commitment to it!
(Now I'm gonna put on my new, freshly altered cool-duds and go make this girl jealous checkin' out other pretty women--I'm in a pissy mood, and she more or less made all this happen--well, everything not related to that woeful, "we could win but let's let 'em catch us"- "loss-slowly-fed-into-the-jaws-of-victory". May be the most frustrating "slow-motion failure" of a Gator-loss YET, maybe ever, in my experience. Losing doesn't go down well with me--and THIS loss is stuck where-it-hurts, need I say more?)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mizzou hurt the most. We were favored to win, and were shut down. We were 7 point underdogs in this game, and we stayed within five using a third-team QB.
E-, no offense, but fuck that, man.

(I mean, AGAIN, "We coulda WON that one!"--but this time it was worse, every weakness, stubbornness and chronic failure was on display, and you could see the final outcome coming, as I say, "in slow motion" from mid 1st half ON.)

Escambia94

The Gators definitely could have won that one. The defense did play better, but they need better coaching for the DBs. The corners missed out on INTs and got PI penalties just because they never turn around to spot the ball. The OL still sucks, but was decent enough for USCe. It may have come down to the lack of a kicker.

I am not the OC nor HBC , I do not have any inside knowledge, but I mean I just really see that we are not calling plays to our strengths.

How do you continue to run a power running game with a maimed OL?

miltongator

Gator Fan
This just in. The whole staff at the University of Florida was arrested this morning for impersonating coaches. Gainesville police said it was an open and punt case.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...and anyway, we took a QB (3rd string or NOT--and he was that only by the cockeyed reasoning of Muschamp and Pease, for whom a player is "3rd string", despite level-of-talent and readiness, solely because he hasn't proven his "experienced mediocrity" yet) and made him a "Hand-Off Machine". That may well be Muschamp's idea of "what a quarterback does" (and why he should have ZERO control over the offense), but again, grounds for an OC's firing (and in this case rendering his so-called "credentials" and the whole decision to bring him IN questionable at best).
You know better, E-, and this kind of stretching-for-a-positive-spin amounts to the same kind of excuse-peddling that THEY'RE foisting on us, and beneath you: I know you are going to get tired and fed up with our little "cabal of honorable losers" before this nightmare season is over, so please forgive me for slappin' you upside-the-head, figuratively speaking, and saying, "C'mon man!".

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I gotta say, even with my cynicism and certainty that I already knew what to expect, and the fact that this WAS, score-wise, a better result than expected (at least appears to be so if you went just by that score--and maybe didn't see the actual game), the fact still remains:
What I witnessed last night was in fact just plain disgusting. Just the most disappointingly hopeless "slow-death", reminiscent of tragic movie-plots, a la "The Titanic" (where Muschamp is "the do-nothing Captain", Pease the arrogant fool who designed the ship, and Foley the well-meaning builder who only realizes his own mistakes and culpability once it's too late to save it or himself...In this way, it was a kind of "compact-encapsulation" of the plot-trajectory to our whole season.)
(What can I say? I tend to think in the terms of the screenwriter that I mostly am nowadays.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The Gators definitely could have won that one. The defense did play better, but they need better coaching for the DBs. The corners missed out on INTs and got PI penalties just because they never turn around to spot the ball. The OL still sucks, but was decent enough for USCe. It may have come down to the lack of a kicker.
Yes, a kicking game would have helped BIGtime--would have put us up a point, made SC the one taking the chances in the last couple of minutes...but even then it would have been one we'd MADE "close". It was a terribly planned, called and executed game offensively after Taylor's 2nd TD. Though you could see the fatal decision not to let Skylar throw at ALL from the start--and of COURSE that led inevitably to multiplying problems and complications as the game went on--it's also true I thought the running game Pease had designed and scripted for what apparently turned out to the classic "first 25 plays" was very creative, finally allowing Taylor to do what he's been doing in practice since September--but after that, nothing. Let's see, at that rate, well, MAYBE we see Skylar permitted to throw, and given the formations and plays to do so from, by and for the first quarter or so of the FSU game?
And re the D, yes, but let's call it as it really IS: Muschamp's wayward charges on defense are in fact angry at their Head Coach, OC, the whole offense--and has rallied behind the DC and their positional coaches, NOT Muschamp, who they have more and more come to resent and pull away from emotionally since he called them out, essentially BLAMED them after the 2nd of those 14-to-6 losses, where they'd clearly played their hearts out...It's ANOTHER thing dragging this not-so-much-a-"team"-now down).

miltongator

Gator Fan
I gotta say, even with my cynicism and certainty that I already knew what to expect, and the fact that this WAS, score-wise, a better result than expected (at least appears to be so if you went just by that score--and maybe didn't see the actual game), the fact still remains:
What I witnessed last night was in fact just plain disgusting. Just the most disappointingly hopeless "slow-death", reminiscent of tragic movie-plots, a la "The Titanic" (where Muschamp is "the do-nothing Captain", Pease the arrogant fool who designed the ship, and Foley the well-meaning builder who only realizes his own mistakes and culpability once it's too late to save it or himself...In this way, it was a kind of "compact-encapsulation" of the plot-trajectory to our whole season.)
(What can I say? I tend to think in the terms of the screenwriter that I mostly am nowadays.)

I'm going to look at the positives:
1. You can lament that the second-longest bowl streak is going to come to an end, but I can counter with the fact that Florida won't be losing hundreds of thousands of dollars because of unsold bowl tickets.

2. With every loss, Florida continues to chip away at Florida State's BCS resume. OK, I'm reaching now.

3. It's almost over.

Escambia94

There is only one positive takeaway: we did not lose a player for the rest of the season. I half expected Clowney to take out Morhinweg for the season and force us to use a walk-on QB.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
There is only one positive takeaway: we did not lose a player for the rest of the season. I half expected Clowney to take out Morhinweg for the season and force us to use a walk-on QB.

I hope Clowney wasn't an excuse to not throwing the ball much because HE ONLY HAS TWO SACKS. Shoot I would have taken my chances.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema