• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 1: Florida Gators vs Toledo Rockets

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Dear Pease,
When you're in a position that you need yards in order to maintain possession, don't call plays that put the ball BEHIND the line of scrimmage. Please stop it and let Jeff throw.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We'll have problems down the road if we can't figure out a consistent offense.
This is a pretty good Toledo team, mind you--they'll go undefeated or pretty near in their own conference, mark my words--but your point is well-taken: We HAVE to be better on offense to get to where we wanna be in November--playin' for Atlanta.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
hopefully Pease gets his head out of his ass and we won't need to rely on it like last year
GOTTA approach things differently this season--for that and other reasons.
(Substitution penalty on 4th down--AFTER a long pause??? OK--1st game crap, but hell, that's bush!)
We have GOT to pick up TD-POINTS, often as possible--settling for 3 after getting in, then getting back to the 2 after the FIRST holding-call, then managing to find yourselves eventually at 4th and goal at the 18??? Pathetic, and dangerous---3's a "loss" for us there anyway, and in a close game against a big-time-opponent, well...

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I think we saw good play calling in the first half. I think the second half we went Addazzio on the play calls for a reason. There is no excuse for missing a 36 yard FG.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now they go for it:
They get it, but...DID WE JUMP? AGAIN? Aw, hell, that's a double bummer--the penalties CONTINUE t0 do us IN...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That was WAY too wide-open. Our D is startin' to get tired--thanks to penalties keeping them ON there too much: EXACTLY what our "bang it in the middle"-offense is supposed to avoid. This 2nd hallf IS a "return to everything awful from 2012" on offense.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I am not too worried about the poor second half. The Gators are on cruise control to Miami.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That observation/videeo-shot of what their QB is doing with his arm to draw Easley and the others offside is interesting--and why ISN'T Easley himself and/or the coaches on the stripers 'bout that? They DOI have a rule about that.
Yikes--free pick to Roberson...what's that about "Reason he's on D"?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am not too worried about the poor second half. The Gators are on cruise control to Miami.
True--still, this is a reprise of bad ol' habits. Ya just hate to see it again--and Muschamp's GOT to be having intestinal flips!

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
True--still, this is a reprise of bad ol' habits. Ya just hate to see it again--and Muschamp's GOT to be having intestinal flips!
i won't say bad habits, since it is first game anxiety. although it COULD be

but it doesn't do much to help any doubt we had all off season

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
These announcers are actually making some good points about the seeming limits and missing pieces in the Gator-offense (of course I'D feel that way, since they're agreeing with ME), about for eg. how "the backs'll just sit on routes once they get to SEC-play", etc., and how if we don't "find some receivers", and "don't show we CAN go downfield, our offense won't do a WHOLE lot more than last year"..."Cruise-control" or not, going another whole game, this one to start the '13 season, with just a shot or two deep all game (and we HAD that one, if the target-guy just gathers in a perfectly thrown ball: That doesn't mean "Give up", it SHOULD mean, "Let's try a couple more--and EXECUTE!").
I'll say it again: It gives us MORE than another TD or two...In fact, the list of "pluses" is pretty long. Oh well. Great "defensive performance, saw lots to be more optimistic about the POTENTIAL of this Gator offense--and JD mostly looked sharp.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema