• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 1: Florida Gators vs Toledo Rockets

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, Yeah, a win--and a better one than our opener LAST year--and against at LEAST as talented-in-its-own-right "mid-major" team/program (never know what that REALLY means--except maybe "not at OUR level--so we're shamed if we lose!"), with a good coach and at least a couple of real PLAYERS, who wouldn't be out of place on our squad or a host of others competing at the highest level.
Still, we all know that there were cracks all over the place in that Gator offense--and we HAVE to be, say, a 30th-or-better-ranked offense this time around, higher than THAT if we wanna play and win in Atlanta--and maybe set up a showdown with our old coach for the last BCS-Championship. Hey--I KNOW I'm getting WAY ahead of myself here, but it's HIS "2nd year with his team" again, they've got an easy road (How does THAT work, anyway?) and everyone is ready to anoint them AND him...I want SO bad to stand in his way, and it could HAPPEN, so DAMNIT, TIGHTEN UP THE SHIP!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I was impressed with the first half, which is the only part of the game that Muschamp seemed to care about.
I will judge the Gators at half-time next week when we get to see the actual playbook with all our playmakers.

I agree with Escambia, next week will be against a hungry Miami team that is not taking no for an answer. This will be a very intense and heated game and only the strong will survive.

We are playing for the governors cup this year, hopefully we can take it.

Escambia94

Miami is celebrating 30 years since they won their first national championship. Their QB is inconsistent, their defense was tested by the mighty FAU team that has won four games in two years, their marquee receiver has butterfingers, and their running back was the sole performer against FAU. Despite those factors, they will wreak havoc against the Gators by taking the penalties to slow us down. Look for dirty play in the scUM secondary and a cheap shot on Driskel. Otherwise, the Gators should silence some critics next week. The purpose of today's game was to notch the W without injuries, iron out some wrinkles, and punish some misbehaving Gators.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Miami is celebrating 30 years since they won their first national championship. Their QB is inconsistent, their defense was tested by the mighty FAU team that has won four games in two years, their marquee receiver has butterfingers, and their running back was the sole performer against FAU. Despite those factors, they will wreak havoc against the Gators by taking the penalties to slow us down. Look for dirty play in the scUM secondary and a cheap shot on Driskel. Otherwise, the Gators should silence some critics next week. The purpose of today's game was to notch the W without injuries, iron out some wrinkles, and punish some misbehaving Gators.
you must have seen my video lol

I honestly think we will get it done in a much more organized fashion than today. we'll have our starters back and 1st game anxiety will be gone. our defense will show up and hopefully the refs let us play it out.

Escambia94

you must have seen my video lol

I honestly think we will get it done in a much more organized fashion than today. we'll have our starters back and 1st game anxiety will be gone. our defense will show up and hopefully the refs let us play it out.
Great minds think alike. Besides, everyone knows that Miami is full of thugs. The Gators will prevail, but might lose a player to injury.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Over I was very impressed. Defense hasn't missed a beat, Driskel looked cool calm and collected running the offense and we have some great running backs....go gators!! Gonna be a great year CHOMP CHOMP

Escambia94

I love these videos @NaffGutts! I shared this with all my Army and Air Force buddies deployed to Afghanistan and Kuwait. None of them were able to watch the game.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
I love these videos @NaffGutts! I shared this with all my Army and Air Force buddies deployed to Afghanistan and Kuwait. None of them were able to watch the game.
thanks man, and believe me i know what it's like. i remember watching the SECCG between Florida and Bama on Italian cable tv lol.

I uploaded a few things they'll relate too
here is one.

Last edited:

Escambia94

thanks man, and believe me i know what it's like. i remember watching the SECCG between Florida and Bama on Italian cable tv lol.

I uploaded a few things they'll relate too
here is one.

I was supposed to be in this rotation, but I ruptured my Achilles tendon in training. This season better not suck. I am missing out on all the fun.

Ga8or22

Eventis sultorum magister.
My points
The Good
The defense picked up where they left off with very few mental errors for the first game.
JD passed well and completed 6 straight at one point.
Brown is a good runner with good moves.
Our DB's need to pick up their coverage
Ajagbe will finally be a solid contributor for the team.
WE WON even if it wasn't by the point spread.
THE BAD
Our punting stank - Really stank the Toledo punter out kicked us BADLY
The right side of the Oline held its won, BUT the left side had some problems and gave up some sacks.
Our RB's need to learn how to block
No down field passing even when Toledo kept 8 and 9 people in the box. THROW THE BALL DOWN FIELD.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
My points
The Good
The defense picked up where they left off with very few mental errors for the first game.
JD passed well and completed 6 straight at one point.
Brown is a good runner with good moves.
Our DB's need to pick up their coverage
Ajagbe will finally be a solid contributor for the team.
WE WON even if it wasn't by the point spread.
THE BAD
Our punting stank - Really stank the Toledo punter out kicked us BADLY
The right side of the Oline held its won, BUT the left side had some problems and gave up some sacks.
Our RB's need to learn how to block
No down field passing even when Toledo kept 8 and 9 people in the box. THROW THE BALL DOWN FIELD.
I agree with most of what you said. i think we are looking promising, especially with how many guys we didn't see play due to suspensions or injury. Next week we will see our complete roster and i think it will be awesome. sustained defense and balanced offense = atlanta

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema