• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 1: Florida Gators vs Toledo Rockets

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Spread WRs often lack technique.
Yeah, OK, but jumping when you don't have to, screwing up the easy big play? Didn't we just finally get rid of a guy who specialized in that--someone with the dubious nickname having to do with his "fingers"???

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I think Muschamp is going vanilla on offense and defense with backups in order to save up for Miami.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@NaffGutts,
Everything you say is true, spot on--but you know well as I do that there's that "bigger picture" to consider here, as said before. He needs to let his OC "have his head"--and Pease needs to be saying, "Look, we get ALL of that and more if/when we take our shots..."

miltongator

Gator Fan
Mick said we had no penalties....next play ....a penalty. Then he said Toledo hadn't converted a 3rd down....next play they convert. Any Gator should know better.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
@NaffGutts,
Everything you say is true, spot on--but you know well as I do that there's that "bigger picture" to consider here, as said before. He needs to let his OC "have his head"--and Pease needs to be saying, "Look, we get ALL of that and more if/when we take our shots..."
sometimes the bigger picture doesn't develop until it's all over lol

either way, i don't expect them to open up the entire playbook with the type of schedule we have. fact is, JD is doing awesome with what he has been given

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
can you guys imagine Jones and Brown sharing touches with JD being consistent in the air like he's been in this game?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here come the stupid penalties...OK, that first one 'gainst Dunbar was borderline, but this sh*t, we're killin' ourselves again, like last year's offense.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Man, that was a complete cluster-f*ck, once we got to the redzone...Again, "Just like last year".
...And it STARTS with our failure to not just TAKE IT DEEP at certain key moments: It both restrains the natural flow-of-dominance, AND gives time and more opportunities for BAD stuff to happen.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I think the kicking game will come into play against Miami.
Think we're in trouble if it does...This kid might get comfortable and be as good as advertised eventually (he was the best-in-state I hear in high school), but he sure ain't there yet...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema