• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GameDay Thread: Week 3--Night Game At Neyland

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Come on, D. I know you're tired, but come ON! Hold by their blocker uncalled on that 1st down completion...it'l STILL be a miracle if we can get out of here with a win--this crap with the officials will get worse, you'll see..Thing is, our guys canNOT help them, not like in the first half. We have the lead and an offense just getting on track with a QB coming into his own at just the right time: if our much-vaunted defense can just finally step forward, we can steal this one...oh oh! Whew, we can't let them strike fast that way. OK: 3rd and long: what do you say we STOP them this time? Short of the 1st--do they go for it? Looks like no...our ball inside the 20...could have been worse.
Well, looks like we might need 35 to win this after all...how about one more LONG drive, do what they did in the 2nd to take this thing. Too much to ask?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Run that middle screen again on 3rd down...NO no no! you go for positive yardage there...Damn, we have to give them ANOTHER chance.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
I just don't feel comfortable putting it on the back of our d at this point!!! I sure wish I can drink right about now but I gotta work in the morning uhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Believe me, drinking doesn't help--the tension keeps sobering me u--BUT THAT WILL!! ANOTHER BIG ONE--this one Hammond all the way!!! We are starting to become something special on offense...Driskel is a beast tonight! Listen to that crowd! Oh, it's called "silence"...THIS is great!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK: Do we HAVE a "D" or WHAT? Bray HAS to start slinging it around the place, and we are DUE for some picks...PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE...just keep a centerfielder back on everyplay (someone EXPERIENCED), and everyone else, PIN YOUR EARS BACK!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That's right, put him down on every play...here's the biggest 3rd down tonight: and it's 4th down...wadda ya gonna do? Go for it now? Or try to stop us again? OK. let's get some first downs and put this thing away! Thjere goes Gilly for another 30 plus...we have them now,boys...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Another couple of first downs and maybe a FG puts this away for good...4th and 6 inches--go for ut and let's end this thing~!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, I guess when you've got the best kicker in the country and are already up 2 scores with under 8 minutes left, you make it 17 points and play defense...I think it's safe to say it at this point:
We are a 2nd half team (and finally a tough one--I give Muschamp THAT much...)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Listen to these announcers trying to say they thought the Gators were "stronger all along"...Shit! Easley down...we can't afford to lose ANOTHER 1st-stringer on defense.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Let's just wrap this up and get out of here healthy...don't let 'em have anything easy or quick, just keep doing what we're doing...this Vols team KNOWS it's beat. What do you say they go for it on 4th down here? Nope: they have conceded this one.
Man, can you imagine what this team could do if it started playing this well in the FIRST half? Then stop and consider how banged up we've been from the start, AND our Head Coach gets out of thge way of his OC, and a few other little things like our defense really playing a whole game--and you get the idea that this WAS a team with 10+ win potential...as it is, we are on track for 9 or so I think if we can get at least SOME of these things ironed out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema