• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GameDay Thread: Week 3--Night Game At Neyland

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We needed THAT coverage on the LASST play...we have had 4 3rd-and-longs here! This has sucked! Now we're gonna be down a TD unless SOMEONE finally makes a play...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damnit--where was the protection on that little out again? That's free yardage there. And there's the TD.
We HANDED them that drive. Our defense should be ASHAMED of itself...we are BETTER than this.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Look, we are about to "die a death of a thousand cuts"! The ONLY way to get this thing turned around is to start rushing and HITTING Bray, get him running around and throwing off his back foot--otherwise he's looking like the ghost of Vol-QBs-past, hitting everything. We can DO this--it's just a different mind-set than the defend/defend/defend approach we've taken so far.
Now: Driskel and this offense MUST drive down and get points this time before the half--we have got to get back IN this thing--mentally and emotionally as much as any other. Nothing straight ahead--like the announcer just said, it's on the corners that our openings are...Damn, if Driskel throws that one OUTSIDE its a TD, instead of a near-pick...good idea though...Here's a nice first down, tho'..."First of the night"? We haven't HAD it much...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Jones has NOTHING. We are lost on the inside running game without Gillislsley--and here's the STUPID penalty for "taking the helmut off"--now we're screwed. There goes the end-of-half drive...We are about to let this get away from ourselves, my friends...our only hope, short of a Vol mistake (which they don't look to be about to make, unless they get greedy), is to hold on here and go in down 1 TD again...not sure if THIS squad (without an inside running game, which is the basis from which our whole offense flows) can come back from more than that. As I was saying, Mack Jones really DOESN'T have anything as power runner, it seems: he ought to be coming on by now, and he isn't--in fact, I'm ready to call him a bust...oh, they're gonna call a penalty on EVERYTHING now--tho' he may have BEEN early on that one--just what we don't need...we are starting to look bad again. There is too much time left in this half, and our freshmen are NOT looking good, their on their heels--we need to get the first-stringers we DO have back in there now--being "fresh" won't matter in the 4th if we're down 2 or 3 scores...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Roberson "should have had" ANOTHER pick--I'm telling ya, we have had our chances--Roberson has ALMOST played a great half, but instead he's been a bit of a goat. Punt.
PLEASE let us run this thing out here, at least: we have GOT to get into the locker room and make some adjustments! Why the quick whistle? They say "incomplete?!! Nice pass on 2nd down...out near the 40...Great run by Driskel..he HAS looked much better tonight!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--we're at the redzone again, finally...SHIT, false start by a MILE...COME ON GUYS!!! We are having ANOTHER one of those games--BEAUTIFUL scramble AND throw by Driskel! THIS is why he's the starter!

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
When is muschamp gonna learn we can't f$$king run up the freaking middle on short yardage. Makes no sense to run the same play back to back why not try a bootleg with Driskel why why why why why!!!!!!!!! It's so freaking obvious !!!!! I'm so freaking pissed right now it's not funny. Our freaking D is horrible!!!!!!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Tough run, Gilly (thought he might score)--2nd at the 1...Come on, let's get this IN!!! STUPID play! Come ON! PERFECT time for pass, little flip outside on 3rd down. Now what? Do they just give in and kick it, or go for it all and risk NOTHING? THAT was the throwing down--now they have to either kick it or roll Driskel out!
No, they take the FG--and that gives Tenn as pick up, after such a great drive...I am just really disappointed with the play-calling inside. That was just a great place for the roll-out to the long side of the field--Driskel would have had a choice between the easy pass and the run-in, depending on what the one free defender does--and that was all there would be, the way they clogged up the middle to stop us inside. We NEEDED that TD, and we should have had it.

miltongator

Gator Fan
Our D has got to be winded. Can't expect them to play this many minutes in the second half or we'll be in deep $hit.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
When is muschamp gonna learn we can't f$$king run up the freaking middle on short yardage. Makes no sense to run the same play back to back why not try a bootleg with Driskel why why why why why!!!!!!!!! It's so freaking obvious !!!!! I'm so freaking pissed right now it's not funny. Our freaking D is horrible!!!!!!!!
Can't argue--we should be AHEAD in this one--that continued hard-headed return to running it inside over and over again when they KNOW it's coming, our one great inside power runner is hurting and our line hasn't opened up one of those "power holes" so far the whole year, all when we've got another really good running QB AND a couple of tough and reliable TEs to run the out route there--it's just plain frustrating-to-the-max, and STUPID. I'm wondering how smart our Head Coach really is, or if it's just a matter of his stubborn pride out-strips his ability to out-think an opponent--something you're gonna have to do sometimes in the SEC, Will...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Man, I am STILL steaming from that 3rd down call at the 1...3 points our kicker can get for us from inside the 40: you can't drive to the 1 at the very end of the 2nd in a game like this, where we let them burn virtually the whole 2nd qrtr leading UP to that near-miraculous drive by Driskil, and get stuffed on 3rd down! Talk about losing track of "the Big Picture"!

miltongator

Gator Fan
I have my doubts about Muschumps ability to out-think the opposing coach. So far he's been OK with the D, but just plain hard-headed with the offense. IMHO, he will usually beat the teams he should, but hasn't shown me any ability to rise to the occasion against the better teams.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, we're still "in" this game, but I feel we've let our best chance to reverse the game's trend on that terrible call by our Head Coach--and the procession of dumb penalties certainly doesn't bode well.
Of course, I felt the same way last week, so who knows, maybe Muschamp and Pease can turn things around and eek out some ugly win after all--but one thing is clear: with the trouble we are having with "pretty good" teams, there isn't a whole lot we can expect when we face the REALLY good ones. Oh well, guess we'll just have to hope we can fix the mess right in front of us, and worry about all that later. I know we're beat up and all, though, but this team is both beating itself AND being "restrained from victory" at times by the coaching itslef--esppecially in terms of self-discipline and play-calling, respectively. I believe we NEEDED the lead going into the 2nd half, and fear we'll lose it this time in the 2nd.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Come on, Gators! Go to the endzone here! That's out of bounds! No penalty, of course...we are getting screwed, like I warned...another stop by Tennessee. Fg. That would have been a penalty on US--he went airborn out-of-bounds to hit our QB--CLEARLY a personal foul BY THE RULES, but no call--and we end up with only anothr 3...I just don't see us winning this one, my friends, not with the refs AND our own O-line helping the opposition.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema